CTS pricing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS pricing in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Starting at $46,000 for base and $59,000 for V-Sport. To me that's not a bad for this car, I just ...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade

CTS pricing

Starting at $46,000 for base and $59,000 for V-Sport. To me that's not a bad for this car, I just wish they made the V sport in AWD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Re: CTS pricing

In my opinion that is probably not a bad price for the car. However at $46,000 starting point that is $7,000 over the current model. I feel that may be a little too much and some buyers will be lost. I think a $4,000 or $5,000 higher starting price may retain more previous CTS owners. For me I will probably buy a 3.6 premium no matter what. The dealer will cut me a good deal eventually if I wait till next October and buy one off the lot. My current CTS stickered for $51000 so I am okay with paying $56,000 or so for the new one. Maybe going up that much in price will cause them to sell a $hit load of ATS's who knows. As a matter of fact I am still considering a ATS it is just fun to drive.

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

Where did you find these numbers?

ThunderGray34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2007

List Price 2014 CTS
    CTS RWD 1SC 2.0T Standard $45,100.00
    CTS AWD 1SD 2.0T Standard $47,100.00
    CTS RWD 1SE 2.0T Luxury Collection $51,000.00
    CTS AWD 1SF 2.0T Luxury Collection $53,000.00
    CTS RWD 1SN 3.6L Luxury Collection $53,700.00
    CTS AWD 1SP 3.6L Luxury Collection $55,700.00
    CTS RWD 1SG 2.0T Performance Collection $57,400.00
    CTS RWD 2SJ 3.6L TT Vsport $59,070.00
    CTS AWD 1SH 2.0T Performance Collection $59,400.00
    CTS RWD 1SQ 3.6L Performance Collection $60,100.00
    CTS RWD 1SJ 2.0T Premium Collection $61,800.00
    CTS AWD 1SR 3.6L Performance Collection $62,100.00
    CTS AWD 1SK 2.0T Premium Collection $63,800.00
    CTS RWD 1SS 3.6L Premium Collection $64,500.00
    CTS AWD 1ST 3.6L Premium Collection $66,500.00
    CTS RWD 2SK 3.6L TT Vsport Premium $69,070.00

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

My 2010 3.6 AWD listed for 51 or 52K after GM lowered the price several grand because they could not sell them. $66,500.00 for a 2014 version? Are they nuts? For that money I would rather go for the Benz E350 for a few grand more.

Link2877 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Where are you getting these numbers from ThunderGrey? Only the base prices for the standard 2.0 and 3.6TT have been released haven't they? Are these just best guesses or something?

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Considering that the 3.6 AWD is a carryover powertrain from 2013, it must have Corinthian leather to justify those prices.

ThunderGray34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Link2877 View Post
    Where are you getting these numbers from ThunderGrey? Only the base prices for the standard 2.0 and 3.6TT have been released haven't they? Are these just best guesses or something?
    Copied and pasted fom 2014 Model Year Vehicle Price Schedule, Effective With Start of the 2014 Model Year Production (gmpricing.com). No link, sorry.

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed with the price increases, the new CTS is a lot more car than the 2nd Gen. I bought my 09 premium loaded with everything except a spare in Nov of 08, it listed for $52K and they practically gave it to me. Not saying that will happen again but with the ATS positioned to compete with the 3 and C, the price of the new CTS is right where it should be to compete with the 5 and E.

I was at my dealership the other day and noted that the ATS sedan is practically the same dimensions as the 2nd Gen CTS. My next car will be a coupe and if it's not a CTS coupe I may very well consider the new ATS coupe. But I hope there will be a CTS coupe.

For me the back seat of the ATS is a bit cramped. From what I understand the 2014 CTS is 5 inches longer but the interior dimensions are the same or maybe a little less than the current generation which to me is a bit of a disappointment. I would wait 1 model year for an 8 speed trans on the AWD. But at 66.5K for the premium 3.6 AWD is a bit of a turn-off. Maybe after the introduction they will realize the same mistake GM made late 2009. The CTS was too expensive and they lowered the price about 3K. That prompted me to go with the 2010 I have now. I was really tempted to go with the MB E350 but the lowered price of the CTS sealed the deal.

Loveldos is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

The Standard Equipment for the 2014 CTS is now on the GM Online Fleet Order Guide at this link:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...age=7&butID=16

I have not found the 2014 CTS Sedan optional equipment (or inclusions along the steps of models--Base, Performance, Premium and V-Sport) listed anywhere yet. The 3.6L AWD Premium model interests me although it would be nice if it was a few grand less--I'll be curious to see the equipment level and the grades of leather upholstery offered. Also, it should be noted there are apparently two levels of equipment available on V-Sport models--with a $10,000 price difference! Therefore, the "best" V-Sport model is $69,000+ and only available as a RWD configuration. There also has not been any mention of Recaro seats availability.

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

So after looking at the break down of the trim level and the prices I am of the opinion that the new CTS is too expensive. I mean it appears to be more than an XTS so I'm not sure what GM is thinking here. The car did not gro in interior room even though it is 5 inches longer the 3.6 power train is no different than current model, yes it has cue and the digital dash and magnetic ride control does that justify such a huge price hike, sales will tell I guess. For that kind of money I will most certainly be looking at Mercedes too. I have been a loyal Cadillac customer for a while my wife and I both drive Cadillac's and one of the reasons was value for your money. I can afford it but I'm not sure the value is there.
    Lencarguy and Lencarguy like this.

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you 'Print Book' [ creates a .pdf = 114 pages ] from the Model Home,
    there is additional information...

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Chris View Post
    So after looking at the break down of the trim level and the prices I am of the opinion that the new CTS is too expensive. I mean it appears to be more than an XTS so I'm not sure what GM is thinking here. The car did not gro in interior room even though it is 5 inches longer the 3.6 power train is no different than current model, yes it has cue and the digital dash and magnetic ride control does that justify such a huge price hike, sales will tell I guess. For that kind of money I will most certainly be looking at Mercedes too. I have been a loyal Cadillac customer for a while my wife and I both drive Cadillac's and one of the reasons was value for your money. I can afford it but I'm not sure the value is there.
    Good point. Im not sure the value is there also not only in terms of Cadillac resale, perceived value or in the dealer "experience". I have been fortunate to have had a good dealer but many on this forum had to deal with idiots from sales to service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.