No locking gas door ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By greyghost04
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, No locking gas door ? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; My wife just asked me how to open the gas or on our new CTS , I don't have the ...
    ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS

Angry No locking gas door ?

My wife just asked me how to open the gas or on our new CTS , I don't have the car with me but I looked in the owners manual , and it says to push in on the rear of the door . Does this mean I have to worry about someone stealing gas ,or some moron dumping crap in my fuel tank because its not locked ? TX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Even with a locking door, you can break it open in about 1 second with a screwdriver.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned with fingerprints, and why my new Cadillac lacks a feature that was standard on a 20 year old Civic.....

Re: No locking gas door ?

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying , and this thing cost way more than a 20 year old civic ! But! they give you some kind of funnel thing to stick in the gas cap with the flapper when you run out of gas ! Its in the trunk somewhere! How much did they save per car? not much .

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

I've been on this forum for 10 years now. No one has ever said that they had gas stolen or sugar in the tank. Now if you live in a neighborhood that has that as a major problem, I'm telling you some good advice here, move! I like going to the pump, grabbing the nozzle and just pushing on the door and it pops open and then no cap to remove, just put the nozzle in.
    Guy.Seminerio and WJrod like this.

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ELDO GUY View Post
    My wife just asked me how to open the gas or on our new CTS , I don't have the car with me but I looked in the owners manual , and it says to push in on the rear of the door . Does this mean I have to worry about someone stealing gas ,or some moron dumping crap in my fuel tank because its not locked ? TX.
    Yes.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    "Capless" is one thing, but there's no reason it can't have a locking door with an electronic release. My '01 actually has a fuel door release button on the fob, in addition to the button in the car. Nice little touches that the newer cars should still have.

I agree a little Less luxury, Id love to pop the button on my key fob and then pop in the nozzle , I wonder if I can get one of these caps for my ELDO. 10 years ago everyone probably had a locked gas cap that's why we didn't hear of gas thefts or Sugar getting tossed in the tank . I live on the north side of Chicago in a suburb ,you would be surprised at the crap that goes on in a good neighborhood!

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying , and this thing cost way more than a 20 year old civic ! But! they give you some kind of funnel thing to stick in the gas cap with the flapper when you run out of gas ! Its in the trunk somewhere! How much did they save per car? not much .
    But thank you for the funnel mention, I did not know it was there.

I havent seen it yet. But I read it in the owners manual . When I was looking for the door release! They said if you dont use it you could damage something. I just looked and mine is missing!

I agree a little Less luxury, Id love to pop the button on my key fob and then pop in the nozzle , I wonder if I can get one of these caps for my ELDO. 10 years ago everyone probably had a locked gas cap that's why we didn't hear of gas thefts or Sugar getting tossed in the tank . I live on the north side of Chicago in a suburb ,you would be surprised at the crap that goes on in a good neighborhood!
    By chance, did you catch "The Mentalist" last Sunday? They drove a ~1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville white convertible around for most of the show. It was in mint condition. It was the "star" of the show as far as I was concerned.

Yes , I did and that car was beautiful , wouldn't mind owning that one ! Loved the color combo , I don't think the colors were factory . I also noticed toward the end of the show when they went to visit the guy in the trailer the car actually had a light coat of dust on it !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.