Head of Sales at Cadillac Resigns!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Head of Sales at Cadillac Resigns! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Looks like the heads are rolling: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/20/c...st-slow-sales/ Again as many on this site have stated. Cadillac really screwed up with ...
    blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Head of Sales at Cadillac Resigns!

Looks like the heads are rolling:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/20/c...st-slow-sales/

Again as many on this site have stated. Cadillac really screwed up with their current offerings in terms of price and vehicle offerings. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Re: Head of Sales at Cadillac Resigns!

I saw something about this posted yesterday. I just don't know what to say, besides the writing was on the wall. Here are some things Cadillac needs to do to compete with the Germans and Lexus.

1.) Continue to separate Cadillac from the other GM brands (please don't share a store with Buick/GMC/ETC.)
    2.) Improve dealer/service experience (dealers should buy their own Cadillac loaners, sales teams and mangers need to be coached on the luxury, prestige culture/mindset .. treat the person buying a base ATS like the person buying a fully loaded Escalade.. offer very very attractive leases )
    3.) Advertise more (more tv spots, more Caddys in movies, more videos on the youtube channel)
    4.) Don't let shoppers leave the lot without a test drive (even if you have to give them a free Starbucks/VISA/Ebay/etc. gift card or something)
    5.) Improve curent customer retention (offer current Cadillac owners exclusive behind the scenes test drives/info/track days for new products)
    a.) Offer current Cadillac owners MORE than KBB for their current trade to move them into a new Cadillac product.
    6.) Get the public involved (set up comparison tests in major cities, that allow the public to drive an ATS back to back with a 3 series/C Class etc. Repeat with CTS back to back with E Class/ Lexus GS etc.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    ^^All good ideas. Cadillac reps monitoring the site should take note and forward.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    Looks like the heads are rolling: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/20/c...st-slow-sales/ Again as many on this site have stated. Cadillac really screwed up with their current offerings in terms of price and vehicle offerings. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
    All great ideas. The story goes that Cadillac watered down the styling to appease the Chinese market.

Well how are those overseas sales going?

Cadillac strayed away from the design language that got them noticed and got cocky a little too soon in thinking they could compete with the Germans on price.

I've said it before, from a price perspective there should have been a more modest price increase this generation and gradually build up to compete, provided that the product styling, performance and reliability was there.

----------

They should build the Elmiraj pretty close to the concept like they did with the CTS coupe.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Great ideas! Ditto the need to spice up the styling (less nebulous), too! Place the cars at prominent locations (top notch hotels, prestige events, etc.) Keep adding special "design" editions, with colors (exterior and interior) exclusive from other GM brands.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

One thing has been common and alarming for me now that I have purchased multiple Cadillacs, although only 1 is needed: Nary a word as followup from the dealership, the sales dept., and most importantly the sales person who sold your car. How are things going? Any questions or concerns? Problems? Need assistance with something. Once the deal goes out the door, you are literally forgotten. Whats sad is that this is the easiest thing they can do to show customer support and welcome to the 'family'.
    Before the sale all thats heard is I want you to answer the new car questionnaire with fully satisfied. And lastly its almost consistent with dealerships that sell Cadillac are the ones most in need of a rebuild of their facility, especially the service area.
    This was true when in 08 you could afford the Car of the Year; now you could settle for an ATS but if its still the CTS styling and innovation you want, you are clearly in the high end for mainstream luxury. It is very true the technology found in the 08 CTS cant compare to the 14 CTS but in just a few short years, a lot of the technology in the CTS is commonplace. We chuckled maybe 10 years ago about cars driving themselves. We are not far off from this. Just my opinion.
    bo3adsa and gmfamily like this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The CTS and Cadillac " comeback" is 12 years old now so Cadillac did "gradually" bump price as the CTS gradually became not on only on par but better in most ways then the German rivals. Where Cadillac made a big mistake was going back to platform sharing and rebadging with XTS and pricing ATS too close to CTS. I totally agree on the advertising , way too lame and dealer experience equally lame. There are some dealers that are very nice but most need work and one visit to a Lexus or MB dealership tells us they have a long way to go. Bring back the team who helped rebuild cadillac. Bring back balls out " alpha male" advertising and cut the bullsh&$! with these boring " neutral " ads. They should be screaming " Where Cadillac and we invented the luxury car market over 110 years ago. Where an American icon making cars that are better then anything from Deutschland or Japsn. All while Led Zep is blasting rock and roll in background.
    gmfamily likes this.

I think it's more than advertising. At the Chicago auto show the Cadillac display was virtually empty while the surrounding displays (BMW Mercedes even Hyundai) were mobbed. As a Cadillac owner (sold my 2010 last week) I was a bit embarrassed before my car geek friends who were with me.

ChevyRules is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I think it's more than advertising. At the Chicago auto show the Cadillac display was virtually empty while the surrounding displays (BMW Mercedes even Hyundai) were mobbed. As a Cadillac owner (sold my 2010 last week) I was a bit embarrassed before my car geek friends who were with me.
    You think Cadillac's being $10K cheaper than their counterparts would have brought them to the Cadillac display?

It's image and image is built by good products and good marketing. Apple didn't have to lower their prices to get popular. They made a good product and marketed it effectively. And people were willing to pay the premium.

Cadillac has the good products, but not the good marketing.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

I saw several people walk up to the CTS look at the sticker, shake their heads and walk away.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I saw several people walk up to the CTS look at the sticker, shake their heads and walk away.
    Maybe they should have called it a STS instead and perhaps that would have helped those lookers that still see the CTS as the cheap entry level caddy that it was in 2003 see beyond the nameplate as it's bigger and more expensive than the last gen CTS was which is kind of what the STS was back in the day.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp

Maybe they should have called it a STS instead and perhaps that would have helped those lookers that still see the CTS as the cheap entry level caddy that it was in 2003 see beyond the nameplate as it's bigger and more expensive than the last gen CTS was which is kind of what the STS was back in the day.
    That's actually not a bad idea. Hindsight being 20/20 they could have made the ATS the new CTS and the new CTS the STS. I just dont get everyone's sticker shock though. 10 years ago I purchased my loaded STS and the window sticker was $63,000 !!
    Ludacrisvp and Guy.Seminerio like this.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Exactly. And on top of that, they've backed themselves up into a corner name-wise if they intend to roll out a competitor to the 2 series, which they better do. It better not be a competitor to the a3/CLA.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

dobrenyr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    I saw something about this posted yesterday. I just don't know what to say, besides the writing was on the wall. Here are some things Cadillac needs to do to compete with the Germans and Lexus. 1.) Continue to separate Cadillac from the other GM brands (please don't share a store with Buick/GMC/ETC.) 2.) Improve dealer/service experience (dealers should buy their own Cadillac loaners, sales teams and mangers need to be coached on the luxury, prestige culture/mindset .. treat the person buying a base ATS like the person buying a fully loaded Escalade.. offer very very attractive leases ) 3.) Advertise more (more tv spots, more Caddys in movies, more videos on the youtube channel) 4.) Don't let shoppers leave the lot without a test drive (even if you have to give them a free Starbucks/VISA/Ebay/etc. gift card or something) 5.) Improve curent customer retention (offer current Cadillac owners exclusive behind the scenes test drives/info/track days for new products) a.) Offer current Cadillac owners MORE than KBB for their current trade to move them into a new Cadillac product. 6.) Get the public involved (set up comparison tests in major cities, that allow the public to drive an ATS back to back with a 3 series/C Class etc. Repeat with CTS back to back with E Class/ Lexus GS etc.
    They should hire you!
    gmfamily likes this.

WJrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 CTS sedan premium black dia. kona, 15 spoke polished

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    I saw something about this posted yesterday. I just don't know what to say, besides the writing was on the wall. Here are some things Cadillac needs to do to compete with the Germans and Lexus.

1.) Continue to separate Cadillac from the other GM brands (please don't share a store with Buick/GMC/ETC.)
    2.) Improve dealer/service experience (dealers should buy their own Cadillac loaners, sales teams and mangers need to be coached on the luxury, prestige culture/mindset .. treat the person buying a base ATS like the person buying a fully loaded Escalade.. offer very very attractive leases )
    3.) Advertise more (more tv spots, more Caddys in movies, more videos on the youtube channel)
    4.) Don't let shoppers leave the lot without a test drive (even if you have to give them a free Starbucks/VISA/Ebay/etc. gift card or something)
    5.) Improve curent customer retention (offer current Cadillac owners exclusive behind the scenes test drives/info/track days for new products)
    a.) Offer current Cadillac owners MORE than KBB for their current trade to move them into a new Cadillac product.
    6.) Get the public involved (set up comparison tests in major cities, that allow the public to drive an ATS back to back with a 3 series/C Class etc. Repeat with CTS back to back with E Class/ Lexus GS etc.
    Regarding #2) above, when I first went to shop the CTS at my local dealer I exuberantly asked our usual salesman to see the car of the year. He gave me a blank stare and had no idea what I was talking about!!! C'mon man! Really? So, this is a "for sure" thing that needs addressed. And, later in the process of purchasing, he basically tells me that he doesn't care what car he sells me because he gets paid per car, not on commission. Hmmmm...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.