My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by RGaret I am not defending their pricing. Far from if, just reiterating what I have read elsewhere. ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret
    I am not defending their pricing. Far from if, just reiterating what I have read elsewhere. No way am I paying $20k more for my next Cadillac. If Google can undercut Apple on their tablet prices, then Cadillac can undercut Germans on their cars. Something has go give.
    I didn't take it that way.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    I am not defending their pricing. Far from if, just reiterating what I have read elsewhere. No way am I paying $20k more for my next Cadillac. If Google can undercut Apple on their tablet prices, then Cadillac can undercut Germans on their cars. Something has go give.
    it's not $20k more expensive

the following prices for RWD cars is interesting

2013 Base CTS = $39,990......2013 Premium CTS = $49,185
    2014 Base CTS = $46,025......2014 Premium CTS = $62,725

compare this to these cars

2014 Base ATS = $33,990........2014 Premium ATS = $46,020
    2010 Base STS = $47,670........2010 Premium STS = $69,610

looking at these numbers it doesn't look like Cadillac is leaving anybody behind, but has made some adjustments and aligned their cars to compete more directly with other makes.

the price jump in CTS was similar to the price jump from gen 1 to gen 2, and i'm sure there was similar complaining, but gen 2 went on to be a hit. i'm sure more that a few CTS owners replaced their cars with ATS, and those looking for more will step up to CTS which is more or less an STS replacement. as long as there is good leasing, the price will be less of an issue.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

For most current CTS owners here it would be more like $54,625 base or $65,425 Premium for the 3.6

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I drove a 2014 cts last weekend and must say it drove very nicely and felt good over all and the seats were very comfortable. However that's where the complements end. The exterior was very under whelming, ugly in fact. The grill had potential but the rear looks like a 1980's interpretation.

I can only imagine what a coupe would look like. More ugly- newer skin.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    For most current CTS owners here it would be more like $54,625 base or $65,425 Premium for the 3.6
    precisely my point this is a similar jump in price compared to the last model changeover and the sky didn't fall

Sales numbers will show in a couple months after all of the 13 CTS's are off of the lots and only 14's remain to make up for all of the sales numbers.

I do not see many down grading from a 2nd gen CTS to an ATS especially for owners that actually use their back seats.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Sales numbers will show in a couple months after all of the 13 CTS's are off of the lots and only 14's remain to make up for all of the sales numbers.

I do not see many down grading from a 2nd gen CTS to an ATS especially for owners that actually use their back seats.
    I'm guessing from your pseudonym and your owning an ats that you may have moved from a CTS to an ATS, I could be wrong I'm just guessing if that is the case kudos to you the ATS is amazing....also the fact cadillac had to dramatically cut back on CTS production because it's sales were cannibalized by ATS is another sign that is happening. I don't see the ATS as a downgrade, one reason is it's a much nicer car than the gen2 CTS and one commonly mentioned issue with gen2 CTS is it's tweener size not quite being the goldilocks cadillac hoped it would be, the way I see it cadillac split gen2 CTS into two cars the smaller ATS and the larger gen3 CTS and now they have the sport sedan market covered from $33k to $70k and two sizes to fit a buyers needs and budget

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

And I quote from above "the price jump in CTS was similar to the price jump from gen 1 to gen 2, and i'm sure there was similar complaining, but gen 2 went on to be a hit. i'm sure more that a few CTS owners replaced their cars with ATS, and those looking for more will step up to CTS which is more or less an STS replacement. as long as there is good leasing, the price will be less of an issue."

2007 CTS 3.6 $32,785.00 Gen 1
    2008 CTS 3.6 $35,975.00 Gen 2

Looks like $3190.00 to me which is roughly Gen 2 to Gen 3 should be not 10-12K.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I don't know why there is so much hand-wringing on this board about prices vs the last gen, etc. This is not an evolutionary product. It's a complete repositioning of the vehicle that's happening during a complete repositioning of the brand. In both cases the direction of line is simple: up. GM has made it very clear it is time to compete with the world's best and witha crop of well-regarded new offerings they feel like they can begin charging for it. Now, they may be getting a touch ahead of themselves by coming within 5% of the Germans' model-equivalent pricing, but this immediately recasts the brand in consumers' heads. Which is exactly what GM wants to have happen. The market will vote with their wallets whether or not this is wise, but with sales up 30% for Jan - Oct, I'd say the gamble is paying off. Escalade will be a huge hit (falling gas prices and a booming real estate market always boost full-size trucks, SUVs, etc). And next spring come the ATS coupe and ATS-v (!!!!!!!), plus ELR and maybe a new mid size crossover to slot between Escalade and SRX. The press loves a comeback, and Cadillac is milking this perfectly. If the perfectly-orchestrated C7 and Impala launches are any indication, GM is looking like they know how to ride the wave of a hit product. Cadillac is surging.

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    I'm guessing from your pseudonym and your owning an ats that you may have moved from a CTS to an ATS, I could be wrong I'm just guessing if that is the case kudos to you the ATS is amazing..I don't see the ATS as a downgrade, one reason is it's a much nicer car than the gen2 CTS
    Yes I went from a CTS to an ATS
    Other than the drivability being better and the looks and size just being different it is not nicer IMO

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    The only people complaining are the ones with 2nd Gen CTS who can't afford or dont like the new style. The CTS just finished 2nd out of 4 in a Car and Driver comparison test... Ahead of the BMW and Merc but behind the Audi. No non V CTS has ever done that well in a comparison test and never have they compared the car to the 5, E, or A6. The pricing is fine. The car is a huge leap forward and some CTS owners will move on and I'm sure Cadillac expects that. Its actually GM's fault for selling a value luxury car for so long and obviously sales on this model will drop but the ATP will go up so that's a good thing. Most of the 2G CTS I see are the 3.0 Luxury models... A cheap looking imitation of a luxury car that had no business competing with the Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Most of the 2G CTS I see are the 3.0 Luxury models... A cheap looking imitation of a luxury car that had no business competing with the Germans.
    It is already the same with the ATS

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

You are absolutely correct. The first and second generation owners were eagerly waiting for the 3rd generation CTS. They were shocked at the price and they are stuck, driving an antique car. Oh well, if you want the latest technology, you have to pay for it. This is in reply to the post saying, the car is priced out of some people comfort zone.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    You are absolutely correct. The first and second generation owners were eagerly waiting for the 3rd generation CTS. They were shocked at the price and they are stuck, driving an antique car. Oh well, if you want the latest technology, you have to pay for it. This is in reply to the post saying, the car is priced out of some people comfort zone.
    I disagree with this argument. When Lexus debuted in the 80’s they charged a lot less than their peers for the same level of luxury and refinement. There's nothing wrong with a good value. If Cadillac increased prices a little bit, no one would care. As far as paying for the latest technology goes, does Apple increase the price on every new iPad? No, they don't. They just make the older one cheaper. Even the new S class Merc is cheaper than the outgoing model and it too is a huge leap forward. Once all of the 13s are gone then we will see how much if a hit they have on their hands.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.