Squeaks and Rattles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Squeaks and Rattles in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I am considering a new 2014. I wonder if Cadillac has addressed any previous issues: I often refer to my ...
    bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Squeaks and Rattles

I am considering a new 2014. I wonder if Cadillac has addressed any previous issues:
    I often refer to my 2009 CTS as my UPS Truck.
    The squeaks and rattles from inside and that dam rear package shelf.
    My center console creaks while turning.
    AWD skips and jumps while pulling out of my driveway while turning the wheel.......

I would like to think these issues were considered during redesign.
    Apparently they did not address the lack of legroom in the rear.

Just Hoping

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: Squeaks and Rattles

If it helps, my ATS creaks and squeaks as well. I think it's fixable though.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    If it helps, my ATS creaks and squeaks as well. I think it's fixable though.
    Thank you, yes it does help. Where are you hearing this if you don't mind my asking?
    I've been through hell with Cadillac with nonsense like this and I'll be damned if I going spend a premium for a new one plus a loss on mine to go through this again.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bluefleetwood View Post
    Thank you, yes it does help. Where are you hearing this if you don't mind my asking?
    I've been through hell with Cadillac with nonsense like this and I'll be damned if I going spend a premium for a new one plus a loss on mine to go through this again.
    Strangely, it depends on the time of the day. For example, at night, the headliner rattles, but it doesn't during the day.

I also have a nasty creak in the dash and a rattle near the rear view mirror.

Here is a video of the dash creak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klq7T_f6sq0

Yes I heard the Creak. Had the same thing in my CTS. Perhaps they'll just do to you what they did to me, ADD ABOUT 400 LBS. OF FLOCKING TAPE TO THE WHOLE CAR!
    Headliner...Could it be a Temperature thing? During the day its hotter in the car and things swell?
    This is what would keep my from buying a new one. Cadillac as usual concentrates on Gadgets and Gizmos to get us but little attention is applied on the fit and finish.
    Thanks for your help.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

As I learned the very hard way with my 08 CTS, don't buy a GM car (apparently particularly a Cadillac) in its first year of production, or if you do, be prepared for misery.

ultimate_ed is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    You know I started a thread in the STS forum to see if the higher base price of their Sigma platform vehicles had gotten them a more tightly built car than my CTS, which has developed plenty of creaks and squeaks over the years. While inconclusive, I certainly didn't get a strong vibe that GM put those cars together any better.

Definitely disappointing to see that new GM hasn't been able to figure out how to design a solid car either with the ATS.

My enthusiasm for the new CTS as my next car continues to dim.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Our 2011 STS is squeak and rattle free. I have confidence in GM that the new CTS will be fine.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Maybe I was just lucky but my 2009 CTSV is squeak and rattle free.

Perhaps this may explain why Cadillac is not concentrating on fit and finish.
    Buying a New Caddy?......Far too many reasons for not are piling up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-...b_1462711.html

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    That is a smart business move by GM. They are not making our Cadillacs in China and importing them here. They are just supplying the Chinese market with them. Harley does the same thing by building bikes in India.

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    Idc what brand it is first year models tend to be a bit rough around edges

chrisx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Just caught this thread and don't know if anyone is still on it. I picked up 2.0T ATS Performance 3 months ago. It was really quiet until a few weeks ago. Now I have 2 rattles in the dash (the chrome trim on the left of the CUE console and the instrument cluster), the headliner and the top of the driver door. The rattle next to the CUE and the headliner are pretty loud, even with the music turned up. Given how horrible the roads have become in southern California, the low profile tires are not a good match. I love the handling but driving on the streets here really accentuates the rattles. Hopefully the dealer can resolve them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Just caught this thread and don't know if anyone is still on it. I picked up 2.0T ATS Performance 3 months ago. It was really quiet until a few weeks ago. Now I have 2 rattles in the dash (the chrome trim on the left of the CUE console and the instrument cluster), the headliner and the top of the driver door. The rattle next to the CUE and the headliner are pretty loud, even with the music turned up. Given how horrible the roads have become in southern California, the low profile tires are not a good match. I love the handling but driving on the streets here really accentuates the rattles. Hopefully the dealer can resolve them.
    I feel for you. I truly hope you do not go through what I went, I mean what I AM going through. 4 years and 38,000 miles and my UPS Truck is going in again for the same rattle within my cluster and my Center Console STILL creaking when car goes into a turn or I press my knee against it. I say STILL because there is already about 400 pounds of New Flocking Tape both in the Center Console and that Ridiculous Rear Package Shelf. To add insult to injury, I purchased the extended warranty when I bought this....Bread Truck anticipating problems. Sales manager at the time told me I was covered "BUMPER TO BUMPER" with this plan. Now I've learned that this rattle will not be covered meaning I will have to pay and I will not get a loaner.
    I was considering a new CTS but I can't see myself going through that torture again.
    Its a shame. I know GM has the ability to do it right. Why they don't? Who knows?
    A note to GM, I will give you my "Not Even Tired" Lexus for you to rip apart to see how to do it right.
    A 2005 Lexus Update;
    180,000 Very Hard Aggressive miles. Never in the shop other than routine Maintenance and not a Sound on the inside.
    GM....YOU STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.

mnmjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Glacier Blue Metallic; Lt. Titanium/Ebony

My 2013 is starting to rattle but I can't put my finger on where it is. My son's 2004 STS is quieter and more comfortable than my 2013 CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.