Fully Loaded White Diamond on cars.com - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Fully Loaded White Diamond on cars.com in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; $70,000 is nuts....
    calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    $70,000 is nuts.

caddyhills is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Fully Loaded White Diamond on cars.com

I feel as if this car most likely will be engineered to be "worth it" for whatever that's worth. Also, like offerings from BMW and Mercedes will price accordingly.

However, I just sat in a $93K-$95K Jaguar XJ - XJL that is being end of the year discounted $20K (new car).

Now at that number - sorry, the CTS doesn't have a chance - even the Jaguar XFRs are being discounted and they are so much more car. In the case of the XJ/XJL - forget about a comparison...that car is larger, faster, and the interior outdoes a Bentley.

I think Cadillac may have looked forward but they were not looking all around. Still a beautiful evolution (overall) of an already great car.

It is just that other options exist, and when certain options are discounted to meet price they become much better options. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyhills
    I feel as if this car most likely will be engineered to be "worth it" for whatever that's worth. Also, like offerings from BMW and Mercedes will price accordingly.

However, I just sat in a $93K-$95K Jaguar XJ - XJL that is being end of the year discounted $20K (new car).

Now at that number - sorry, the CTS doesn't have a chance - even the Jaguar XFRs are being discounted and they are so much more car. In the case of the XJ/XJL - forget about a comparison...that car is larger, faster, and the interior outdoes a Bentley.

I think Cadillac may have looked forward but they were not looking all around. Still a beautiful evolution (overall) of an already great car.

It is just that other options exist, and when certain options are discounted to meet price they become much better options. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I love the XJs. They have the best interior.

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

What they seemed to have forgotten about while engineering a car in this price range is a unique engine that can't be found in a Chevy! I think it's absurd to charge this kind of premium to step-up to the 3.6, when except for a few horsepower, it's the same engine that can be found in every GM sedan. At least they used to have the NorthStar.

bigwill1323704 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    They don't want Common people to drive the new cts, i thought the xts was suppose to bore expensive

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    Motor Trend review of the V-Sport indicates that the price is closing in on the Audi S6 which is a better vehicle. Also that one is 20K over what my loaded 2010 went for.... No thank you.

Quote:
    My track-lapping CTS was loaded, with such Premium Collection trappings as a head-up display, reconfigurable instrument cluster, and even a carbon fiber dash bezel accented with a few strands of red carbon fiber. Gorgeous! But at a tick over $71,000, the German car one starts to consider is the Audi S6 quattro, which outperforms the CTS pretty handily (3.9 seconds to 60 mph, 24.8 seconds in the Figure-8 ), and also looks darned sharp doing it.
    Yes and that Audi also costs $85k when loaded up with the same equipment as the CTS Vsport. Not to mention the Audi's will have more reliability issues over the course of it's lease period than a comparable CTS would have. Trust me I worked at an Audi dealership and I would never own one based on what I saw.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.