5.0 and 5.7 Discussion, Two simple questions about a LT1 Road Master in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok my cousins A/c compressor runs for 1 second and turns off after about 8 seconds it turns on and ...
Automobile(s): 1984 Buick Electra Estate Wagon aka Country Cadillac
Two simple questions about a LT1 Road Master
Ok my cousins A/c compressor runs for 1 second and turns off after about 8 seconds it turns on and does the 1 second turn. I'm guessing its low, and has a leak somewhere, but now we are trying to get pass summer. But where do I add the 134a? Do i use the port on the accumulator?
Also I took a quick look at the motor, but i don't remember seeing a radiator cap. So I'm guessing its like my grand am, and i have to fill the radiator via the overflow tank.
To service the a/c right, get someone to help you.
1. evacuate system for 45 min.
2. replace little plastic valve in dryer. No coffee yet, and I am blocking on the right name.
3. use gauges and do it right.
Here is how to make a suction machine to evac system:
1. 18 X 18 piece of 1/2 inch plywood.
2. mount old washing machine motor. Free at real appliance store.
3. bolt down an old working a/c compressor.
4. connect with fan belt.
5. run compressor backwards, & it creates suction.
6. you will need to buy a set of hoses for this.
7. cheap set up.