Nav System 2014 CTS Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Nav System 2014 CTS Sedan in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Does anyone know the correct procedure to add custom POI's to the Nav system on the 2014 CTS Sedan? The ...
    phansen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD

Nav System 2014 CTS Sedan

Does anyone know the correct procedure to add custom POI's to the Nav system on the 2014 CTS Sedan? The Infotainment System manual " Part No. 23127537 B Second Printing" on page 75 explains how to create a CSV file to import. The example is incorrect and I have experimented with different formats too no success. I have talked with the customer assistance people and the only answer they could give me was to build my route in MapQuest and upload it to OnStar and then use virtual advised and eNav to down load it. This is very inconvenient and slow, OnStar only lets you have 5 destinations at a time and saving and renaming them in the Nav system is not friendly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    How about using the phone app to send it to vehicle, then saving that info?

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Nav System 2014 CTS Sedan

The OnStar solution won't work, because it only accepts uploaded destinations, not routes which include waypoints. And like the OP said, you're limited to 5 destinations per OnStar account, no matter how many vehicles you have on the account.

I actually think it's useless, because you could just speak your destination to your onboard nav and it will figure out your route in a matter of seconds and take you there. Why go to the trouble of going online and using the cumbersome multistep process of sending your destination to your OnStar account? I suppose there are people who can't speak, but they can just enter their destination manually without On Star being in the way.

I like the nav system and I especially like how you can pick something or someone out of your phone contacts list and it will navigate you there. What could be simpler.

But there's one thing I don't like and they really need to improve it, and that's the very vague map itself. The roads are well presented, you see them easily, but the rest of the map is just an opaque shadow that's hard to see and doesn't give you much information anyway. When you're traveling you want to see where you are and what's around you, not just the roads. Imagine buying a paper map and all it had on it were the road outlines and nothing else. That would be one crappy map!

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Nav System 2014 CTS Sedan

Hi Jhduca. I tried this today for the first time and it worked well. A lot easier than going through OnStar, but it seems again that you just get to a single destination, no way to create a route.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.