Squeaks and Rattles - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Squeaks and Rattles in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I drove a 2014 3.6 premium yesterday. The fit and finish is 1000 times better than my 08 premium CTS. ...
    Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Re: Squeaks and Rattles

I drove a 2014 3.6 premium yesterday. The fit and finish is 1000 times better than my 08 premium CTS. It was very quiet and refined. BUT that does not mean that it wont develop squeaks and rattles over time. My 08 came out of the gate with squeaks and rattles and they just got more and worse over time.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

My 2009 CTS has been and is still rattle and squeak free with ~58K miles.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

So far, my 2013 Premium ATS is absolutely squeak and rattle free....actually, one of the quietest interiors of all the Cadillacs I've owned. Would imagine the CTS to be even quieter.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

I agree: my '13 ATS is the quietist Cadillac I've ever owned.... rock solid, NO squeaks, rattles, etc. I am a fanatic about such things, believe me!

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

What does squeaks and rattles, have to do with the 2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan? Absolutely nothing. This is a conversation about nothing.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS | 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

My 2011 STS makes plenty of noise. The headliner above the driver seat has a rattle, the gear shifter will sometimes vibrate while idling, and the console makes a creaking noise. It's the newest car I own, but makes more noise than either FWB or the 4Runner. Hopefully, the 2014 CTS has tight fit/finish.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    What does squeaks and rattles, have to do with the 2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan? Absolutely nothing. This is a conversation about nothing.
    If OP's owner experience has been so poor why consider another one? My '10 has been rock solid.

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    Bluefleetwood. I drive 2003 DTS 160k miles no squeaks or rattles n probably blow the doors off your Lexus.. ( your judgment irrelevant )

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

I had both the center console squeak and the rear deck rattle. One trip to the dealer fixed both and it has been cemetery quite for over a year.

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Quote Originally Posted by DSNCB919 View Post
    Bluefleetwood. I drive 2003 DTS 160k miles no squeaks or rattles n probably blow the doors off your Lexus.. ( your judgment irrelevant )
    I love when Cadillac owners allow their ego's to cloud their judgment and take my experiences as insulting to them personally.
    Please describe " blow the doors off your Lexus". Are you suggesting we both park at a Christmas tree and wait for a green light? I didn't know the NASCAR and NHRA crowd drove Cadillac's. Probably with a #3 or a #8 on the rear window.

Keep in mind, my "wonderfully designed" CTS has me at the dealership on a regular basis and absolutely none of which is routine maintenance. This gives me the opportunity to drive many different Cadillac's as loaners. My most recent was a new ATS which not surprisingly had almost "ALL" of the same interior noise and rattle issues as my CTS does. Including the rear package shelf which will not handle any music with any bass whatsoever. Car only had 2300 miles on it. Dashboard sounded like there were marbles inside it. Seat belt restraint area near passenger door made more noise then a Mexican Mariachi Band and that's driving on freshly paved roads. The only one that was was fairly quiet was the 2011 SRX.
    As for your DTS, I have no comment, however the 4 that I drove........
    Perhaps Cadillac is selling all of their "Monday Built" cars to the rent a car companies {For the uneducated among us, that's where we get our loaner cars from. 2 years ago it was Hertz, last year Enterprise, now we're back to Hertz}
    When my "IRRELEVANT" Lexus goes in for routine maintenance, that Lexus dealer gives us "THEIR" own loaners which are new, clean, never smoked in, and because I love to compare, Rattle free {except for one ES, the previous driver left their child's rattle on the floor in the back seat, and surprisingly that didn't make much noise either. Must be that soft Lexus ride I guess}.
    I do think that plastering the dealership name .com on the rear window is tasteless though. It tells the outside world that my car is at the shop.

DDAWSON,
    "What does squeaks and rattles, have to do with the 2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan? Absolutely nothing. This is a conversation about nothing."
    If you've read my original post, I was actually considering a new CTS to get away from my Monday built car. Hoping Cadillac addressed these issues. I was also hoping I can get input from people who own new ones and have the same issues and are not too proud to admit it. I am sorry if I've bruised your ego as well. Forums like these should be to help and inform each other about issues and also to enjoy our vehicles and share good experiences as well as bad. Not to pump each other up with that falsehood that these are the best cars that they can be.

Thank you very much to all those who have given their honest input. It helps people like me who are considering a new one.
    It should also help GM for input as to what they should address when redesigning.
    Where is the GM rep who usually monitors these forums? Are they paying attention and passing this along to R & D?
    I think we all know the answer to that.
    Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.