Spotted The 2014 Cadillac CTS @ Woodward - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Spotted The 2014 Cadillac CTS @ Woodward in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Another new picture of the new CTS, this time is was a V-Sport Model. You guys can clearly see from ...
    CaddyCTS91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS

Re: Spotted The 2014 Cadillac CTS @ Woodward

Another new picture of the new CTS, this time is was a V-Sport Model. You guys can clearly see from this picture how the sharp lines and angles in the rear have been toned down dramatically.

Enjoy guys, I will keep them coming.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Too bland for my desires . . . thanks for the pics, CaddyCTS91!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/2...t-drive-video/

New Autoblog review of The 2014 Cadillac CTS-Vsport.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyCTS91
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/2...t-drive-video/

New Autoblog review of The 2014 Cadillac CTS-Vsport.
    Nice review and makes me excited about the future, but I stand by what I (and many others) have said. Cadillac nailed it with the front of the car, and mailed it in with the back. Seems like the reviewers feel similarly.

" That large rear overhang still looks a bit lengthy from some angles, and the rear view isn't nearly as powerful as the front, but have a glance of the 2014 CTS next to the 2013 model and, well, the improvement is massive."

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I wouldn't say that it is better looking than the Current V series, but anyways it looks dam good in this article....
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ar+and+Driver)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just fyi.... the platform that the XTS is on (Epsilon II, shared with other GM vehicles) was first brought to market by the 2010 Saab 9-5

so when you say that the XTS is based on a Chevy platform, that's not really correct ... yes they're both on the same platform but a Saab was the first to market on that new platform

and to call it a Saab platform or a Chevy platform or a Buick platform or a Cadillac platform is just not the way to go about describing how these cars are related
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    just fyi.... the platform that the XTS is on (Epsilon II, shared with other GM vehicles) was first brought to market by the 2010 Saab 9-5

so when you say that the XTS is based on a Chevy platform, that's not really correct ... yes they're both on the same platform but a Saab was the first to market on that new platform

and to call it a Saab platform or a Chevy platform or a Buick platform or a Cadillac platform is just not the way to go about describing how these cars are related
    \

Actually, The Opel Insignia/ Buick Regal were the first to use the platform, followed by The Buick LaCrosse and Saab 9-5. The architecture was developed by Opel.

My whole point really was that the Cadillac rides on a FWD platform and I used Chevy because The Cadillac XTS and Chevy Impala were the latest cars to use the Epsilon II platform.

I think if you look at both vehicles, you could see closer resemblance between the two; when compared to the other vehicles that use the platform.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    I wouldn't say that it is better looking than the Current V series, but anyways it looks dam good in this article....
    The front of the car is stunning. The rear is kinda.... Meh.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    That is a very positive review. Nice to see. Who would have thought several years ago that Cadillac would have this kind of resurgence.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyCTS91 View Post
    Actually, The Opel Insignia/ Buick Regal were the first to use the platform, followed by The Buick LaCrosse and Saab 9-5. The architecture was developed by Opel.

My whole point really was that the Cadillac rides on a FWD platform and I used Chevy because The Cadillac XTS and Chevy Impala were the latest cars to use the Epsilon II platform.

I think if you look at both vehicles, you could see closer resemblance between the two; when compared to the other vehicles who use the platform.
    Hmm... interesting ... thanks for the correction
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.