Tuning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Churchautotest
2014+ Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Tuning in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; So what companies are jumping on the tuning opportunities for the new tt cts?...
    VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

Tuning

So what companies are jumping on the tuning opportunities for the new tt cts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wilmo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I bet Hennessey is chomping at the bit!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Tuning

We have already begun analyzing the OEM calibration file. Looks promising!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Churchautotest is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Hi all, first post, but long time lurker. We recently tested the CTS and XTS Vsports for Edmunds.com and provided the tune files to EFILive, so everything on the E92 ECU is mostly decoded and ready to go. Pretty excited by the opportunities this engine presents. The stock calibration is very restricted, so just uncorking it should result in major power gains.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...no-tested.html

Dyno results are Dynapack, so they will read higher than Dynojet, but note the comparison between a CTS-V 6AT vs. the CTS Vsport 8AT. That should be representative of the differences.

If the next CTS-V has the kind of potential the Vsport has, I may have to trade in my 2010 CTS-V sedan.

I think with exhaust, tuning, maybe an intercooler upgrade we'll see at least 100 lbs-ft of torque and 60-80 hp no problem. Downpipes and cat deletes would probably help, but I'm just an ECU guy, the hardware guys will have to figure out how hard that will be to achieve. I know on the BMW twin turbo V8s downpipes are a lot more difficult with the central turbo location.

Shawn Church
    TRS-FAB likes this.

TRS-FAB Guest

We have been using HP tuners software for our ATS 2.0 turbo. So far we have gained 100 hp with just catback exhaust and intake we built! HP tuners is user friendly, and works great! Anything from a car with bolt ons, to a car that's fully built! We have 2014 CTS 2.0 turbo we are working on now, and will also be building parts for the Vsport.

Our ATS ran 14.40 at 93-94mph in stock trim, after we installed our intake, evacuation can, catback exhaust and HP tuners, we ran a best of 13.1@106 mph. Our ATS is a automatic and AWD model! Once we get the downpipe on the car I'm sure we will see more gains and 12sec times! Very impressive for little modifications! Very exciting car to drive, cadillac has definitely taken a huge step in the right direction with there new cars!!

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Looking forward to more development and stuff for sale. This car has tons of potential.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.