Cadillac configuaror is up!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac configuaror is up! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; .... ---------- Cts*...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac configuaror is up!

----------

Cts*

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    I used it to build my car and it came in exactly what the dealer priced it to me at

Idk guys, almost $67k for a premium 4 cylinder! I mean I would just buy a V sport for that price! I think that there prices are really out of whack here! I mean I love this car but for that price a CTS V sedan/Coupe looks a lot more tempting!

----------

They should only have base,luxury and premium. To me the performance doesn't make any sense, kinda of pointless. The V sport shouldn't be another package it should be a option on the premium. Kinda like when you buy a BMW 535 either u get a regular 535 or get the m sport package. Like Mercedes when you buy the amg sport etc etc.

----------

One last thing, if anyone wants to buy one wait at least 6 months to a year it will nose dive in value. I just saw a XTS platinum that was $60k brand new going for $39k with 6k miles on it.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Re: Cadillac configuaror is up!

I did a quick build of a 3.6 premium AWD - $68,400 plus! - No thank you. Maybe this time a Mercedes E 350 is in my future.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I did a quick build of a 3.6 premium AWD - $68,400 plus! - No thank you.
    So a beamer and the Mercedes would be that same price similarly equipped, if not more.

Personally I don't think that Infiniti is on the same level of luxury but that would probably be the cheaper alternative. That and I think their all Q strategy is going to be a disaster

I would by the next gen CTS. I already have a first and second gen. Why not the 3rd? Haha. But that's a few years away for me

I dont think the price justifies a carryover powertrain for the 3.6 AWD. My 2010 premium has all the options and sticker was 51K. I know the 2014 has more "features" but I have a problem with a larger vehicleoffering similar interior dimensions for the rear legroom (or is the 2014 less). Also for 2014 the transmission (8 speed) is temporary until GM can offer their much delayed 8 speed trans. I live on Chicago's surburban northshore where there is a fair amount of wealth and you see Mercedes, Audi and BMW a plenty and very few Cadillacs. Its all about perception and if that is the market Cadillac wants to target, the 2014 CTS will have its work cut out for it. Also when (not if) you start to see the 2014 CTS being offered by the rental companies that will tell you its not ready for prime time.

I would def pay $60+ for the Vsport no problem with that, yeah I wish it was a V8 but after hearing a lot of positive reviews about the twin turbo V6 it will probably do. I can't justify paying for the 3.6 carry over engine and I really can't see anyone paying $60k or more for a 4 Cylinder! That's ridiculous to me!

The autoblog article shows a Vsport sticker running up to 72K!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/26/2...-configurator/

Jsquared83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I think Cadillac is reaching a little too far here. Super nice car, don't get me wrong, but 50k+ for the same engine in the ATS (which I believe is overpriced as well) and 60k for a mediocre equipped 3.6.. cmon. The XTS is looking like a steal here..

Agreed on the XTS. If I stay in the Cadillac brand (which looks doubtful) the XTS may be the way to go but that may be a bit too large. ATS is too small. CTS is too pricey and opens up other possibilities at that range.

I do like the XTS myself. It doesn't look too great in pictures but in person it's a beauty! And the interior is unbelievable.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I dont think the price justifies a carryover powertrain for the 3.6 AWD. My 2010 premium has all the options and sticker was 51K. I know the 2014 has more "features" but I have a problem with a larger vehicleoffering similar interior dimensions for the rear legroom (or is the 2014 less). Also for 2014 the transmission (8 speed) is temporary until GM can offer their much delayed 8 speed trans. I live on Chicago's surburban northshore where there is a fair amount of wealth and you see Mercedes, Audi and BMW a plenty and very few Cadillacs. Its all about perception and if that is the market Cadillac wants to target, the 2014 CTS will have its work cut out for it. Also when (not if) you start to see the 2014 CTS being offered by the rental companies that will tell you its not ready for prime time.
    I agree with the perception. I grew up and live currently in Sag Harbor, smack dab in between south and east hampton for those unfamiliar. And there is hardly any cadillacs. Escalades were big in 04-10, but pretty much now, whoever had an escalade, has gone to the mercedes gl450. Talking to a few of my neighbors, the reason is really the brand perception to them, they want the "cool" factor. Driving some of my neighbors into town for dinner in my cts, they were very pleased with it and said they liked everything about the car, some features even better than their bmw 5 series, except that it was a cadillac.

So i think that developing the brand is going to be cadillacs biggest challenge. I think that they have been able to get rid of the "grandpas car", but now they need to develop it to the same level as the others. They are no longer the cheaper alternative, for the people who couldnt afford bmw or benz.

Brooks2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I saw where you pick interior colors but how do you determine what inserts you get like the wood grain type or carbon fiber. Are these dealer installed ?? What do you get if nothing is chosen ?? TNX

Totti808 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Did you notice that the V-sport will be available in early 2014. Is there any specific release date??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.