Allwheel drive V ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Allwheel drive V ? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Should Cadillac offer the third generation CTS-V with an allwheel drive option ?...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

Allwheel drive V ?

Should Cadillac offer the third generation CTS-V with an allwheel drive option ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I really wish they would, when I bought my Escalade I remember there being a V on the show room floor and I wanted it bad but couldn't with the New England weather.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Re: Allwheel drive V ?

Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi View Post
    Should Cadillac offer the third generation CTS-V with an allwheel drive option ?
    AWD CTSV would be an ultimate car for me.
    Living in Montreal I could use it 12 month a year instead of for 6 month as I do now with my 2009 V.
    Also have look at this thread.:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...pointment.html

With the V sport being only rear wheel drive I doubt they will make the actual V AWD.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You don't need AWD in the winter, you need winter tires. AWD is useful mostly for starting out in the snow.

I have been driving RWD Vs in the winter, all winter, all conditions, even the worst snowstorms for four years now. If you live in civilization, where the roads are plowed within minutes/hours, you are in good shape.

RWD + summer tires in winter=death from sliding off the road
    RWD + winter tires in winter=fun in dry weather, you get where you're going in snowy/icy weather, Stabilitrak and traction control FTW
    AWD + all seasons<RWD + winter tires....winter tire traction is always better than all seasons, with shorter stopping distances and more consistent handling in the cold
    AWD + winter tires=unstoppable in any conditions, but almost no one does this.

That said, an AWD V would be a BEAST on the track due to traction on all four tire patches rather than just having to depend on two.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I agree with BEarle, when I bought my first Escalade I really wanted the V but I did not want to deal with this car in Michigan winters. I had a rwd STS that still was not very good with Blizzaks

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

AWD V is every Cadillac fans dream.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Yes that exact what is holding me back from buying a CTS V Sport model. 2014 Mercedes E63 and Audi S6 and Porsche Panamera and Bentleys Continental are all AWDs. Not sure if the people in charge of the decision making still think it would not sell but people in the northern climates know better - it will sell fine if they make it. It may even out sell the RWD V!

They wouldn't make a AWD V, because they are trying too much to match BMW/ M cars. BMW already announced that they won't make the M4/M5 in AWD so I think Caddy will following suit. Like I said Caddy wants to complete more with BMW than Audi and Benz

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Just to let you guys know up here in Montreal we have a law that requires cars have to have snow tires (not just all season tires) installed between December 15 to March 15. If you drive without winter tires there are fines range from $200 to $300.

http://www.mtq.gouv.qc.ca/portal/pag...on_pneus_hiver

With winter tires my V is drivable but when there is snow on the streets I use my SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    They wouldn't make a AWD V, because they are trying too much to match BMW/ M cars. BMW already announced that they won't make the M4/M5 in AWD so I think Caddy will following suit. Like I said Caddy wants to complete more with BMW than Audi and Benz
    But what about the V-Sport version with the Twin-Turbo V-6, 8-Speed Automatic? I can see them not doing it in the regular V; but this is a step down from that!
    Tedboss1 and Tedboss1 like this.

ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

Doesn't seem like GM has an AWD drivetrain that could the torque. At least not yet, but here's hoping!! I wanted a V but went with a regular CTS because I needed (wanted) AWD. If they come up with an AWD CTS (or even ATS) with loads of power i'll be in line with the rest of you!
    Last winter was so wimpy I was sorta regretting not getting a V but I'm real happy I had AWD after the winter we just had. I'm on my second AWD CTS and the way it handles bad weather still blows me away. My 1st gen RWD CTS with snow tires was like a toboggan in the snow compared to my AWD CTS' even with all-season tires. Yes, there's lots of other factors at play but the AWD definitely makes a huge difference.

Cadillac should at least do an AWD option on the V-Sport model. That the one that has the "new" Cadillac twin-turbo 3.6-liter 420-V6. But nobody knows about either the V-Sport nor the V after chatting with Cadillac customer support. It too new.

Other forums say that if the new E63 Mercedes does well in it sales; BMW will be forced to rob from their more upscale division Bentley to make an AWD M5, M7, M8. So If Cadillac does not introduce it this year; it will be some time maybe 3 year or longer if every they have an AWD in a "V" if it was not planned for. GM does not like to get a licensed to build stuff; they want to do the R&D themselves.

Cadillac should at least do an AWD option on the V-Sport model. That the one that has the "new" Cadillac twin-turbo 3.6-liter 420-V6. But nobody knows about either the V-Sport nor the V after chatting with Cadillac customer support. It too new.

Other forums say that if the new E63 Mercedes does well in it sales; BMW will be forced to rob from their more upscale division Bentley to make an AWD M5, M7, M8. So If Cadillac does not introduce it this year; it will be some time maybe 3 year or longer if every they have an AWD in a "V" if it was not planned for. GM does not like to get a licensed to build stuff; they want to do the R&D themselves.
    rodster111 and rodster111 like this.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    For Colorado AWD is a must. If you just use it for co muting you might miss a few days of work, (I almost fired an employee when she used that excuse, after trading an Exploder on a 2wd Milan) However if you ski or travel in the winter, the roads can often be impassable regardless of tires unless you have AWD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.