2014 CTS Price Challenge - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS Price Challenge in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I quote "1,000 towards the purchase or lease of the all-new 2014 CTS sedan"....
    blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
    I quote "1,000 towards the purchase or lease of the all-new 2014 CTS sedan".

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: 2014 CTS Price Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I quote "1,000 towards the purchase or lease of the all-new 2014 CTS sedan".
    http://www.cadillac.com/current-offe...ts&x-year=2014

dobrenyr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Here's the problem, the 3 series has grown quite a bit so the cts is stillcompeting with that segment and is not price competative

billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS

I got the $1000 rebate offer also. It's for current CTS owners only so it's not shown on the web site.

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the opportunity to drive the all new CTS a week ago as one of the mangers of the Cadillac dealership is my buddy and has one as a personal demo..I drove it for 6 hours and my experience is oh by the way the msrp on his demo was 64,875 more then my XTS lol...To me it did not feel like a 65k car..Although people looked at the CTS mainly because of the day time running lights..They are sick sick sick,,they go half way up the fender and are little dots compared to the XTS led strip they are also very bright, The car is a new design so people will check it out but I did not feel like it was worth that much money, I actually felt like getting back into my meatier smoother XTS..The interior is basically the same as the XTS with the CUE system in place the cup holders have medal on the bottom of them but other then that to me having driven all the models they all are extremely similar with the interior layout..which is nice in my opinion. So if it were up to me and given the choice of owning a 5series or e-class over the CTS the choice is obvious to me sorry that my opinion thats why im afraid for the CTS..You dont feel special in it ..Like if a benz(e-class) or beamer(5series) drove past they still will be laughing at it for 65k we should be clowning on the EUROS Caddy better do something and do something quick!!

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Quote Originally Posted by billeee View Post
    My 2012 3.0 V6 Luxury (without nav) listed for $42,645. If I wanted to get a 2014 V6 luxury with the same options it would be $55,785. Yes it's bigger and has a 3.6 liter engine instead of 3.0. But I would have a hard time justifying paying $13k (31%) more.
    Exactly, like I've said here before my 2011 cts base was $37k. to get a 2014 V6 its $54k. Granted a 3l vs a 3.6l. But for V6 smoothness you need $17k more!!!!!

billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Exactly, like I've said here before my 2011 cts base was $37k. to get a 2014 V6 its $54k. Granted a 3l vs a 3.6l. But for V6 smoothness you need $17k more!!!!!

I think I figured out the pricing philosophy.

I noticed that Cadillac (and some of the German models) are now charging big premiums for six and eight cylinder engines. This pushes people into more fuel efficient cars so that the manufacturers can meet government mandates. To the degree that some people still spring for the larger engines, it increases company profits.

Win win for the manufacturer and our loss. I still can't get my head around a full size luxury sedan with four cylinders.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by billeee
    I think I figured out the pricing philosophy. I noticed that Cadillac (and some of the German models) are now charging big premiums for six and eight cylinder engines. This pushes people into more fuel efficient cars so that the manufacturers can meet government mandates. To the degree that some people still spring for the larger engines, it increases company profits. Win win for the manufacturer and our loss. I still can't get my head around a full size luxury sedan with four cylinders.
    Totally agree with you about the four-cylinder model however I remember back in 1998 I purchased my first BMW 5 series and to go to the eight cylinder engine cost $10,000 more back in 98 ! So I think the luxury brands have been charging super premiums for the big V-8's for quite some time certainly in my experience.

As cool as the TwinTurbo V6 is I can't wait to see the next-generation V-8 for the Cadillac sedans I hope it's truly unique for the Cadillac line especially now that we have truly world-class cars that are better than anything out of Germany and Japan . Cadillacs customers deserve a very unique engine that cannot be found in a Chevrolet or a Buick IMHO and the opinion of the motoring press.

Quote Originally Posted by billeee View Post
    I got the $1000 rebate offer also. It's for current CTS owners only so it's not shown on the web site.
    That is what I figured even before posting my link which means its has nothing to do with lack of demand.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
    We'll lets see how many corvette owners get $1000 offers for the C7. I bet none. They are selling as fast as they come off the line.

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    We'll lets see how many corvette owners get $1000 offers for the C7. I bet none. They are selling as fast as they come off the line.
    Actually as of last month the Chevrolet $1K Voucher did not exclude the C7 like it did with the volt & ZL1
    My b.f's best friend took delivery of a C7 and used that along with a USAA rebate

It wasn't excluded on the one that I used for my ATS either.

Other than that I think it is an Apples to Oranges comparison the Vette is Cult status unlike the CTS.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Actually as of last month the Chevrolet $1K Voucher did not exclude the C7 like it did with the volt & ZL1
    My b.f's best friend took delivery of a C7 and used that along with a USAA rebate

It wasn't excluded on the one that I used for my ATS either.

Other than that I think it is an Apples to Oranges comparison the Vette is Cult status unlike the CTS.
    100% agree, Vette, Wrangler, Harley Davidson these will sell whether they're is good or bad, those buyers won't budge, German sport sedan buyers on the other hand are super fickle, you see these guys/gals bouncing from BMW to Mercedes to Audi and back, again and again often times they care little about the merits of one car vs the other and only on who has the best lease when they're ready to buy, I kinda think Caddy is just trying to wedge into that rotation.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

The proof of Cadillacs pricing model sucks is right here; I had a 2010 SRX coming off lease. I went and test drove the CTS 2014 and lusted after it. When I went to price it configured, the price was at $56k. There is NO WAY i'm paying $56k for a CTS. The reason the previous model years of the CTS and the SRX sold well is because common folk like myself can get into a "Value Luxury" brand. Who gives a rat's ass how much a BMW costs?? I want to buy American and the Caddy styling.

GM had better rethink their pricing policy or they will continue to lose customers like me. What did I end up purchasing??? I purchased my off-lease SRX!!!!

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

I'm willing to bet if we go to the first pages of the gen2 CTS pages we'll see the same topics and conversations playing out

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by algiorda
    The proof of Cadillacs pricing model sucks is right here; I had a 2010 SRX coming off lease. I went and test drove the CTS 2014 and lusted after it. When I went to price it configured, the price was at $56k. There is NO WAY i'm paying $56k for a CTS. The reason the previous model years of the CTS and the SRX sold well is because common folk like myself can get into a "Value Luxury" brand. Who gives a rat's ass how much a BMW costs?? I want to buy American and the Caddy styling. GM had better rethink their pricing policy or they will continue to lose customers like me. What did I end up purchasing??? I purchased my off-lease SRX!!!!
    The CTS moved up marked as the whole Cadillac line is. Just compare to BMW. Lexus MB. They are right there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.