Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fully Loaded White Diamond on cars.com

5K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  ryannel2003 
#1 ·
#7 ·
It's funny how the car show "pics" and the promo pics make it look more sculpted. Looking at it here it looks so boring like the ATS. The ATS was very disappointing to me, the XTS looks better than both cars. I'm going to grab a CTS V coupe next year, I think this the last of the chiseled caddies.

#14 · (Edited)
Motor Trend review of the V-Sport indicates that the price is closing in on the Audi S6 which is a better vehicle. Also that one is 20K over what my loaded 2010 went for.... No thank you.

Quote:
My track-lapping CTS was loaded, with such Premium Collection trappings as a head-up display, reconfigurable instrument cluster, and even a carbon fiber dash bezel accented with a few strands of red carbon fiber. Gorgeous! But at a tick over $71,000, the German car one starts to consider is the Audi S6 quattro, which outperforms the CTS pretty handily (3.9 seconds to 60 mph, 24.8 seconds in the Figure-8 ), and also looks darned sharp doing it.

#17 ·
I feel as if this car most likely will be engineered to be "worth it" for whatever that's worth. Also, like offerings from BMW and Mercedes will price accordingly.

However, I just sat in a $93K-$95K Jaguar XJ - XJL that is being end of the year discounted $20K (new car).

Now at that number - sorry, the CTS doesn't have a chance - even the Jaguar XFRs are being discounted and they are so much more car. In the case of the XJ/XJL - forget about a comparison...that car is larger, faster, and the interior outdoes a Bentley.

I think Cadillac may have looked forward but they were not looking all around. Still a beautiful evolution (overall) of an already great car.

It is just that other options exist, and when certain options are discounted to meet price they become much better options. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

#18 ·
caddyhills said:
I feel as if this car most likely will be engineered to be "worth it" for whatever that's worth. Also, like offerings from BMW and Mercedes will price accordingly.

However, I just sat in a $93K-$95K Jaguar XJ - XJL that is being end of the year discounted $20K (new car).

Now at that number - sorry, the CTS doesn't have a chance - even the Jaguar XFRs are being discounted and they are so much more car. In the case of the XJ/XJL - forget about a comparison...that car is larger, faster, and the interior outdoes a Bentley.

I think Cadillac may have looked forward but they were not looking all around. Still a beautiful evolution (overall) of an already great car.

It is just that other options exist, and when certain options are discounted to meet price they become much better options. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I love the XJs. They have the best interior.

#19 ·
What they seemed to have forgotten about while engineering a car in this price range is a unique engine that can't be found in a Chevy! I think it's absurd to charge this kind of premium to step-up to the 3.6, when except for a few horsepower, it's the same engine that can be found in every GM sedan. At least they used to have the NorthStar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.