2014 CTS Coupe - help a woman out!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS Coupe - help a woman out!!! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I am interested in the 2014 coupe and looking for info!! Any special editions? Info on the new paint colors??!? ...
    kalfonse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 CTS Coupe - help a woman out!!!

I am interested in the 2014 coupe and looking for info!! Any special editions? Info on the new paint colors??!? All I've seen is speculations....I want facts!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Re: 2014 CTS Coupe - help a woman out!!!

Kalfonse, there will be a 2014 CTS Coupe that is a continuation of the second generation CTS's--and in my opinion, the CTS Coupes are still the sharpest looking car available! Here is the link to the factory GM Online Ordering Guide--the link there to "New for 2014" should be helpful to you:

http://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/dom...=14162&type=0#

The new colors are Obsession Red (replacing Crystal Red Chromaflair) and Phantom Gray (replacing Thunder Gray--and I have not seen it but I hope it is "between" Thunder Gray and Radiant Silver in shade) and Majestic Plum Metallic (apparently a very dark purple metallic--requiring sunshine to see the purple in the color). There will also be a new interior color, with a few added features, called Twilight Blue Leather (or available on the Touring Coupes with the Recaro seats in Twilight Blue Leather and Alcantara Suede inserts). If you click on the "Color and Trim" under Ordering Info, the combinations available show up on a chart--but the actual link to Order options is not working yet. I would strongly recommend considering the "Touring Coupe" with the Recaro seats--those CTS Coupes are really gorgeous! Let us know what you choose!

Thanks for the info!! I've built some models with those seats but I feel like they are so masculine. What about them is so great that I should consider them. What interior color will be added? I LOVE the saffron interior on the V model but I don't think a V is necessary for me although I know that creates another argument in and of itself.

The Recaro seats are vastly more comfortable and feature the Alcantara suede inserts and overall, they look much better, too! After all, a CTS Coupe is all about looks! The Touring package includes the better seats, the performance suspension and the better looking (and larger) wheels! The new interior color is Twilight Blue (a dark blue leather and/or suede). Check out the previous link and click on "New for 2014" and you will find this information.

Is the blue only available on the blue exterior color package? I checked out link but it wouldn't let me click on anything. I'm going to open it on my laptop

Kalfonse, I cannot open some of the links either . . . but if you go to "Print Book" a pop-up appears and check-off "Color and Trim" and then a table appears with the available combinations. The Twilight Blue interiors are available with several exterior colors, and curiously not with the Opulent Blue exterior color--but there is also a special color called "Stealth Blue" previously announced, and I think its availability was for the late 2013 model year, although I have not seen one anywhere on-line in dealer inventory--perhaps it will also have a limited run for the 2014 model year? I would love to get a Stealth Blue CTS Coupe with the Touring Package and the Twilight Blue Interior, but will Cadillac ever build one like that?

I want to be able to start with a blank sheet of paper and build it exactly like I want!! I know that can't happen. I'm going to check out the link now.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    Kalfonse, I cannot open some of the links either . . . but if you go to "Print Book" a pop-up appears and check-off "Color and Trim" and then a table appears with the available combinations. The Twilight Blue interiors are available with several exterior colors, and curiously not with the Opulent Blue exterior color--but there is also a special color called "Stealth Blue" previously announced, and I think its availability was for the late 2013 model year, although I have not seen one anywhere on-line in dealer inventory--perhaps it will also have a limited run for the 2014 model year? I would love to get a Stealth Blue CTS Coupe with the Touring Package and the Twilight Blue Interior, but will Cadillac ever build one like that?
    I know color is certainly a matter of taste, but let me give my 2 cents on the "Stealth Blue." I happen to love the Opulent Blue and have seen it in person especially on the coupe. I have also seen photos of the special Stealth Blue and I don't think that's a color that should be ordered. The Plum color, on the other hand, I would order sight unseen. The Twilight Blue interior IMO looks cheap, but even if it didn't I don't think it will stand the test of time beyond a year or two. Also, that Stealth Blue exterior is like a flat Lilac/purple/blue combination that, in photos at least, does not look good. All for the Touring package though. I've ordered many vehicles to get exactly what I want so please get what you like and don't listen to bozos like me, but just make sure in this case, you research those colors to make sure it suits your needs.

Here's a link to some of the photos I've seen.
    http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...ts-colors.html

Angelbones, thanks for the link to the photo of a Stealth Blue CTS. Although I have neither seen it in-person, nor have I seen a paint swatch of the Stealth Blue color, all the pictures I've seen show CTS's with those black wheels, and those distort the perception of the color, in my opinion. Black wheels look fine on a black car, but the others are not my taste. I would like to see a CTS Coupe with the factory 19" wheels and the Stealth Blue color, preferably the Touring Package.

I also think the Majestic Plum Metallic color will look sharp when it is available. It all comes down to personal preference. If the Phantom Gray is a shade between Thunder Gray Chromaflair and Radiant Silver, I'll go with that color and a Light Titanium Interior on a CTS Coupe with the Touring package, to trump even a Stealth Blue one!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos
    Angelbones, thanks for the link to the photo of a Stealth Blue CTS. Although I have neither seen it in-person, nor have I seen a paint swatch of the Stealth Blue color, all the pictures I've seen show CTS's with those black wheels, and those distort the perception of the color, in my opinion. Black wheels look fine on a black car, but the others are not my taste. I would like to see a CTS Coupe with the factory 19" wheels and the Stealth Blue color, preferably the Touring Package.

I also think the Majestic Plum Metallic color will look sharp when it is available. It all comes down to personal preference. If the Phantom Gray is a shade between Thunder Gray Chromaflair and Radiant Silver, I'll go with that color and a Light Titanium Interior on a CTS Coupe with the Touring package, to trump even a Stealth Blue one!
    Keep in mind that the FE3 suspension that comes with the 19" wheels is supposed to be pretty firm. You may be OK with it, but I would recommend driving one first on roads you would be driving.

I don't think I would likely purchase a blue car but I am curious about the Plum color. I did speak to a dealership about ordering the car but according to them I can't "mix and match" options on different trim levels - like saffron interior and chrome trim instead of wood. If someone could confirm or deny that for me that would be great.

According to the "link" I provided above, the Saffron and Ebony interior is only available on the V-Series models of CTS's. As for the chrome vs. wood trim, it depends on what equipment level you buy, although wood trim used to be a "separate" option, I'm not certain it can be ordered other than as part of a "package," unless your dealer is willing to change the interior trim for you.

That's all the info I have heard as well. I want to be able to choose items from several packages to build a custom car. It appears that will not be possible.

I saw XTS pricing came out for 2014..... Still nothing on the coupe!!!

WaltA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    The Twilight Blue interiors are available with several exterior colors, and curiously not with the Opulent Blue exterior color ...
    I am curious too. If the two blues look that hideous with each other, I would have thought GM would have tweaked the shade of one or another to get them to coordinate well enough to offer the pairing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.