Auto Memory Recall - HELP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Auto Memory Recall - HELP in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I must be doing something wrong because try as I might I am unable to get the Memory Seat Recall ...
    cafpaf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Auto Memory Recall - HELP

I must be doing something wrong because try as I might I am unable to get the Memory Seat Recall to work as, I believe, advertised. After I set the seats, steering column, and mirrors, I press the set button and the 1 button at the SAME time and I get a beep. Then I do the same for the exit positions except I press the set button and the Exit button and again I get the required beep. I then go into the Vehicle Personalization Menu and set the Easy Exit Option to ON and the Auto Memory Recall to "On-At Ignition On." When I turn off the vehicle and open the door the seats move to the exit positions I have set. That is all fine. However, when I re-enter the vehicle and start the car, the seats move all the way down and back, the steering column goes all the way up I believe, and truthfully, I never looked at what the mirrors do. It does the exact same thing if I set the Auto Memory Recall to "On- Driver Door Open." Now, if I then press and hold the #1 button on the driver's door, everything moves to the positions I set for that button. I have tried this many times and all with the same results. Am I doing something wrong? Am I misreading how the system is supposed to work? Can someone out there help me? Right now I have the Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit options turned off. Any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to go to the dealer unless it is absolutely necessary.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Auto Memory Recall - HELP

I ran into this too. The fobs look the same until you do something to differentiate them (I added an extra key to mine to distinguish it from my wife's. You could buy a colored plastic ring to put around one of your keys.) Anyway switch key fobs, you might be using #2 although you've been setting the #1 driver memory position.

It seems that there is only one exit position, the one that's set with the #1 driver button.

Maybe that's it.

I will try that. Thanks. The old fob had the numbers 1 & 2 engraved on them. I do not see any such markings on the fobs for the 2014. Maybe I just missed them. In any case, I was wondering, "How do it know?"

Cool Rod, Thanks for the. I didn't chance key fobs; I just programed everything to button #2 and it works like a charm. I don't understand why the key fobs are not marked like they used to be. In any case, thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.