edmunds.com has pricing and options up for 2014 as of 8/8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, edmunds.com has pricing and options up for 2014 as of 8/8 in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/cts/...2#step1#facets I was playing around and noticed they have the pricing broken down. FYI for those interested...
    arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

edmunds.com has pricing and options up for 2014 as of 8/8

http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/cts/...2#step1#facets

I was playing around and noticed they have the pricing broken down. FYI for those interested

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddyhills is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: edmunds.com has pricing and options up for 2014 as of 8/8

$71K for a loaded V Sport?!!!

Does anyone here think a discounted (around $8-$10K) CTS V Coupe or Sedan is a better play at this number?

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I just did a premium 3.6 and it was $66k!!

----------

If it had a v8 then that's a different story but almost 70k for a V6!? Wtf and even worse its in the 50k range for a 4 cylinder!

----------

I want the black on blue that's nice and different
    Tedboss1 likes this.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Have none of you priced a comparably equipped A6, 5 Series, GS, or E-Class? This car is right at the price points for those cars. The days of the cheap CTS are over at Cadillac.
    GooseDaPlaymaker and EnvoyBu like this.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

The days of the cheap CTS are over at Cadillac
    I would not call CTS prices cheap. I would say the prices were reasonable for what you were getting.

Yeah but at least BMW and Mercedes offer a V8 idk about Audi and Lexus I don't think they do. I mean its definitely worth the money, but its just kind of crazy at first seeing a CTS going for that kind of money. I mean I remember the first generation being in the $30ks!

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    Yeah but at least BMW and Mercedes offer a V8 idk about Audi and Lexus I don't think they do. I mean its definitely worth the money, but its just kind of crazy at first seeing a CTS going for that kind of money. I mean I remember the first generation being in the $30ks!
    They offer a v8 for now. Don't be surprised when their v8 in their 550s turn into TT v6s as well. I'm sure the real V will still have a v8 to compete with amg and m5

Yes its a large adjustment especially for those who remember the first generation car starting in the high 20's. Cadillac now faces an uphill battle in selling this car at a higher price when it was always a cheaper alternative.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Yes its a large adjustment especially for those who remember the first generation car starting in the high 20's. Cadillac now faces an uphill battle in selling this car at a higher price when it was always a cheaper alternative.
    May be Cadillac has been listening to many forum members that have said in the past that they will gladly pay more for the CTS.

I never looked at Cadillac being a cheaper alternative. I just always had a thing for Caddys growing up, I used to draw them and collect die cast cadillac models. I like to stand out and be different in the crowd. I'm 27 and most people my age are all Benz and BMW, they are nice cars but everyone and there mother has one. I like to be different than other people, I always respected someone more when they rolled up in a new Cadillac rather than a German car.

I agree and I have been the same way since I was younger but there are those in the automotive world who view Cadillac as the cheaper alternative to the German car brands. The CTS has always been a compromise and now it's a full fledged competitor in the midsize luxury car arena and will now charge the prices to compete.

I priced an 2014 e350 online today and filled it with the same options that my 2012 CTS has. The mb was over 70k while my CTS was 53. I did the same with a 2014 CTS on Edmund's and it looks like a comparable CTS is around 67k. so they are still the cheaper alternative, but until the build option goes live on caddy's website we can't be sure. The only thing I notice is that with awd, caddy has the engine, but not the transmission, but for rwd it looks like caddy wins in both Dept's with the 8 speed vs Mercedes 7.

Who knows. Only time will tell

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

That's 10 years ago and a different century....not quite a fair comparison IMO. Shoot, I'm old enough to remember a new 1967 Caddy for $5000 in the 60's.....I thought when it hit $10,000 for an Eldo Biarritz in 1978 it was outrageous!

pfflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/cts/...2#step1#facets

I was playing around and noticed they have the pricing broken down. FYI for those interested
    I have the dealer price breakdown and ordered mine last week. Be careful when you are configuring. The Kona Brown interior shows an additional $1650, then when you select the 20 way seats/cluster it adds another $1625...this isn't correct. The Kona is only available in the seat/cluster add, there is no double charge. Also, as of right now, the polished 15 spoke wheels are on constraint, as are the 19" polished wheels. You have to take the standard painted 15 spoke, or upgrade to the polished 7 spoke. There is supplier pricing.

Nextone is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium

So what wheel and other options did you order pfflyer? Did your dealer have better pictures of the 7 spoke wheels than what's available on the Cadillac configurator? I'm guessing they're just a larger version of the ATS 7 spoke polished wheels. When do you expect delivery? Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.