SD & USB Ports
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, SD & USB Ports in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I know that there is a USB port under the cover in the center stack and there is supposed to ...
    cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SD & USB Ports

I know that there is a USB port under the cover in the center stack and there is supposed to be another one or two in the armrest area as well as an SD slot. The ones in the armrest storage
    area are EXTREMELY difficult to even see let alone use. I tried to insert and SD card yesterday and was unable to do so. I think the you need a dental mirror just to see what you are trying to do. Does anyone have any tips to make this easier or even how to insert the SD card? As
    always, any help will certainly be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: SD & USB Ports

cafpaf I thought the same thing, at least as far as the USB ports go. I haven't tried an SD card.

The USB ports are hard to see and getting plugged in is awkward/tricky. The USB port in the CUE is a little easier to see but it's still awkward. And when you get plugged in the USB cord itself is usually so long that it eats up the storage space.

You could just leave your USB cord in place and buy another one, but I found an 8 inch cord on Amazon that I use instead. I have an iPhone 5s that uses a USB to Lightning cable, and I bought the 8 inch cord and leave it plugged in the armrest USB port all the time. It's long enough to make plugging it into the iPhone very easy, but it doesn't need to be coiled up and eat up what precious little space there is there. If you use an iPhone it's a good alternative connector. It costs $10 and comes from China in the mail, so it takes about a week before it arrives. I tried a 4 inch cord first, but it was too short. If you're using a different device you might find a short cable that fits on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't want to put your iPhone in the armrest, then the only choice is to use the same short cord in the CUE, but I tend to forget my phone when I put it there.

Otherwise your only choice is to leave a standard length cord in place and give up the space.

Cheers

cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: SD & USB Ports

I put a few albums onto a SD card and I finally got it inserted into the proper slot. I had to use a flashlight just to see what I was doing. However, now that I have done that, I am impressed at how well it works. That system is great. How much music can be put on a 2, 4,or 8 GB drive or SD card?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.