Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and.... in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I'm probably not going to go. In the past I would be pretty enthused to see a new model especially ...
    blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and....

I'm probably not going to go. In the past I would be pretty enthused to see a new model especially one I am considering. But, after reviewing the prices, I'm not going out of my way. I generally buy my vehicles pretty loaded but 60K+ and 70K+ for the ones I see is asking too much. Maybe when I'm in for an oil change I might give it a look. My guess is there will be some pretty good incentives come spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    To bad they threw the $50,000 V8, stick shift car idea under the bus. I'm not going to bother looking either.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I was getting my car serviced yesterday and I was shooting the breeze with a few of the salesman I know. All of them don't like the new CTS at all, they said that they don't know what caddy was thinking with the styling. They said it drives unbelievable but the styling is very bland.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and....

I received a generic email invite but I don't want to be any where near a dealership until I need an oil change or warranty repair.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

This isn't a budget car anymore. If you want a luxury car, you're going to have to pay for it. Cadillac is no longer going to be the value luxury brand.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003
    This isn't a budget car anymore. If you want a luxury car, you're going to have to pay for it. Cadillac is no longer going to be the value luxury brand.
    That's true.

The Holden SS has my attention.

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    If this is true then it will be time to look somewhere else.

Just checked out my first '14 CTS. Black Raven 3.6 Luxury w/ Black interior. $58k price. Fantastic inside and out. The exterior looks so much more dynamic than it does in pictures and the rear end is elegant and has a Bentley look to it. Front end is aggressive and downright mean with LED's on. Interior is GM's best ever. Soft touch materials everywhere and not a cheap bit in site. Everything has a high quality look and feel to it. Back seat room is great. I'm 5'10" and with the seat adjusted like I would have it I had plenty of rear seat room without touching the seat back. I didn't have a chance to drive it but I started it up and the 3.6 has a throaty growl to it much like the ATS.

Overall I am very impressed with the new CTS. I think it's going to be a good car for Cadillac and even if it doesn't match the previous cars sales numbers it will bring Cadillac into a higher class along with BMW, Mercedes and Audi. There is no contest between the 2G and 3G cars... it's improved in everyway.

At 58K it must have been fairly stripped in terms of options. I priced a 3.6 AWD premium that came in at just under 69K (carryover powertrain) - Ouch!. I still think the price is too high.

It was a decently optioned 3.6 with 19" Rim and MRC pacakge, Nav with Bose Surround and Ultraview Sunroof. A comparable BMW would be at least $60k so I think its a fantastic value.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    I was getting my car serviced yesterday and I was shooting the breeze with a few of the salesman I know. All of them don't like the new CTS at all, they said that they don't know what caddy was thinking with the styling. They said it drives unbelievable but the styling is very bland.
    Living in southeast Michigan I have seen a bunch of them on the road. I have to agree that the front looks nice, the rear is bland and overall I would say I'm..... Well ... Meh on the overall looks of the car.

I am sure it drives great though.

I was picking up my CTS coupe after scheduled service last night and they had a Black Raven Premium in the showroom. It looks much larger than the previous version.

The MSRP was $70k. It was sitting next o a CTS-V coupe that had an MSRP of $73K.

I know the technology is updated in the new CTS, but if I was going to spend $70K large on a Caddy today, I probably would still go for the V.

I'll bet the next generation CTS V (when it arrives) will be 80K+.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    It was a decently optioned 3.6 with 19" Rim and MRC pacakge, Nav with Bose Surround and Ultraview Sunroof. A comparable BMW would be at least $60k so I think its a fantastic value.
    I live near Chicago and "built" a 3.6 Luxury with AWD, MRC, NAV Bose and it came in at just under 62K not counting shipping... I'd rather go with the BMW 535I with X drive which also has a longer wheelbase 8 speed transmission (in AWD) and more interior room 116 Vs 110.7. The Mercedes E 350 4AMTIC is in the same price range. Also a great vehicle. Im not saying the CTS is a bad vehicle, I just think they (GM) missed the mark in terms of pricing.

Check this link:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-compariso...ratorId=585551

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

Living in southeast Michigan I have seen a bunch of them on the road. I have to agree that the front looks nice, the rear is bland and overall I would say I'm..... Well ... Meh on the overall looks of the car.

I am sure it drives great though.

I was picking up my CTS coupe after scheduled service last night and they had a Black Raven Premium in the showroom. It looks much larger than the previous version.

The MSRP was $70k. It was sitting next o a CTS-V coupe that had an MSRP of $73K.

I know the technology is updated in the new CTS, but if I was going to spend $70K large on a Caddy today, I probably would still go for the V.
    I agree 100% if I'm going to drop $70k rather a cts v coupe/sedan over the new CTS. He'll, I think I would even buy the XTS V sport over the CTS for $70k

----------

Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    I'll bet the next generation CTS V (when it arrives) will be 80K+.

----------

I live near Chicago and "built" a 3.6 Luxury with AWD, MRC, NAV Bose and it came in at just under 62K not counting shipping... I'd rather go with the BMW 535I with X drive which also has a longer wheelbase 8 speed transmission (in AWD) and more interior room 116 Vs 110.7. The Mercedes E 350 4AMTIC is in the same price range. Also a great vehicle. Im not saying the CTS is a bad vehicle, I just think they (GM) missed the mark in terms of pricing.

Check this link:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-compariso...ratorId=585551
    The 535 m sport is a beautiful car. I always been a caddy guy but I think I would buy the Beamer over this. The bmw has the sportiness and the right stance. The CTS is too long and lanky and from the side looks just like the Eclass. To me, the LEDs make the ATS and CTS. You take those away and you have a really bland car.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    . To me, the LEDs make the ATS and CTS. You take those away and you have a really bland car.
    I may have to agree with you on that.

The BMW is a good car but doesn't come close to the handling prowess the new CTS has. Its floaty and the steering has no feel at all. It feels more like a Mercedes than a sports sedan. I like the styling but its more bland than the CTS and the A6.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.