2008 CTS and customer service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caddy Chris
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS and customer service in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; My one and only experience with Cadillac customer service left me feeling like Cadillac will try their best to make ...
    Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

2008 CTS and customer service

My one and only experience with Cadillac customer service left me feeling like Cadillac will try their best to make you happy. I have the Cadillac CPO on my 2008 CTS premium. Well last week the service parking assistant message kept coming on. So I called my service adviser and told him what was going on. He says okay bring it in next week, we will have the technician look at it and there is a $110 diagnostic fee. I said it is still under warranty. He said the with the CPO they charge the fee and if it is covered under warranty I don't have to pay the fee. Well I was confused at the prospect of having to pay anything at all because the warranty states that it extends the bumper to bumper for 2 years and 100,000 miles. It also specifically details certain things that are not covered. So I called Cadillac customer service to get an to understand what is going on. The lady at customer said well you should not have to pay anything after looking up my account by vin number. So she says I am giong to call your service manager. She calls and then tells me that service manage says that if they find that it is not a warranty repair then I would have to pay. I basically told her okay, but that is not how the warranty was presented to me and it was confusing but I could live with it. Well she was not pleased with how things were so she says she will look into it further. I said no you don't have to do that. She said I will call you back. The next day she calls and says she will have the fee waived and I told her it was okay she didn't need to do that she also got the service manager on the phone and he explained what was going on and that he was really sorry because he hears this complaint at least once a week and he wrote a email to the general manager and asked can they do to keep this from continuing to happen. I am very pleased with Cadillac and customer service they went out of their way to make me happy. Now here is my problem. I am going to buy a new car very soon and I have been looking at an ATS or a 2014 CTS but they both are brand new and I have read about all the problems with the ATS even though I know Cadillac will take care of me I am not sure if I want the head ache of constantly going to the dealer. My wife SRX is 6 months old and no problems maybe I should get an SRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Re: 2008 CTS and customer service

Great. A monoparagh in the wrong forum section.

Paragraph - making a new section to convey a different thought. Didn't we all learn this in like the 3rd grade?

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

It's hard to believe, some of these people are Cadillac owners. What happen to our school system?

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

I wrote this on my iPhone waiting at the airport. I have a Masters Degree in engineering and make in excess of $200,000 a year. Yeah it is hard to believe some of these people are Cadillac owners ddawson. I know for sure that owning a Cadillac will not keep you from being an A$$ hole.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I apologize, it was very wrong of me to make such callus remarks. I hope you will accept my apology. I will remain silent and thought a fool instead of opening my mouth and removing all doubt.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Chris
    I wrote this on my iPhone waiting at the airport. I have a Masters Degree in engineering and make in excess of $200,000 a year. Yeah it is hard to believe some of these people are Cadillac owners ddawson. I know for sure that owning a Cadillac will not keep you from being an A$$ hole.
    If you make that much money and stuff, why did you purchase a pre owned car? Using the money argument is not in your favor in this case

Just fyi, you can make paragraphs on an iphone too. Hit the return key to start a new paragraph. Not too hard. Really.

And, oh, while you're at it, maybe post in the 2008+ forum and not the 2014 forum with the situation on your 08. No doubt your iphone also caused this to happen.

Just shows to go you that some who claim to be smart and make money, sometimes aren't. Easy to make stuff up on the interweb. Harder to walk the walk than talk the talk.

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    If you make that much money and stuff, why did you purchase a pre owned car? Using the money argument is not in your favor in this case
    I learned, far too late in life, that people who make good money, and mange to keep it and grow it, do so by making smart financial decisions. One is not buying a new car and taking a 30 percent whack on depreciation the second you turn the key. The smart buy is a low mileage CPO previous year model, and more rarely, a new previous year model that's been on the lot for a long time and has deep factory to customer and dealer incentives. On my 2012 CPO coupe with 12K on the odo, I took maybe a ten percent hit upon purchase, and that's if I turned around and traded it or sold it to CarMax. If I sold it myself to a private buyer, I'd probably net close to a ten percent profit. I've done it before after keeping the car for a year or so. Works with boats too.

DSNCB919 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    U make $200k? Hey I have a bachelors in mechanical engineering can I work for u?

He makes $200k on the interwebz. In real life, he can't even make a paragraph (or post in the right forum).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.