CTS pricing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS pricing in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I think Cadillac is going way overboard with this pricing. The base price for the 3.6 premium is an increase ...
    Lencarguy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Re: CTS pricing

I think Cadillac is going way overboard with this pricing. The base price for the 3.6 premium is an increase of $20K+ over the base price of the 2008 CTS 3.6 DI Premium that I had. While I am happy with all of the Caddys I have owned, I'm sure the corporate bean-counters have had their fingers in this new one as usual. People spending this kind of money expect to seen quality, even in hidden areas, and I'm almost positive GM has done some of the usual cheap-outs. I wish them luck, but you need more than a high sticker price to compete with the likes of BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. It is a beautiful car though.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Well today I ordered a 2014 Jeep Wrangler (a toy), so a 2014 CTS is out for now. The higher prices listed above sort of made that decision easier. Also if anyone knows about Jeep Wrangler resale, it's far better than Cadillac. I just sold my 2004 Wrangler that I bought used in 2008 for the same amount that I paid back then and I put 50K miles on it! Who knows maybe by the time the 2015 model comes around I'll just stick with the Jeep and sell my 2010 CTS.
    Lencarguy likes this.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Jeep wrangler unlimited is a fun vehicle! My sister has one and its a blast

Here is some info on the 8 speed transmission supplied by Aisin which is a temporaty fix in the 2014 until GM delivers on its new transmission which was delayed due GMs financial problems:

http://www.sae.org/mags/sve/11942/

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

This is a pretty good deal considering what brands and models Cadillac is up against. The $10k question is what's the difference between the Vsport and Vsport Premium? #Sheesh

Corinthian leather!

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

$70,125 for a fully loaded Premium 3.6 CTS4?? I know it might be competetive with the cars it is up against, but it is going to be shocking for the returning Cadillac customers. Not all CTS customers are going to feel right stepping "down" to an ATS.

rsingl is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD

I have been very happy with my 2008 3.6 RWD premium package and was seriously considering an ATS replacement but decided I would miss the CTS. I followed the ATS forum for awhile and there certainly are a lot of issues showing up with it. None are "terminal" but a lot of them would certainly be annoying; especially the rough idle and stalling reported by numerous owners. At the CTS price point the launch and early QC needs to be better to justify the significant price increase.

The V sport is intriguing and will probably be the replacement for my 08 CTS but at that price I will also be looking closely at the offerings from BMW. I am not real excited about the short term use of the Aisin transmission and I am dubious whether the upgrades referenced in a previous post are sufficient to stand up long term to the 3.6TT and if a lot of torque management is programmed into the PCM to protect the 8 speed. I was planning to be an early adopter of the next gen but I think I am going to watch from the sidelines for awhile.

It would be interesting to know which 8 speed the Corvette C7 development team tested and destroyed after a few test runs.

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I'm seeing a V-Sport loaded as the same price as a '13 V with 140hp more. Doesn't seem right to me. Every time I go in for service I always check out the V's. All seem to be in the 70-72 range. This car better be bad-ass to justify these new prices.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    BMW 5 series and E Class msrp? Yes. Massive rebates and impressive lease deals? Not a chance with the Germans. Regarding the comparisons to the XTS, the 2014 is more sophisticated. Aside from price, it's mostly apples and oranges: on one hand, the 2014 CTS rides on the new Alpha long wheelbase FR platform while the XTS is built on GM's Epsilon II FF platform. This makes for totally different driving dynamics and appearance. Personally, I prefer the balanced, crisp handling and the athletic stance of a long wheelbase RWD vehicle like the 2014 CTS. The next time you see an XTS, just look at how the front window extends into the A pillar and how the front wheels wheels nearly meet the start of the front door. Then compare to the 2014 CTS where there is about a foot of space between the front wheel well and front door plus little front end overhang. To me, that's gorgeous. I hope people understand these fundamental differences when making comparisons at the dealership.

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

Way 2 much for the same v6 engine.
    Lencarguy likes this.

dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

lol I have a feeling Cadillac may be pricing themselves out of their core customers. A 4 cylinder CTS for almost 50k? laughable..
    Lencarguy likes this.

jv91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by dan87951 View Post
    lol I have a feeling Cadillac may be pricing themselves out of their core customers. A 4 cylinder CTS for almost 50k? laughable..
    the bmw 528 is 47....the 4 pot should have been 43-45

the 3.6 should have been 47-51

the vsport is at a good price point, compared to the 550 and the e550.

this is what cadillac should have aimed for

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.