2014 CTS - Stinky A/C Mold Issue?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS - Stinky A/C Mold Issue? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Are there any 2014 CTS owners out there who can confirm this car does not have the stinky AC mold ...
    redbbq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None Yet - About to buy an ATS 3.6 AWD

2014 CTS - Stinky A/C Mold Issue?

Are there any 2014 CTS owners out there who can confirm this car does not have the stinky AC mold issue which is found on the ATS. There is a thread on the ATS forum under Technical Discussions on this issue. Apparently its on the 2013s and 2014s. Edmund's long term ATS has it as well. I fell in love with the ATS and was ready to buy it but this mold issue stopped me in my tracks. I'd consider the CTS if this is not an issue. Anyone have any first hand experience?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ns-please.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: 2014 CTS - Stinky A/C Mold Issue?

I own a 2014 CTS Premium Sedan, and there is no A/C mold issue. In fact the ATS and the new CTS Sedan, shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. The heading of this topic should be changed. It is misleading IMO.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

there is a hidden feature, in CUE that only a tech can turn on it's sort of a turbo timer for the A/C in that it will run the fan and dry the system after you turn off the car. I don't have this issue after nine months of ATS ownership, but then again i live in SOCAL where its warm and dry most of the time (it's going to be 81° today in November )

redbbq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None Yet - About to buy an ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    there is a hidden feature, in CUE that only a tech can turn on it's sort of a turbo timer for the A/C in that it will run the fan and dry the system after you turn off the car. I don't have this issue after nine months of ATS ownership, but then again i live in SOCAL where its warm and dry most of the time (it's going to be 81° today in November )
    Thank you. I live in the pacific northwest so this is a concern for me. Its raining now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.