Why don't we see more of them? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Why don't we see more of them? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; This is my fourth Cadillac. It is the best that I've ever owned. Cue is amazing, fast and accurate....
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: Why don't we see more of them?

This is my fourth Cadillac. It is the best that I've ever owned. Cue is amazing, fast and accurate.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    This is my fourth Cadillac. It is the best that I've ever owned. Cue is amazing, fast and accurate.
    Happy to see someone else whose CUE is working perfectly

----------

Quote Originally Posted by longislander View Post
    I was going to start a similar thread. Since I got mine on January 31st, 2014, I have only seen ONE other 2014 CTS (beautiful in Phantom Gray) and that was this past week...and it had dealer plates on it. I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY which is prime territory for this class of car so I must agree with the OP...sales must be really poor. I see lots of BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, even the new Lincoln MKZ every day, but no CTS
    Don't be sad, be happy like me that I'm in an exclusive club. Do you think Bentley owners fret about how many Bentleys they see on the road, I don't (I've seen maybe 3 other '14 CTS's in 5 months). I want people to look and say, what is that,that's very cool car!

Speaking of Bentleys, the rear of the 2014 CTS resemble the rear of the Bentley.IMO.

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

Not that that's saying much. I find the rear of the gen 3 boring. Much prefer the gen 2 rear end. Hopefully it'll grow on me or I'll have to look for a good slightly used 13.

Speaking of Bentleys, the rear of the 2014 CTS resemble the rear of the Bentley.IMO.
    papanots likes this.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

At the rate they are going they will also cost like Bentley's soon.
    TulsaVic likes this.

The rear of the Gen 2, will never be revisited. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    Not that that's saying much. I find the rear of the gen 3 boring. Much prefer the gen 2 rear end. Hopefully it'll grow on me or I'll have to look for a good slightly used 13.

Looks like CTS deliveries are up a bit for March (+4.6%) but still under 3K per month and probably at the expense of XTS (-30.5%). FYI Lincoln MKZ had 4052 deliveries. There is no breakout on how many are CTS coupes. ATS got hammered a bit (-16.9%). Cadillac is down overall (-6.3%). Without the SRX (5399 units), Cadillac would be inder 10K units for the month which is approaching Lincoln territory.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Same thing up here in this part of Northern California ( Contra Costa County ), in fact I can't remember the last time I saw one.

cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Blankster, Your number are interesting. Where can you obtain this kind of information?

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

I saw those same #'s also. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by cafpaf View Post
    Blankster, Your number are interesting. Where can you obtain this kind of information?

Quote Originally Posted by cafpaf View Post
    GM posts them every month on the first business day of the month under press releases.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I see more 3rd gen CTS's in my area than ATS's

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

I'm visiting South Florida for three weeks and I've seen very few third generation CTS's, yet this area was formerly "Cadillac territory!" However, at least there are more third generation CTS's around than back in Pennsylvania! It's amazing the decline in Cadillac's presence down here.

What's interesting is in 2005 the Chrysler 300 was the MT car of the year (or 2004) and I bought a 300C with the Hemi.. It was a great vehicle for the times. They were flying out the door at a rate of 12-14K per month. I think the first year sold 140K plus. It was the hot car to get, even selling for a premium in some markets. Seems like Cadillac shot themselves in the foot with this one. Based on the ads I see, it appears that they are trying to push them out the door with incentives. Perhaps the 2015 will be adjusted a bit on price and options. I still can understand why I can get some features in a mid-market sedan at 36K that I cant get in a 60K CTS. I have to go to almost 70K to get them.. Makes no sense.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    What's interesting is in 2005 the Chrysler 300 was the MT car of the year (or 2004) and I bought a 300C with the Hemi.. It was a great vehicle for the times. They were flying out the door at a rate of 12-14K per month. I think the first year sold 140K plus. It was the hot car to get, even selling for a premium in some markets. Seems like Cadillac shot themselves in the foot with this one. Based on the ads I see, it appears that they are trying to push them out the door with incentives. Perhaps the 2015 will be adjusted a bit on price and options. I still can understand why I can get some features in a mid-market sedan at 36K that I cant get in a 60K CTS. I have to go to almost 70K to get them.. Makes no sense.
    Now Chrysler struggles to move the 2nd Gen 300 SRT. It was one of the many cars I looked at before purchasing a CTS-V and then my CTS V-Sport. The 1st Gen SRT 300 flew off lots and sold like hot cakes. The 2nd Gen 300 SRT has 10k to 15k discounts and I don't know if I have seen more than two of them on the road since their release in 2012. There is not a huge market for 60K plus American sedans, and when people do spend that much money then seem to look at the Euro market first. The exception to that seems to be a ground breaking entry i.e. 1st Gen Chrysler 300, 2nd Gen CTS-V, 7th Gen Vett. I can attest that the 2nd Gen SRT and the 3rd Gen CTS are better than their predecessor in almost every way. That being said, they simple made a good car great, and did not reinvent the segment. In short they did not change the game, they only made it a lot better. I love my 3rd Gen CTS V-Sport and I think it is an amazing value and performer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.