My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by Avery323 YES!!! Agree completely. People still think Cadillac is in the FWD DTS business. Those days are ...
    bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Re: My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Avery323 View Post
    YES!!! Agree completely. People still think Cadillac is in the FWD DTS business. Those days are over. The E-Class/5-Series segment the world over is bought by businessmen and executive types. To succeed within the class defined by its peers, the CTS needs to be serious (even a bit sober), dressy, elegant and grown up. It needs to reek of prestige and exclusiveness. The brand is ascending fast, and no one in this category wants to feel like they have to explain why they bought a Cadillac over a BMW or MB. I love the fact that its pricey. It makes room for Buick to pick up the traditional old school American car luxury customers who used to buy this brand.
    I think they should stop trying to compete and set their own WORLD STANDARDS as they once did for others to follow.
    They once used that as a sales pitch. "STANDARD OF THE WORLD".

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I went to my local dealer to look at a 2014 CTS parked outside. Since they were closed I could only look from the outside. It was a 4 cyl turbo in red and cashmere interior. Nice color combination but at 58K for a 4 cylinder turbo no thanks.. I agree the interior is much improved but the rear seats need more legroom from what I could see. Also the fuel tank "bump" protrudes into the foot well (weird). Why is the hood so long? Maybe shorten the hood and add more interior space. Back-end is a bit conservative but the exhaust outlets are nice. The 17" wheels look too small for the body (same for the ATS). So I went to the Cadillac site and built a 2014 luxury and equipped it roughly the same as my 2010 premium. The outcome 62K or 11K more than my 2010 premium edition.. So lets go the aggressive look and check a performance edition 3.6 with 19" polished wheels bypassing the fancy seats by adding some of the electronic toys. Over 68K or 17K more than my 2010 premium edition! I think I will go out and wash and wax my 2010 and appreciate the value my hard-earned money use to buy at Cadillac.
    bluefleetwood likes this.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    GM is pricing this car against the 5 and E. I went to BMW and configured a 528i (4 cylinder turbo) and it rang up over $75k. Cadillac seems to be in the ballpark with their pricing. The thing is, we are accustomed to paying much less. My 2012 V fully loaded was $74k. The next one, much more. Maybe GM will get aggressive with their discounts.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret
    GM is pricing this car against the 5 and E. I went to BMW and configured a 528i (4 cylinder turbo) and it rang up over $75k. Cadillac seems to be in the ballpark with their pricing. The thing is, we are accustomed to paying much less. My 2012 V fully loaded was $74k. The next one, much more. Maybe GM will get aggressive with their discounts.
    I get that they are moving upmarket and if the cars can pull in that kinda money more power to them. I just felt they are going a bit too conservative with their styling.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63
    Well I made my statement.

I traded in my'12 CTS4 Premium coupe. Instead of buying a new CTS, I opted for CPO '12 CTS-V coupe.

9,800 miles
    Black Diamond
    Recaro seats
    Midnight Sapele wood trim
    Ebony interior with Saffron Suede inserts on the seats and door panels.
    Suede steering wheels and shifter
    Moonroof
    Red Brembo Calipers

Was at the dealer today to pick up a V brochure and sat in a '14 CTS Premium. Reaffirmed my choice even more. Thrilled
    How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I saw one earlier today and I still think it looks great.
    For the price No thanks
    GM & Cadillac still hasn't proven the quality and service is there for me to spend $20K+ more of my money on something in that range.

If I move on from Caddy it certainly will not be towards an Ugly Buick either.

Quote Originally Posted by bearle
    how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
    $53,500 otd.

Dirk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI [Blue - fully loaded]

Went to Caddy Dealership here in So. Cal as they finally go some models in. Been waiting since ~April for something new...but was SADLY disappointed. I have '08 CTS V6 DI fully loaded with everything Caddy had to offer. Have 53K on the car and never had a major repair...unless you consider a headlight replacement. Just getting bored of the car and the frustrating navigation system.

So the salesman spend some time with me showing how easy the new CUE system was. Epic failure. Difficult to save a radio station. Slide interface to get to more favorites was very temperamental. Works sometimes then not others. Un-Intuitive front plate under the CUE system...big silver buttons, but u don't press those, you press above them (really Caddy!) Salesman could not confirm if driver can set Nav while driving (real annoyance on my older caddy). I tried a simple test of entering Walmart into the Nav system...nearest one it found was 24+ miles away, skipping over at least 3 that i know of. (Even Salesman was embarrassed).

For some reason Caddy got rid of the "live record" function of the entertainment system. Also, the model i tested didn't have remote lock/unlock when you walk away from car. (Is that gone too??) Road test was nice, new exhaust sounded throatier and deeper. But as i walked around the car, it lost it's edge. Not as aggressive as Gen2, less angular and now more round. Back look unimpressive. Then i got to the sticker...$15k+ more than my 2008 and with less features. IF i want the heads-up display and lane assist...i'm almost $20K.

Sadly, for the same $63K i started looking at the Audi A6 3.0; a much more refined car. So disappointed as i waited 4+ months to see the new car.

Regarding the CUE system I read somewhere that a major rework is coming for 2015. I think more hard buttons will be offered plus a faster processor. I think Cadillac is still offering the coupe and wagon from the previous generation for 2014 MY tells me that they may be hedging their bet a bit on the 2014 sedan. That said, lets see if the released sales figures going forward for CTS list sedan, coupe and wagon separately. You may see sales of the coupe exceed the sedan. Like Dirk above, if I am even willing to move up to the price point of the 2014 CTS there are many alternatives to choose from with greater perceived presteige. I may finally buy that Mercedes E350 that I almost bought in the fall of 2009 but bought the CTS instead.

Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    Like Dirk above, if I am even willing to move up to the price point of the 2014 CTS there are many alternatives to choose from with greater perceived presteige. I may finally buy that Mercedes E350 that I almost bought in the fall of 2009 but bought the CTS instead.
    That's kinda where I was coming from.

I also believe the Mercedes Benz E350 has a larger cabin and more rear leg room.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

^The Chevy SS has more interior room than the CTS to.

I think Cue and the Hvac controls are perfectly fine I do not understand what is so hard for people to get with it or how people have a hard time figuring it out.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

CUE is so simple. Gently touch the icons. It can't get too much simpler than that. I love it. You set the temperature, the audio and if needed the navigation. The end.

The Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system was a massive leap forward for the American luxury brand. It’s packing a capacitive touchscreen, multi-touch controls and enough processing power to run your favorite first-person shooter. In 3-D. But despite all that high-tech hardware, CUE is laggy and unresponsive. The boffins at Cadillac know it and they’re out to rectify the matter.

Later this year Cadillac will launch an update to the infotainment system that will improve the haptic feedback of both the touchscreen controls and the capacitive “virtual” buttons on the center stack, addressing issues raised by both consumers and critics. It’s something that General Motors’ crosstown rivals at Ford have learned the hard way, and now GM’s luxury division is getting schooled on its own entry into the next-generation connectivity system.

“We’re hearing about our haptics and the desire for quicker responses,” CUE’s design manager Jeff Massimilla told Wired. “And we’re making a modification that will be released sometime later this year.”

The update to CUE will be available for the Cadillac XTS and ATS, and will rectify detection speed and the immediacy of responses, returning a quicker vibration when a driver selects something either on the screen or central control panel.

But unlike similar updates from Ford, the software upgrade will only be handled by Cadillac dealers, and it won’t be an over-the-air update, despite the embedded data connection in CUE-equipped models.

“The Cadillac customer expects the dealership to do the work,” says Massimilla.

Cadillac’s VP of marketing Don Butler says that consumer feedback to CUE has been “overwhelmingly positive,” but “some things, like responsiveness, we continue to work on.”

“We had to take that bold step, and as an innovator and as a leader, that’s always the risk we have to take,” says Butler. “You might move to a place that might be uncomfortable for a lot of users.”

That comfort level is something Cadillac is looking into, with Butler admitting that a hybrid approach – using both touchscreens and traditional knobs and dials – is in the cards for future vehicles.

“Is there supplementation for mechanical controls? Yes, that’s something you’ll be seeing in the future,” says Butler.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post

I get that they are moving upmarket and if the cars can pull in that kinda money more power to them. I just felt they are going a bit too conservative with their styling.
    I am not defending their pricing. Far from if, just reiterating what I have read elsewhere. No way am I paying $20k more for my next Cadillac. If Google can undercut Apple on their tablet prices, then Cadillac can undercut Germans on their cars. Something has go give.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.