Plum Metallic
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Plum Metallic in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I was on the Cadillac website exploring the new CTS and I know pictures may not tell the whole story ...
    angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Plum Metallic

I was on the Cadillac website exploring the new CTS and I know pictures may not tell the whole story of how a car looks in person, but the Plum color is not at all what I expected and looks, let's just say, not so good. I expected more of a dark black cherry, and this is more of a straight purple. I like purple, but on every car with hints of purple, it has been just that "hints" of purple, with usually a darker color, usually black, heavily mixed in. I even enjoy the classic "Plum crazy" of the Dodge muscle cars of the 70s, but theses photos, at least, do not make want to order Cadillac Plum. It looks like the present Stealth Blue which, again I have not seen in person, but that looks downright bad in photos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Plum Metallic

Pictures (especially) on computers rarely give the full experience of that color, and even in person some colors can change between sunny and cloudy conditions; it would be best, when considering, lets say an abstract color, to get an in-person (live) look (at the dealership).

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I had high hopes for that color being like the other Metallic purples GM offered in the past on the Trans Am's and ect.
    So I planned on ordering an ATS in that color until I saw the actual color swatch at the dealer and quickly changed my mind back to Opulent blue metallic

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Majestic Plum Metallic is a very dark metallic purple in appearance--based upon the color sample I saw at my dealership. As for the Stealth Blue metallic, it was announced, but I have yet to see one in dealer inventory locally or on the web? Has anyone seen a Stealth Blue metallic CTS in-person yet?

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Pictures (especially) on computers rarely give the full experience of that color, and even in person some colors can change between sunny and cloudy conditions; it would be best, when considering, lets say an abstract color, to get an in-person (live) look (at the dealership).
    I agree that you can't go by the pictures on a computer and that in-person view is always advisable. The problem is that with these non-standard colors, dealers are reluctant to order and thus it is hard to see one in-person. The gold 2013 CTS and ATS, for example, do not look good and dealers that have them sit on their lots for months on end.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

For those who want to know what it looks like in person.....here it is....a 2014 ATS in Joliet Illinois....

DSNCB919 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    Thats fly to me throw sum tint on there n an e&g grille n ur pimpin... just make sure ur tags straight police deff gonna look for something wrong at night if u come down like this!!!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3
    For those who want to know what it looks like in person.....here it is....a 2014 ATS in Joliet Illinois....
    WOW! THAT is an AWESOME color! My local dealer has a pretty healthy supply of ATSs, but I've never seen that color.

Some 35% - 20% tint (and the polished rims) would complement it nicely IMHO.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I think it's the right balance...not too light but not too dark

Ok, now that I've seen an actual photo, I retract my original post. It looks good. Would still like to see it in person, but at least the photo changes my opinion from probably not to likely (assuming I was ready to order).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.