My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by ddawson This car is the future. Some people as usual are resisting change. I embrace change. If ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson
    This car is the future. Some people as usual are resisting change.
    I embrace change. If anything I feel like Cadillac played it safe. It also looks like two different teams designed the exterior. One group did the front and ex MB designers did the rest of the car.
    RAB likes this.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: My take on the 2014 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MrZoSo View Post
    This car should not have been named a CTS. Also the back is a 1000 times more refined than the older one. This is an upscale sedan that is going to confuse people as to what happened. Guess the ATS is now the CTS lol...
    It is basically an XTS without the room, and all the price. IMHO, Cadillac dropped the ball, and should have renamed the model, or called it the STS. It's nothing like a CTS, at all. The price will shock those who leased a CTS and want a new one into oblivion.
    I have said this for years as people were going to be confused when this car came out with a higher price tag. It sucks that previous CTS owners were left out in the dark but at the same time I feel this car is more refined, better driving, more stylish and overall a better car than the one it replaced. I seem to recall similar posts about the 2G CTS when it came out as the 1G CTS owners felt the car had gotten too fat and bloated.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I embrace change. If anything I feel like Cadillac played it safe. It also looks like two different teams designed the exterior. One group did the front and ex MB designers did the rest of the car.
    10 global design studio's and 2K+ Designers will do that.

Quality & dealer service will have to improve for GM to ever see that amount of $ from me and I am not seeing that yet.

MrZoSo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

I've driven the new CTS, and XTS, and am considering them both. I currently drive a DTS, and the ONLY thing keeping me from thinking of the CTS is the fact that you can barely get your feet on the ground in the back seat if the front seat is all the way back. The car looks elegant, and I love it, but it's cabin is a tad cramped for me personally.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63
    Your right. I don't care about change. I was very excited to see cars like the CTS V coupe and even cars like the XLR. The SRX is a very attractive crossover also. They were on the right track and all of the sudden they hit us with the ATS and CTS, 2 boring cars. Cadillacs were all about style and pizazz, you can still be cater to the businessman and still have some flash. All businessman are not all buttoned up, me included. I like a little flash if I'm paying $70k for a car, if I want a boring looking car I would buy a Acura and save myself the $30k.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

I agree with the thoughts that the third generation CTS Sedan has styling that needs work. The "lowering effect" of the front end styling is rather bold and attractive, but the side view and rear view is too bland. If I had wanted a Mercedes clone or BMW I would have bought one of those--Cadillacs have always been about the "style and pizazz" as BEarle pointed out--and they should stick to that as the foremost concern when redesigning models.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I'm just not feeling it. Very conservatively styled except for the front fascia and the rear seat area looks and measures smaller. I think Cadillacs biggest mistake is pricing it where they have the 2.0t I looked at today was $53K!

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

I looked at a Premium for $66,000. I didn't drive it, as my salesman was off. The new interior is quite nice. I imagine that it drives better than the XTS, but it seems like the CTS is just as expensive.

My dealer had an ADM of $2,500 over MSRP. This practice makes me mad. A buyer doesn't have to pay it, but I see it as short-sighted greed. I may want a new car, but I don't need ​one.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
    I looked at a Premium for $66,000. I didn't drive it, as my salesman was off. The new interior is quite nice. I imagine that it drives better than the XTS, but it seems like the CTS is just as expensive.
    also
    My dealer had an ADM of $2,500 over MSRP. This practice makes me mad. A buyer doesn't have to pay it, but I see it as short-sighted greed. I may want a new car, but I don't need ​one.
    This is just the opposite of my dealer. He is offering $2,500 off of MSRP. The premium that I ordered, is in transit. I'm also trying to get the $2,600 off that USAA has says, I am due.

----------

This is just the opposite of my dealer. He is offering $2,500 off of MSRP. The premium that I ordered is in transit. I'm also trying to get the $2,600 off that USAA has said I am due.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormond
    I looked at a Premium for $66,000. I didn't drive it, as my salesman was off. The new interior is quite nice. I imagine that it drives better than the XTS, but it seems like the CTS is just as expensive. My dealer had an ADM of $2,500 over MSRP. This practice makes me mad. A buyer doesn't have to pay it, but I see it as short-sighted greed. I may want a new car, but I don't need ​one.
    I view it as gouging and you're right, I don't have to pay it and once prices come down, I probably wouldn't end up buying from that dealership.

MSRP is one thing and if people are desperate enough to be willing to pay for it as opposed to waiting until the prices come down, then so be it, but the markup just feels greedy to me.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Me dealer gave me $3000 off MSRP

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I hate to see that. Sounds like they put it on because it is a new car not a highly sought after car.
    On a 66000 MSRP. There is $2000 in dealer holdback. If they charge $500 over invoice and a @$399 processing fee that is $2899 in profit before financing. That is a pretty good deal for both a buyer and a seller but apparently not enough for your dealer.

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

I drove an XTS V-sport Platinum yesterday. I liked it, but I actually think that the CTS premium has a nicer interior. I didn't drive the CTS.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Seeing the car in person makes a big difference. I really like the interior; very nicely appointed. However, the exterior front end of the car leaves me cold! Do not like the styling at all; it's a poor man's Ceil without the aggressive back end of a Ceil. The Headlights don't match at all with front end grill work; should have keep the thinner headlamp concept of the Ceil. As others have mentioned, a lower stance and a better front and rear end would have made a huge difference.

Would hope the Cadillac's concept Elmiraj actually mimics a real flagship production model down the line. That I truly would get excited over!

Well I made my statement.

I traded in my'12 CTS4 Premium coupe. Instead of buying a new CTS, I opted for CPO '12 CTS-V coupe.

9,800 miles
    Black Diamond
    Recaro seats
    Midnight Sapele wood trim
    Ebony interior with Saffron Suede inserts on the seats and door panels.
    Suede steering wheels and shifter
    Moonroof
    Red Brembo Calipers

Was at the dealer today to pick up a V brochure and sat in a '14 CTS Premium. Reaffirmed my choice even more. Thrilled

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.