Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and.... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and.... in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by ryannel2003 The BMW is a good car but doesn't come close to the handling prowess the new ...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003
    The BMW is a good car but doesn't come close to the handling prowess the new CTS has. Its floaty and the steering has no feel at all. It feels more like a Mercedes than a sports sedan. I like the styling but its more bland than the CTS and the A6.
    The bmw more bland? Park a white 535 with the m sport package next to a cts v sport and trust me, the cts is a lot more bland. The funny thing is I don't like bmw and always been a caddy buff and even I'm saying the bmw is better looking.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    The 135i and 335i are parties to drive, I had no idea the 535i was such a boat.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: Received an Invite From My Dealer to See the 2014 CTS and....

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    The bmw more bland? Park a white 535 with the m sport package next to a cts v sport and trust me, the cts is a lot more bland. The funny thing is I don't like bmw and always been a caddy buff and even I'm saying the bmw is better looking.
    I have and the BMW is bland. The M Sport is ok but I don't find it particularly interesting to drive or look at. The CTS is the best looking car in it's class and handles a lot better as well.
    stabie likes this.

blankster is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

My client is a large food service company and I work with a lot of professionals in their 30's 40's and 50's who make pretty good livings. A majority of them either own or aspire to own an Audi, BMW (the lot is full of them) or a Mercedes. Cadillac does not come into our automotive conversations. That is the challenge Cadillac will have with the '14 CTS considering its price. Take me for example, in 2010 I started looking at BMW 5s and Mercedes E350s and decided on the CTS because I thought is was a better value (GM had just lowered the price by 3K at the end of 2009). This time around it seems that the price advantage is not there as well as the perceived value and I will make my decision on looks, ride, handling and value should I elect to replace my CTS. Besides the price challenge, I'm not sure the Cadillac dealer "experience" is on par with their European counterparts (yet). Also, it will be interesting to see what changes are made to the 2015 model to counter some of the short-comings like no 8 speed trans being offered on AWD. Are we finally going to see the real intended 8 speed for this car?? Will there be any price adjustments or more added-on standard options to improve "perceived" value? I know there are changes in the works to fix the short-comings of the CUE system, will they be ready for 2015? It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
    RAB likes this.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    This isn't a budget car anymore. If you want a luxury car, you're going to have to pay for it. Cadillac is no longer going to be the value luxury brand.
    Since when was a Cadillac a budget car? It's history has always been a high priced, luxury car. Even the entry ATS, unless you want it stripped, can run you a nice chunk of change. If you want a budget car, you're right.....you should look elsewhere.

Domestic should be a better value than imported.
    RAB likes this.

blankster is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    Domestic should be a better value than imported.
    Agreed! Especially when Cadillac is produced in the USA and BMW, Audi and Mercedes are sourced from high-cost labor markets.

What's more is the Imported treat you so much better when it comes to service, loaners and such.

I'm not debating that, I've owned both and it's fact. Nobody kisses your butt like Infiniti.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Since when was a Cadillac a budget car? It's history has always been a high priced, luxury car. Even the entry ATS, unless you want it stripped, can run you a nice chunk of change. If you want a budget car, you're right.....you should look elsewhere.
    The 2nd Gen CTS was a budget midsized luxury car. You got the space of a 5 Series for the price of the 3 Series. As it turns out it wasn't a great competitor to the 3 because it was too heavy and it didn't have the equipment of the 5 Series. Now you pay more to get less as the Germans have done for years.

Less is more .

And 50 is the new 40.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Price wise you have to compare this new car to its peers (Mercedes E-Class, BMW 5 series, Audi A/S 6), not the previous generation. The new one is a different class of car compared to the last generation. Against the cars that it is made to compete against it is competitively priced.
    ryannel2003 likes this.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    In the past year you could lease a ats for $269 mo, a Cts for $299 mo. And a Srx for $369 mo. Each of those payments are $100 mo. Less than Audi and Mercedes's.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post

In the past year you could lease a ats for $269 mo, a Cts for $299 mo. And a Srx for $369 mo. Each of those payments are $100 mo. Less than Audi and Mercedes's.
    #1 mistake when leasing is focusing on the payment. There is no way to evaluate the deal based solely on that piece of data. You need to know the details. Also, never put a down payment or cap cost reduction into a lease. Most of those low payments call for that and it is a bad move. When I lease I give them my signature and first months payment. That's all.

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

It seems as if the 2014 pricing is trying to sell more of the 2.0T, leaving the higher end models to those who can afford it. I see my Caddy dealers loading up on the 2.0T, as if they feel that is all they can sell, with only a few of the $60k models.

What I don't get is the 3.6 Perf is basicly the same price as a V-Sport.

I think CTS sales will be low mainly based on the price jump. Cadillac now has a gap between the ATS and 2014 CTS.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Wait a year, you will be able to buy a V sport in the mid to low 50s. I just bought my mother a brand XTS with a sticker of $61k for $45k. I'm looking at a cts v coupe right now it's a 2012 with 2k miles and it was $75k and the dealership has it for sale for $49k. So if I were all of you guys, I would wait a year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.