Why don't we see more of them?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Why don't we see more of them? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I have been driving this car for about two weeks now. It is a great car! Good looking inside and ...
    cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Why don't we see more of them?

I have been driving this car for about two weeks now. It is a great car! Good looking inside and out. Performs very well and is more quiet and more comfortable than my old 2008. Candidly, I am totally surprised that I just don't see more of them. In fact, over the course of the past two months or so I would guess I have only seen two of them on the road. Even though it is a great car if my experience is the normal, sales in my area must be dismal. My guesses are as follows: First, there is now the ATS and many former CTS owners, like me, have gone there. Of course, having said that, I don't see very many ATS vehicles either. Second, regardless of what others may think, the price is too high. In my opinion, if a buyer is actually comparing a BMW 5 series or a MB E-Class it may not seem so. However, if the buyer is a former CTS driver like me, the price comparison of the new model to the old is difficult to justify. What are your thoughts on the matter? FYI, just in case you may think that I may be in some rural area, I am in SW PA with at least five Cadillac dealers within a 25 mile radius of my home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Why don't we see more of them?

Cafpaf, I saw a 2014 CTS overtaking me a few days ago. I noticed the "Light Blade" leds in my rear view mirror, and since it was the only one other than mine that I've seen on the road I paid attention to it as we both got off the highway. I was sort of excited to finally see another one.

I turned left and he turned right, and when he passed I saw a key lockbox on the left rear window and guessed it was being driven by an employee of the local dealer! So that's it, ONE and I don't think I can even count it. LOL!

I'm leasing a Vsport and if you look online it's raved about like it's the greatest thing since the invention of gasoline, but I have never seen a single Cadillac advertisement that mentions it. I think Cadillac has a marketing problem.

longislander is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS4 3.6 Luxury Radiant Silver/Twilight Blue

I was going to start a similar thread. Since I got mine on January 31st, 2014, I have only seen ONE other 2014 CTS (beautiful in Phantom Gray) and that was this past week...and it had dealer plates on it. I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY which is prime territory for this class of car so I must agree with the OP...sales must be really poor. I see lots of BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, even the new Lincoln MKZ every day, but no CTS

Meddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I don't have any figures in front of me but when I went in to look at (buy) the new CTS I couldn't justify the price compared to what was available on the XTS which I ended up buying

longislander is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS4 3.6 Luxury Radiant Silver/Twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    I don't have any figures in front of me but when I went in to look at (buy) the new CTS I couldn't justify the price compared to what was available on the XTS which I ended up buying
    The XTS is a beautiful car with a real "presence" on the road and is priced very well compared to the CTS but it is not a "sport sedan" which was what I was looking for.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Same here ( SE VA) I have never seen one on the road. This is HUGE car market, but I am the only new CTS on the road. I expect things will not get much better with all the bad recall news. With sales this slow, I am surprised their moving forward with the ATS-V and CTS-V.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Last fall one of the local dealers has some "great deals" on some left over 2013 XTS sedans. I wanted something larger than my 2008 CTS so I had them give one for a day and drove it everywhere I went during the course of the day. After all of that, I decided that the XTS was just not for me. I really can't explain it, but it just did not "feel" right. So.... when the BSMD (Bright Shiney Metal Disease) took hold a few weeks ago I opted for the CTS over several other possibilities.

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

I haven't seen a new CTS on the road yet, but the other day I parked beside a guy who just bought a new XTS. Beautiful car, I thought it was a CTS when I first pulled in beside it. However, the CTS is a sport sedan, but if I wanted something a little smoother riding I'd get an XTS for sure. They did a beautiful job of resizing it and taking away that huge gun boat look.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post

DaddysCaddy13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I agree I don't see too many of the '14 on the road and I live in central Florida ?? But IMO it's the tremendous price hike from the previous model for sure .....

papanots likes this.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Per my dealer thay are not selling well at all. They are starting to offer substantial "incentives" to move them off the lots. ATS is also impacted. I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and have probably seen 4 since last September. It's getting time to replace my 2010 Premium edition that I use for business and unless they are giving the 2014s away, I will probably pass.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysCaddy13 View Post
    I agree I don't see too many of the '14 on the road and I live in central Florida ?? But IMO it's the tremendous price hike from the previous model for sure .....

Agreed. Those would could afford the previous version (non V) now find the ATS in their payment range, I mean the last V sport I looked at is only a few K away from my last CTS-V LOL

evanj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t

I drive a CTS myself but I do see about 1 or 2 of them a day, I live in Michigan btw...

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by evanj21 View Post
    I drive a CTS myself but I do see about 1 or 2 of them a day, I live in Michigan btw...
    Probably driven by GM execs. I see more C7 Corvettes than 2014 CTS' and the snow around here just melted about a week or 2 ago.

evanj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    Probably driven by GM execs. I see more C7 Corvettes than 2014 CTS' and the snow around here just melted about a week or 2 ago.
    That's true, I also see about at least 5-10 ATS's a day...

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

The CTS is such an amazing car, I don't understand why they are not selling. Yes, they now cost a bit more, but a Tahoe is now 70k. That being said I have already seen several new ones(Tahoe) on the road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.