Something Worse Then Previous Models
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Something Worse Then Previous Models in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; In an attempt to generate a little lite conversation, I must tell you that I have found an item that ...
    cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Something Worse Then Previous Models

In an attempt to generate a little lite conversation, I must tell you that I have found an item that is MUCH WORSE than previous models. What could that possible be one might ask. Well, it is the Cargo Net!! It is absolutely horrible and borders on useless. My car is a daily driver and I have used the cargo net almost every day. The old net was almost twice as large and attached at four points. Two on each side of the trunk. As you know, the new net is attached only at the center point on each side. Not only is it much smaller than the old one, but larger heavier items, like milk, will actually slide out of the net during a quick stop. That happened to me today. I have even looked at retrofitting an old type net without success. If anyone had any ideas on how to do that or something else to improve this situation, I would love to know. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Something Worse Then Previous Models

Good point. And when it is in place it reduces the already small opening into the trunk for larger items.

CrazyWabbit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Luxury - Red Obsession with Cashmere

It is kind of a pain, but it opens in the middle to secure items like a bag instead of just being a wall. Putting things behind the netting doesn't work so hot when you come to a fast stop, but if it's in the middle and surrounded on both sides it seems to work ok.

I am talking about putting things inside the net. If it is something heavy like a gallon a milk and you have to make a quick stop, the net pivots on it's center point mounting and out comes the milk. It is truly useless in my opinion. I wish I could retrofit the net from my 2008.

superchargedCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium

Wait, I didn't get a cargo net or a fuel funnel with my car, are those items supposed to be included?

Yes they are to be included. Did you look under the carpet mat in the trunk. There is a storage system there and it is possible that is where you will find them. I know for sure that the the fuel funnel and towing hook are there. Let's hope that the cargo net is there as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.