'14 CTS/'13 ATS HID light output - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, '14 CTS/'13 ATS HID light output in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; don't know because I never looked but you should have no issue just call your dealers parts department and find ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: '14 CTS/'13 ATS HID light output

don't know because I never looked but you should have no issue just call your dealers parts department and find out what bulb your car uses and look for kits that match that bulb.....most likely you'll need a can bus setup which tells the car it still has halogens even thought they're HID so you won't get any error codes

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by evanj21 View Post
    So there is no way I can just purchase the bulb? my goal is just to make it look blue not yellow to match the LED strips on the side, I'm really dissapointed in Cadillac for not including this in a 48k car, not to mention the back up camera also wasn't included either, my friends 2014 honda accord msrp 24k has backup camera standard in the vehicle and this car doesnt.
    Boy, does this ever sound familiar....you bought a Base CTS Cadillac, spent 48k and didn't bother to CHECK what options did or did not come with the car? I'm sorry, but they have web side by side comparisons which tell you about everything a model does or does not come equipped with....let the buyer beware!

i sorta half agree...this is at the heart of a dilemma for cadillac.

on one hand cadillac needs distinct packaging and a need to set things up to encourage upselling on the other hand that need sets up some value disparity where for the money this car should have everything and then some that a lower line brand has even some lower line GM products occasionally have more stuff......but OP should consider that his/her 48k was spend on a much better chassis drivetrain and suspension than ANY!! Honda made so its a matter of how the budget for the car was spent.....i looked at getting that same car but to not have nav hid, lsd, back up camera and on and on...and ultimately the loss of stuff wasn't worth the larger size...and thats a call i'd make every time top of the line smaller car over a stripped bigger car

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

My salesman thinks you will probably see different option mixes for 2015 and some changes to add percieved value (adding some options as standard) but keeping the price the same (or lower). They are really having a hard time moving the CTS sedans. I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and have only seen 1 on the road so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Boy, does this ever sound familiar....you bought a Base CTS Cadillac, spent 48k and didn't bother to CHECK what options did or did not come with the car? I'm sorry, but they have web side by side comparisons which tell you about everything a model does or does not come equipped with....let the buyer beware!
    having said i half agree, i also like the modding spirit, and sometimes picking a package might force some uncool choices on you....for instance in the VW/Audi world modders would pick the lower line car because the 1.8T had a better modding path than the VR6 but you'd lose stuff because of that choice...so bottom line OP want to upgrade, i say more power to him

----------

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    My salesman thinks you will probably see different option mixes for 2015 and some changes to add percieved value (adding some options as standard) but keeping the price the same (or lower). They are really having a hard time moving the CTS sedans. I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and have only seen 1 on the road so far.
    they're starting to gain traction here is SOCAL i think once the driving season hits and the leases are flowing you'll see a nice spike in sales...and i think the base V-Sport will be the belle of the ball at a palatable price bump over the previous gen premium but way more car

evanj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Believe me I did my research, I watched every review and read all the reviews on car websites, I also went to the dealer and checked out the car and test drove it, it was in the afternoon so the lights weren't on, I just thought to myself since the led strips were included the HID would be included as well, never crossed my mind there it would be an ugly yellow halogen bulb in there instead of beautiful blue HID bulb, I just didn't think a 48k car would still have halogen, part of it it's my fault for not doing more research before leasing it, but it's really stupid of Cadillac for doing this.

Cadillac is not stupid, it's just the way it is, and is very common on base cars, the Mercedes equivalent to this car sells for $51k so $5k more than than CTS and still comes with an H7 halogen bulb, you got some other things instead of HID like Brembo brakes, remote start, acoustic laminated glass, Bose premium sound, and real wood, thats a sweet list....and you mention spending $48k so your car came with an optional package, if one of those was the wheel package you got magnetic ride too, if one of those was the leather package then you got ..well you got leather! MB E350 and BMW 528i are $1,500 - $3,000 more and both still come with leatherette, not to mention rare aluminum doors....in expressing your disappointment earlier you mentioned the Accord, but with the exception of the camera you mentioned this car has none of the things i just mentioned, and its a boring FWD car with nowhere near the chassis and suspension sophistication.....bottom line this is a lot of value...i'd take all this over HID any day especially knowing i can add HID in a heartbeat

evanj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Cadillac is not stupid, it's just the way it is, and is very common on base cars, the Mercedes equivalent to this car sells for $51k so $5k more than than CTS and still comes with an H7 halogen bulb, you got some other things instead of HID like Brembo brakes, remote start, acoustic laminated glass, Bose premium sound, and real wood, thats a sweet list....and you mention spending $48k so your car came with an optional package, if one of those was the wheel package you got magnetic ride too, if one of those was the leather package then you got ..well you got leather! MB E350 and BMW 528i are $1,500 - $3,000 more and both still come with leatherette, not to mention rare aluminum doors....in expressing your disappointment earlier you mentioned the Accord, but with the exception of the camera you mentioned this car has none of the things i just mentioned, and its a boring FWD car with nowhere near the chassis and suspension sophistication.....bottom line this is a lot of value...i'd take all this over HID any day especially knowing i can add HID in a heartbeat
    Everything you said is right, that's why I got the Cadillac and didn't get the accord loll, but I'm just saying Cadillac always does this with base models, my last base CTS didn't have bluetooth, almost every new car since 2011 had bluetooth, this is Cadillac not hyundai, oh wait my brother's 2011 hyundai did have bluetooth standard, I mean how much would it cost to include a 1.3 megapixel back up camera standard for a company like Cadillac? everything you said is right believe me I know, but they just have to include the basics, to me, back up camera, HID, are one of the basic things, its 2014 some car companies are including sun/moon roof standard...cmon now.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I wonder if that was me ?

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Saw my second 2014 CTS in silver - Looked nice. So I browsed my dealers inventory which is now displaying fairly large discounts on the 2014 sedans. Still can believe for 65K I cant get some of the oiptions my wife's 40K Ford Edge has. Perhaps the 2015 model will.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.