My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by BEarle The only thing that blows me away is the price, the one I looked at was ...
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    The only thing that blows me away is the price, the one I looked at was $70k. I saw a few online for example a 2.0 luxury for like $54k which isn't that bad and it's fairly loaded. I don't really care for the digital dash and front sensors the premium would have. Isn't the 2.0T a more exciting engine than the 3.6? I would buy the 2.0 and throw the 19s on there or just get the v sport wheels.
    It's funny because you can't tell the difference between any of the models besides the wheels. I would buy the white on red.
    Having driven both cars the V6 sounds a lot better but I don't think it's worth the price difference over the 2.0. The power difference isn't great and the turbo has more torque anyways.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Interesting call from my dealer on Saturday morning... Good morning Mr. XXXXX this is XXXXX Cadillac calling to verify that you received your $1000.00 offer for the 2014 CTS Sedan in the mail... I replied Yes I did. Dealer replies: When would like to come in a take a test drive. I respond: Based on the increase in sticker price I'll take a pass for now. Dealer responds with a frustrated voice. You're not the only person we heard this from. Have a good day.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    No doubt it is an improvement and while I didn't drive it, I have no reason to doubt you.

While I agree the front looks aggressive, I don't share the same praise for the rest of the exterior. I think it looks a bit boring.
    Ditto that! It is so boring the back quarter panel. I like the look of the XTS sedan more then the new CTS. I hated the XTS in photos. Both cars were side by side in the dealer show room and I personally looked at the XTS more.

I may buy one - XTS in a couple of years from now since my cars are in super shape.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Having driven both cars the V6 sounds a lot better but I don't think it's worth the price difference over the 2.0. The power difference isn't great and the turbo has more torque anyways.
    Hey ryannel2003... your having initiated this thread and your critiquing and very strongly approving the 3rd gen 2014 CTS Sedan re-design and going so far as to defend its very significant (read: excessive) price increase, when do you intend to place an order for one? Do you actually plan to purchase a 2014 CTS Sedan, or are you intending to stay with your 9 year old 2004 Deville? Just curious.

BMWBig6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    Interesting call from my dealer on Saturday morning... Good morning Mr. XXXXX this is XXXXX Cadillac calling to verify that you received your $1000.00 offer for the 2014 CTS Sedan in the mail... I replied Yes I did. Dealer replies: When would like to come in a take a test drive. I respond: Based on the increase in sticker price I'll take a pass for now. Dealer responds with a frustrated voice. Your not the only person we heard this from. Have a good day.
    I am sitting on a $1,000 offer too, but if they call me I'm going to be honest and tell them I'm not interested unless they offer a wagon version of the CTS (specifically a CTS-V wagon). I have no interest in the sedan.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild

Ditto that! It is so boring the back quarter panel. I like the look of the XTS sedan more then the new CTS. I hated the XTS in photos. Both cars were side by side in the dealer show room and I personally looked at the XTS more.

I may buy one - XTS in a couple of years from now since my cars are in super shape.
    I'm with you on that one, I like the XTS a lot more. It just looks more premium and in my opinion has a better rear. If they stuck the rear of the XTS on the CTS, the CTS would be the ultimate car. I like how the XTS tail lights come to a point like the fins of the early Cadillacs.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

OK, I think the '14 CTS looks beautiful, front and rear. I drove a turbo 4. It feels faster than my coupe. It certainly handles better. Love the interior, again. I'm getting a beautiful car on lease for $57k MSRP. It's my 4th CTS in a row. My coupe has given me no problems. You guys can bash CTS all you want, but it is a beautiful, incredibly good handling auto. One of the big reasons I always come back to Caddy is the lease terms. A $57k Audi for instance is around $900/month. I've already got a deal in the low $600/month for the CTS. Letting me out of my last lease 6 months early (39 month lease). These are all no money down leases. No one can beat their lease deals with Ally. I think they must be secretly government funded.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04
    OK, I think the '14 CTS looks beautiful, front and rear. I drove a turbo 4. It feels faster than my coupe. It certainly handles better. Love the interior, again. I'm getting a beautiful car on lease for $57k MSRP. It's my 4th CTS in a row. My coupe has given me no problems. You guys can bash CTS all you want, but it is a beautiful, incredibly good handling auto. One of the big reasons I always come back to Caddy is the lease terms. A $57k Audi for instance is around $900/month. I've already got a deal in the low $600/month for the CTS. Letting me out of my last lease 6 months early (39 month lease). These are all no money down leases. No one can beat their lease deals with Ally. I think they must be secretly government funded.
    Well you think it's beautiful and others like me think it's meh..... And I've read enough comments (even outside this forum) stating that the back half of the car doesn't match the front, that it's a more common perception than Cadillac would want you to believe.

In the end it comes down to personal preference, that's why some people drive Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Fords and Kias. The true measure of success and whether the car commands the price Cadillac is asking is whether the car sells and how how close to the MSRP.

I've seen it over on the Acura forums. I jumped ship when pictures of the RLX came out. I along with many thought the car looked boring. There were many who defended it saying it was a well engineered car that was leaps ahead of the previous generation (no arguing that), but in the end you have to get people to WANT the car. People who are plunking $60K-$75K are looking for more than just transportation. They either want the badge to make a statement, they want something that is fun to drive or luxurious, or something that appeals at a more primal level (that's how I felt about my previous coupe and the V). Ideally you would like all of that stuff.

Well despite all the people defending the RLX, Acura is now offering the RLX at deep discounts, in some reported cases up to $10K under MSRP.

The market will dictate whether the cars sell for and how much.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post

Hey ryannel2003... your having initiated this thread and your critiquing and very strongly approving the 3rd gen 2014 CTS Sedan re-design and going so far as to defend its very significant (read: excessive) price increase, when do you intend to place an order for one? Do you actually plan to purchase a 2014 CTS Sedan, or are you intending to stay with your 9 year old 2004 Deville? Just curious.
    I do not plan on ordering a new CTS but more importantly why do you care that I am praising the car? I've driven two of them and I think its best in class. If you can't afford one then please don't buy one but just because I'm keeping my Deville doesnt mean I can't have an opinion on a car.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I own a 2014 Cadillac premium sedan. I had a 2008 Cadillac premium sedan. The second generation CTS is not in the same class as the 2014. In fact the 2014 sedan shouldn't be called a third generation CTS. They should have renamed it. It is one fantastic automobile. The cost, is out of many people's comfort zone. If that is the case, stick with the ATS or maybe an SRX. By all means stay with Cadillac.
    ryannel2003 likes this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    I own a 2014 Cadillac premium sedan. I had a 2008 Cadillac premium sedan. The second generation CTS is not in the same class as the 2014. In fact the 2014 sedan shouldn't be called a third generation CTS. They should have renamed it. It is one fantastic automobile. The cost, is out of many people's comfort zone. If that is the case, stick with the ATS or maybe an SRX. By all means stay with Cadillac.
    Yep, they should have renamed it, calling it CTS has set so many peoples expectation in such a way they they are locked into looking at this car through colored lenses, for some the car moved up too quickly for their comfort, for others cadillacs decision to go more understated with the styling kills it for them, this car really needs a fresh start and be considered on its own merits. one hallmark of the 'Art & Science' design language is in the past it has been shocking at times and uniquely american, they chose a slightly different path to go after people who were never interested in the CTS before. this naturally, will give you the mixed reactions that you're seeing here, some will be delighted, some will be upset. one thing is certain the old CTS had to go, as evidenced by ATS virtually destroying CTS sales. by renaming the car, they could have at least opened some minds, this strategy worked by not naming the XTS a DTS or STS, and also with ATS, concerning the CTS they should have just washed, rinsed, repeat.

another thing i noticed this car is the first car that doesn't have the spoiler CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) the last 3 sedans launches had, instead the CHMSL has a body colored modesty panel that flows with the decklid body lines, my guess is the Spoiler CHMSL was deemed too wild a design feature for this new demographic, but by having the spot already made for it i expect it to return on the CTS-V

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

"as evidenced by ATS virtually destroying CTS sales"

October YTD on the CTS is 26,483 and the ATS is 30,989. Considering the CTS went out of production in may/june of this year I would disagree that the ATS is destroying CTS sales. The volume leader by far is the SRX at 45,879.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    "as evidenced by ATS virtually destroying CTS sales"

October YTD on the CTS is 26,483 and the ATS is 30,989. Considering the CTS went out of production in may/june of this year I would disagree that the ATS is destroying CTS sales. The volume leader by far is the SRX at 45,879.
    Dont forget that the CTS sold 40,809 down 10.9% from 2011's 45,818 by Oct last year compared to the 30,989 by Oct with the ATS this year.

I wouldn't call it anything close to destroying any kind of sales.

I do hope the ATS eventually matches or beats 2nd gen CTS sales numbers in future though.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    "as evidenced by ATS virtually destroying CTS sales" October YTD on the CTS is 26,483 and the ATS is 30,989. Considering the CTS went out of production in may/june of this year I would disagree that the ATS is destroying CTS sales. The volume leader by far is the SRX at 45,879.
    The ATS is brand new model and in 2013 everyone knows new model '14 CTS coming out so of course the numbers will be low. The 2014 CTS will be a huge success and so will ATS. Both great cars that finally surpass anything from Germany and deserve all the accolades they r getting.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Shortly after ATS release GM announced they had to cut back CTS production 40%

Here's another news article

And another

So yes destroy is appropriate when you consider the size of that number and the fact it was a volume leader

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.