2010 NAV 'Now Reading...'
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 NAV 'Now Reading...' in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; This afternoon, when I got in my CTS after work, the NAV display showed 'Now Reading...' on it and non ...
    Cougar281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium

2010 NAV 'Now Reading...'

This afternoon, when I got in my CTS after work, the NAV display showed 'Now Reading...' on it and non of the radio related buttons worked. The screen still raised in reverse and it showed the rearview camera, then lowered in drive, the day/night button still functioned, but nothing else. It was fine when I went out for lunch earlier, then it displayed 'Now Reading' on it for my entire trip (about 20 minutes with two restarts), then when I left where I was about 30 minutes later, it was back to functioning. There are no DTCs stored in the radio.

Coming from the IT field, when a device with a hard drive has issues reading, that usually means the hard drive is having issues, but one would think any HDD read issues would result in a DTC in the radio.

Searching for 'Now Reading' on here came up with nothing. Has anyone else seen this happen? If so, what was the issue and resolution?

Edit: Shoot, looks like I accidentally posted in THIRD gen general.... Can someone move this to Second Gen General please, since I can't delete it and re-post there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: 2010 NAV 'Now Reading...'

I've had the same thing happen 1-2 times in my 2009 CTS, as well as an "acquiring signal" (XM) message and complete XM radio silence. Turning the car off for a few minutes and letting everything completely shut down, then restarting the car eliminated the message in both circumstances.

I'm not really sure what caused it to happen in the first place (I didn't do anything different that I can think of), but it's an easy fix. Hopefully it doesn't happen any more frequently!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.