No CTS coupe after all
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, No CTS coupe after all in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Thanks to posters on the 2nd Gen forum, but according to the following two articles there is not going to ...
    angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

No CTS coupe after all

Thanks to posters on the 2nd Gen forum, but according to the following two articles there is not going to be a "new" CTS coupe. The current generation will continue for a year and then be discontinued, along with the wagon (no surprise on that one, even though I rather like the CTS-V wagon).

http://www.motorward.com/2013/04/no-...-cadillac-cts/

http://blog.caranddriver.com/latest-...l-wagons-down/

So, no more speculating on possible CTS renditions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I would not rule it out at all. " According to our sources " is not an official GM position. I would bet money that there will be a new CTS coupe. The car is stunning and with a fresh up based on the new CTS it's only going to get more sales for Cadillac. Which by the way had been off the charts. Nice to see Cadillac doing so well !!!

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: No CTS coupe after all

Sorry, I don't buy it. The CTS Coupe has too much going for it to be ditched for the Third generation. It's a hit withn the buying public, if Cadillac wants to keep pace with the Germans they have to compete in the same categories that they do, at least in US sales and a coupe is an impressive model for the luxury segment. What may occur is a slot coupe, something in between the ATS and CTS similar to the BMW 6

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Sorry, I don't buy it. The CTS Coupe has too much going for it to be ditched for the Third generation. It's a hit withn the buying public, if Cadillac wants to keep pace with the Germans they have to compete in the same categories that they do, at least in US sales and a coupe is an impressive model for the luxury segment. What may occur is a slot coupe, something in between the ATS and CTS similar to the BMW 6
    Seriously doubt a slot coupe like the BMW 6 would happen. GM won't invest into it. BMW can afford to do it because they're popular in Europe and Cadillac, in particular, has a ways to go in Europe. Here in the US, the BMW 6 is one of, if not, the lowest selling luxury coupes out there. A large coupe won't sell here. Now, an ATS coupe, makes sense not only from a GM financial point of view but would make a better "sports coupe" due to its smaller size in relation to the now larger CTS. I'm happy with the current size and would not even consider a bigger coupe. In what would probably be a comparable price of upper 50s for a next gen CTS coupe or probably the closest competition, the E class Merc, unfortunately I think most would go for the Merc. I think GM answered its ability to keep pace with the Germans when it builds an ATS coupe. At best, I think GM will take and see attitude to see how a proposed ATS coupe sells, and for that matter how well the 2014 CTS sedan sells (which I expect to be good for both). Of course, this is all just IMHO.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones

Seriously doubt a slot coupe like the BMW 6 would happen. GM won't invest into it. BMW can afford to do it because they're popular in Europe and Cadillac, in particular, has a ways to go in Europe. Here in the US, the BMW 6 is one of, if not, the lowest selling luxury coupes out there. A large coupe won't sell here. Now, an ATS coupe, makes sense not only from a GM financial point of view but would make a better "sports coupe" due to its smaller size in relation to the now larger CTS. I'm happy with the current size and would not even consider a bigger coupe. In what would probably be a comparable price of upper 50s for a next gen CTS coupe or probably the closest competition, the E class Merc, unfortunately I think most would go for the Merc. I think GM answered its ability to keep pace with the Germans when it builds an ATS coupe. At best, I think GM will take and see attitude to see how a proposed ATS coupe sells, and for that matter how well the 2014 CTS sedan sells (which I expect to be good for both). Of course, this is all just IMHO.
    Ummm, have you seen recent Cadillac sales fiqures ? They are on their way back to where they came and GM will have no issue green lighting a needed car in the soon to be #1 luxury car brand.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I have to agree with the comments that a 4th gen CTS coupe is needed. If the present coupe was slightly larger I would be an owner. Give me awd twin turbo with a larger trunk and I am in. You can even call it an Eldorado

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I have to agree with the comments that a 4th gen CTS coupe is needed. If the present coupe was slightly larger I would be an owner. Give me awd twin turbo with a larger trunk and I am in. You can even call it an Eldorado
    That . . . the CTS Coupe is the "best-seller" in its segment! Cadillac would be foolish to abandon it--although I think it may be coming as more than a generation III CTS Coupe (i.e. two-door version of the Generation III CTS Sedan), perhaps a different model designation and different styling?

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

OOps I counted the Catera as Gen 1

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I don't think there will be a CTS coupe. There will be a ATS coupe and convertible to rival the 3 series. The CTS will go against the BMW 5 series. I bet by 2016 there will be another Cadillac coupe, but that will be a different name and be more upscale to rival the 6 series.

----------

Yet then again, they could follow the E class line also and do sedan coupe and convertible

Ok, I think we can all agree what GM SHOULD do. They SHOULD build a new CTS coupe and wagon. They SHOULD also build an ATS coupe. They SHOULD make the ELR price competitive. They SHOULD make the V-series with an AWD option. I would applaud Cadillac or any GM division to do this and go against it's German competition, but the bean counters aren't going to let all these things happen. The current gen CTS coupe wasn't supposed to be successful but happily it is. This fact alone makes me hopeful that they will continue to take "chances" and think of something outside the box. So, I'm not ruling out any of the above possibilities, but history and financial realities make me a little skeptical.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    I don't think there will be a CTS coupe. There will be a ATS coupe and convertible to rival the 3 series. The CTS will go against the BMW 5 series. I bet by 2016 there will be another Cadillac coupe, but that will be a different name and be more upscale to rival the 6 series.

----------

Yet then again, they could follow the E class line also and do sedan coupe and convertible
    Absolutely agree....GM still has to be very careful in taking chances on it's models anymore. I think they'll try out the ATS Coupe and maybe a ATS Convertible out first before any thought to extending it to the CTS. The new CTS design already has a love/hate relationship with some potential owners .....they'll definitely wait to see how it sells first before even considering any additional moves with it.

Did anyone happen to see the Buick Riviera concept at the Shanghai Motor Show? Suddenly I'm not so concerned about a CTS Coupe. Actually I still want to replace my 09 CTS sedan with a new CTS coupe but seeing the Riv brought back memories of my Dad's 63. 66 and 69 Rivieras. They were truly classy cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Did anyone happen to see the Buick Riviera concept at the Shanghai Motor Show? Suddenly I'm not so concerned about a CTS Coupe. Actually I still want to replace my 09 CTS sedan with a new CTS coupe but seeing the Riv brought back memories of my Dad's 63. 66 and 69 Rivieras. They were truly classy cars.
    I like the old Rivieras as well. Nice features like hidden headlights, but I've always been partial to the '71-'73 boat-tail design, even though it was a landyacht (pun intended). Just saw the photos. Awesome concept, and I know Buick is big in China, but I just hope that most elements of a concept come through in a production model.

Did anyone see the rendering of the ATS coupe over on GMI. IMO the car is beautiful, a little conservative but beautiful non the less. My question to anyone, given the fact that the CTS is moving upscale in both status and size, are the dimensions of the ATS similar to the present CTS? In comparing wheelbase and overall length, the wheelbase is about 4 inches shorter but the overall length is the same.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by jpenn
    IMO the Riviera concept was the one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen in my life. It looks like a fantastic idea that had been ruined in execution and its far too bubbly and looks like an Eco-box

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.