4 Month Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 4 Month Review in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Picked up my '14 CTS AWD Luxury in December. Finally I'm not driving in snow or bitter cold. Removed the ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

4 Month Review

Picked up my '14 CTS AWD Luxury in December. Finally I'm not driving in snow or bitter cold. Removed the towel from around the pedals, which absorbs all the salt my shoes were bringing in. The new winter mats are much lighter than the ones in my '11 coupe, but also smaller and don't really protect the carpeting. That's about my only complaint (should have kept the old ones. Dealer really didn't care. They were so heavy I figured they took a .5 miles off my mpg, so I gave them to dealer a week after I bought the '14).
    OK, the winter package worked flawlessly. Heated seats still take about 3 miles to warm up, but they get so hot by mile 5 you are turning them down. Heated steering wheel is the greatest invention since dynaflow transmissions ;>) . AWD, can't live without it in Chicago area. It works great, I was never stuck, even in foot of snow on my driveway. So winter was no problem as far as the car was concerned, but it was so cold I rarely smelled the new car smell until now.
    Driving the car is a great pleasure. Smoother than my 11' coupe. At idle you could balance a dime on its edge on the dashboard. Not the case with my coupe or '12 SRX. Transmission works great, again not the case with my coupe. It was never in the right gear, especially when taking a 90 degree left or right turn fast. This one is always ready to please. Have not used the paddles yet. The newest C&D reviews the 2.0t. says it runs out of power at 5500 rpm. I think they must drive all day at Laguna Seca. With a 0-60 of 6 seconds and 295lb/ft of torque, I'm telling you this car is fast. The 60-80mph pass on the highway never runs out of power. You feel very secure in passing anyone. Now that it is warm out, I'm finally showing 20+mpg in suburban driving per tank. That's with no highway miles. On the highway I'm getting 30+mpg at 70-75mph. BTW, I'm cheap. I've been using regular grade gas since the first dealer tank went empty. Salesman said no problem (like he'd know). Going to try a talk of premium soon to see if the mileage goes up 10%.
    The interior is like a jewel. I still like to go in the garage at night to open the door and look as the blue tinged lights reflect off my titanium seats. There are jewel like surfaces that reflect the light like a diamond. It is just so cool, but you'd have to see it to know what I mean. Seats are just right for any length of trip. Love the lumbar support button on all my Caddies.
    CUE is faultless. I feel bad for people with 12-13 ATS's as they seem to have a different version than me. In the '14 CTS, CUE works perfectly. Spent 20 minutes reading the manual so that I could master all the controls. Took about a week before I could make it do whatever I was looking to do. Never have any problems. It is fast, responsive and very cool. Now that my XM trial is over I'm testing out Pandora for free. It works 90% of the time perfectly. I'm trying to figure out why that 10% it doesn't come on. It might be data reception on my phone, so that wouldn't be CUE's fault. I love it and everything about it. No other luxury car looks so unencumbered inside as this CTS. There's CUE and that's it, yet it does so much more that most cars. I love to demo the secret compartment to my friends. Whatever you put in there is definitely hidden from the law ;>) . I keep a soft cotton cloth in the door pocket. Yes the piano black finish is a dust magnet, as are fingerprints on the screen. A quick swipe with the cloth fixes all of this (yes, a little OCD).
    Anyone who bought a new car from 1960 to 2010 remembers the list you kept of problems that needed to be fixed on you first visit back to the dealer. Usually by week 2 you took it back. Well, I'm in month 4 and have yet to have a warrantee repair. Everything works and there is not one rattle.
    So this is my favorite CTS (I've had a '04, '08, '11 coupe). I believe it is a state of the art GM car. The best car they have ever built. Till you own one you cannot comment, because it really treats you well.
    Everyone talks about the price. They may all be right. All I know is my lease price is $586/month. $65 less than my coupe, which cost $8,000 less. No money down. So I don't care if the price was too high or not, I think the deal was excellent for an incredible car. I look forward to summer in this car. Windows all down (BTW, hold the open door button down on the remote and all the windows go down) and the sunroof open. Soon, very soon I hope.
    Jarrod likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 4 Month Review

Greyghost04, it was fun to read your post for the 4 month review. I could not agree more with your assessment. I have only been driving mine for three weeks now, but I must say, thus far, I LOVE THIS CAR. It is so much better than my 2008 CTS. My biggest disappointment with the old CTS was the creaks and cracks in the interior as well as the "harsh" ride. My car was black and when the sun was out everything in the car expanded and contracted and all of the noise came with it. I had the entire dash removed and a ton of flocking tape installed as well as the rear package tray. All to no avail. This car is QUIET! Not one noise. The ride is much smoother and with the MRC I believe the handling is much better. While I have always purchased cars, other than for business, I decided to lease this one. Also, like you, my lease was $582.14 with no money down on a 3 year 12,000 mile/year contract. I am still a bit unsure about the lease thing but it certainly was nice to leave the dealership with a $14,000 check in hand and a new car. Mine is Silver with Nav, Sunroof, and 18" painted wheels with MRC. It is a great car and also like you I enjoy just looking at it. The CUE works as advertised but candidly I will probably never use 25% of it's capability. If they could just fix the fingerprint thing it would be perfect. I remember you from the old 2008 forum and it is nice to meet you again here. I hope that this forum will have as much chatter and thus enjoyment as we did with the last Motor Trend Car of the Year hit our garages.

Hi cafpaf,
    Good to hear you are also enjoying your new ride. Agree with all your comments. My '11 coupe also had the creaking center console problem. All your noise assessments were right on. And the ride.

This forum is a little quiet compared to the old one, but it is growing everyday.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Great, write up guys! I am enjoying my CTS as well, and after two months I am still impressed. I also agree with Ghost, regardless of price I have an amazing lease payment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Greyghost04, you articulated the message much better than I could have. I didn't lease, I purchased a Premium. It is Radiant Silver with morello red and black interior. This is my 4th Cadillac and it is the best car I've ever owned or driven. I love this car.

A Premium CTS is really beautiful inside and out. I have grey/titanium colors. How about your color?

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04 View Post
    A Premium CTS is really beautiful inside and out. I have grey/titanium colors. How about your color?
    I have Radiant Silver with Morello Red and Black interior. The Radiant Silver really accents, the many creases and curves of the exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    I have Radiant Silver with Morello Red and Black interior. The Radiant Silver really accents, the many creases and curves of the exterior.
    Sweet!

I wish all of the Cadillac owners, would take time out of their busy schedule and drive this car. When you do, you will understand the cost. Please, drive this car. Not only drive it but take a look at all of the curves and creases in the body. It is a work of art. I had 2008 CTS and I also like the rear of that car.
    The 2014 is the future.Please drive this car. It is incredible.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson
    I wish all of the Cadillac owners, would take time out of their busy schedule and drive this car. When you do, you will understand the cost. Please, drive this car. Not only drive it but take a look at all of the curves and creases in the body. It is a work of art. I had 2008 CTS and I also like the rear of that car. The 2014 is the future.Please drive this car. It is incredible.
    But for me the issue is that the styling does nothing for me. I know that's subjective but that's the issue.

I have a V so spending that kind if money isn't an issue if it's a complete package and for me it's not. It comes down to Personal preference and tastes.

Not knocking the car from a performance perspective.

CTS Jerry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS

I have a '14 CTS Premium. I have had it right at 4 months also and simply LOVE IT! Best car I have had by far (and I have had many!).. Mine is the Opulent Blue Metallic with the chrome wheels.....wow, it is sharp if I say so myself! lol..

longislander is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS4 3.6 Luxury Radiant Silver/Twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by CTS Jerry View Post
    I have a '14 CTS Premium. I have had it right at 4 months also and simply LOVE IT! Best car I have had by far (and I have had many!).. Mine is the Opulent Blue Metallic with the chrome wheels.....wow, it is sharp if I say so myself! lol..
    Sounds beautiful Jerry...which engine and drivetrain do you have and what color interior?

CTS Jerry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by longislander View Post
    Sounds beautiful Jerry...which engine and drivetrain do you have and what color interior?
    I have the 3.6 RWD. Black interior. I went with the RWD because I have a new 4wd GMC for winter, so don't plan on this baby being out in the winter!

CrazyWabbit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Luxury - Red Obsession with Cashmere

Glad you have had such good luck with your cars! I have had nothing but problems with mine with rattles, broken parts, stitching coming undone, etc. After having taken in the car for the 7th time to fix a rattle in the sunroof, I was told by the head of service today that's the way the car is designed and they will not fix it any further. I wish I loved my car as much as you all loved yours, I wish I could return it.

carguy69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same issue with my 2013 xts with premium trim package. Big let down it is. One more year left on lease than iam getting a Mercedes or some other luxury brand

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.