2014 CTS Coupe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS Coupe? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I was looking on the Cadillac site, and is the 2014 CTS coupe, the same model revision as the 2014 ...
    interfx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance

2014 CTS Coupe?

I was looking on the Cadillac site, and is the 2014 CTS coupe, the same model revision as the 2014 CTC Sedan?

http://www.cadillac.com/cts-luxury-coupe.html

The page says 2014, but does not look like the other images of the 2014 Sedan...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Re: 2014 CTS Coupe?

The 2014 CTS Coupe is a carry-over of the generation II CTS body style with minor changes including a few new colors for exteriors and interiors. Only the 2014 CTS Sedan receives the new body style--thus it is the generation III CTS model. (Also, the 2014 CTS V-Series are carry-over of the generation II body styles.)

I'm fine with this, since I'm not quite feeling the 2014 CTS Sedan body style, but I still love the styling of the CTS Coupes!

interfx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance

Thanks, any idea of the update timing on the Coupe, or V series. (ie. early 2015 model).. I like the 2014 styling, but also some of the new interior, dash changes I've seen in photos...

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by interfx View Post
    Thanks, any idea of the update timing on the Coupe, or V series. (ie. early 2015 model).. I like the 2014 styling, but also some of the new interior, dash changes I've seen in photos...
    You've probably got at least a year. Maybe two. Expect to see the ats coupe and V before you see the CTS varients.

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    You've probably got at least a year. Maybe two. Expect to see the ats coupe and V before you see the CTS varients.
    If at all, at first I thought the Elmiraj concept was going to be the new CTS coupe but now it looks like that car is headed way upscale to compete with the S's and 6's. I'm afraid that if we want a coupe it's going to have to be the ATS. If we're lucky Caddy might pull a move like Mercedes did with the E coupe and make the ATS coupe a CTC or something inbetween and call it a CTS coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post

If at all, at first I thought the Elmiraj concept was going to be the new CTS coupe but now it looks like that car is headed way upscale to compete with the S's and 6's. I'm afraid that if we want a coupe it's going to have to be the ATS. If we're lucky Caddy might pull a move like Mercedes did with the E coupe and make the ATS coupe a CTC or something inbetween and call it a CTS coupe
    Remember that the concept means nothing about what kind of car is going to come out. Just that it hints at future styling. When cad introduced the sixteen concept, did a huge sedan come out soon after? No. After the ciel did a droptop come out? No. But the styling of those cars were found in their actual future models. There is already spy shots of the ats coupe and v models out there so that's why I said that.

What did we get from the sixteen concept? The design of their grilles.

From the ciel? The headlights and what not.

What I think from the elmiraj? The new emblem and probably grille. I think they made it a coupe to get peoples reaction to see whether or not there was enough positive feedback on a coupe.

It would be a stupid idea not to come out with a CTS coupe to compete with e class coupe and BMW 6 coupe. Just don't expect anything so soon.

South Shore 2 Door is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Premium Coupe

The CTS Coupe was a stunner as a concept when introduced in '08

Every bit as stunning today as it enters it's 4th year in production as a '14

Nothing else like it on the road - keep it coming just as it is a few more years !

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I agree!

I love my coupe so much! It's to bad they don't offer the manual trans anymore even if it's just for the enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by South Shore 2 Door View Post
    The CTS Coupe was a stunner as a concept when introduced in '08

Every bit as stunning today as it enters it's 4th year in production as a '14

Nothing else like it on the road - keep it coming just as it is a few more years !

dlpuette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AWD Performance Coupe, 2011 Harley ElectraGlide Limited

Amen to the mistake of deleting the Manny Tranny!! It was a real compromise for me to buy an auto tranny car. I've had nothing but manuals for 40 years! But the rest of the car is so compelling, I decided to go for it. Still would kill to have a REAL transmission in it!!!
    EVH5150 likes this.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    The 2014 CTS Coupe is a carry-over of the generation II CTS body style with minor changes including a few new colors for exteriors and interiors. Only the 2014 CTS Sedan receives the new body style--thus it is the generation III CTS model. (Also, the 2014 CTS V-Series are carry-over of the generation II body styles.)

I'm fine with this, since I'm not quite feeling the 2014 CTS Sedan body style, but I still love the styling of the CTS Coupes!
    Although based on the 2nd Gen CTS, the CTS coupe is Gen 1.

Threegpsi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Does anyone know if the suspension changed on the 2014 CTS RWD 3.6 Coupe?

I'm looking into coilovers and I am getting mixed answers.

Thanks
    Ken

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

hey guys (gals),

I test drove the 2014 coupe a couple of nights ago and the one thing i really didn't like was the fact that the key can't be removed from the column! at least that's what the salesman told me. You need to the key fob in your pocket for it to start. ok, somebody tell me the salesman didn't know what he was talking about. i can't believe the engineers & designers would design a car "looking" like the owner left the key in the ignition! hello car thieves! Well, although the attempt may be nil, i don't want to pay for a smashed window because someone thought they had an easy steal.

Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    hey guys (gals),

I test drove the 2014 coupe a couple of nights ago and the one thing i really didn't like was the fact that the key can't be removed from the column! at least that's what the salesman told me. You need to the key fob in your pocket for it to start. ok, somebody tell me the salesman didn't know what he was talking about. i can't believe the engineers & designers would design a car "looking" like the owner left the key in the ignition! hello car thieves! Well, although the attempt may be nil, i don't want to pay for a smashed window because someone thought they had an easy steal.
    Where have you been?

That's been a feature on these cars for years. My 2012 CTS has that. And no issues with people trying to break in

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder
    hey guys (gals), I test drove the 2014 coupe a couple of nights ago and the one thing i really didn't like was the fact that the key can't be removed from the column! at least that's what the salesman told me. You need to the key fob in your pocket for it to start. ok, somebody tell me the salesman didn't know what he was talking about. i can't believe the engineers & designers would design a car "looking" like the owner left the key in the ignition! hello car thieves! Well, although the attempt may be nil, i don't want to pay for a smashed window because someone thought they had an easy steal.
    It's not a key. It's just a switch. My old Acura did the same thing. Similar to push button start on some cars.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

it's trying times here in the Inner city where car thief isn't unusual. Nether the less...I pick my 2014 CTS Coupe RWD W/ performance package up this Wednesday (10/9).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.