Disapointment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Disapointment in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; So saw the reveal last night. I loved the idea of the twin turbo V6, fuel mileage meets power. I ...
    skymynx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Disapointment

So saw the reveal last night. I loved the idea of the twin turbo V6, fuel mileage meets power. I orginally looked at the SHO before purchasing my CTS and liked the idea of the power and AWD options but it came down to styling for the wife. No questions asked the CTS looked better. My biggest complaint about my current 2008 3.6 DI CTS is it just doesn't have enough power for my liking. Now that I find out (if I read up more on here would have seen it sooner) the twin turbo motor won't be available in AWD I guess it has sealed the deal on giving up on domestic cars. I'm in New England where we see a decent amount of snow and having AWD is real nice thing to have during those months. I think Cadillac is missing out on a big opportunity here in the northern states by only offering it in RWD. Oh well, at least now I know I don't need to waste my time waiting for the model to hit the showroom floor before ordering.
    Harry_Wild and Harry_Wild like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Re: Disapointment

I agree with the above post.
    I'm from Montreal and here AWD is a must in the winter.

mcerino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe,XLR, Escalade, CTS Coupe AWD

Totally agree, no AWD on a non V version. Live in CT, wife won't even consider a non AWD car.

Plus if I wanted a car that looks like a mercedes I would just buy a mercedes. Why have a "similar" front grill (if you swap emblems it could pass for a benz) and every professional review talks about the back as being similiar to the S class.

Plus haven't seen any "announcement" regarding coupe version, big mistake if cadillac goes back to only having sedans and suvs

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I disagree with all of the above posts. I think the design is beautiful. I will be one of the first to upgrade. Thanks GM.
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Jaguar is the same. AWD is only available with a new blown V6. If you want a V8 it's RWD only.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

They won't make money with the performance engine in the AWD car. The vast majority of the people who want the AWD use it as a daily driver and don't want the big engine, in fact most of the moms driving them will be frightened by either the 2.0T or the 3.6.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We bought our AWD Coupe as it is one, if not the cheapest, AWD performance coupes on the market. My wife wanted an auto so the compromise is we went with the coupe. I can't imagine anyone being scared by more power. I like the V and would have considered it if it was an AWD. (My wife really wanted the V coupe on the showroom floor, but I was the hold out for AWD). We don't have kids, we don't need a hatch or sedan like a WRX or Evo. I would have considered a 2 door GTI if they had AWD but only the GOlf R is, and it cost more than the low mile Caddy and is only manual. The cool thing is there are superchargers and turbos available for the 3.6 DI unlike my big block chevy so if we decide to keep it, it's cheap and easy to upgrade.

I would like to see an ATS-V Coupe in AWD with both an auto and a manual available. Although a DSG style transmission might be an ok compromise.

Jazfreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon

I too was disappointed. It's interesting to keep hearing that Cadillac is taking on the German luxury brands, but cop out on a AWD performance model. I hope GM rethinks that move. Some of us are converts who fell in love with the CTS because it offered a nice balance of AWD performance and we all wanted more power. Please don't abandon us.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    They won't make money with the performance engine in the AWD car. The vast majority of the people who want the AWD use it as a daily driver and don't want the big engine, in fact most of the moms driving them will be frightened by either the 2.0T or the 3.6.
    Oh! One more thing the automakers that Caddy is gunning for with the new CTS make such cars as the 550 xdrive, S6 and E550 4matic. All have AWD and turbo V8s. These are not the high performance niche cars, they sell and I've seen plenty of moms driving them.

Kooly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS

Love the front end, hate the back end.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Here is another AWD sedan (CLA45 AMG) on the market priced from $48K.

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-merce...#axzz2Oq2Y9rtx

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That Merc is sharp looking but 45 seems like a misnomer, 355 hp 2.0L. I suspect an ATS4 3.6 would be a better performer, especially considering the CLA is a front drive chassis.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Just returned from NY Auto show abd spent considerable time taking in the new CTS. First , I understand some of the posts about the rear end looking out of place on the CTS. Having owned a CTS (04) and now an STS I understand where the eyes are going. The older CTS have that short trunk, taller tai lights provide a totally different look. At first I did not like it. However, as the car spun around and I took it in I noticed that it started to all come together and make sense. This is a bigger CTS fir sure and it's noticeable From looking at the back straight on ( pic below) I thought very good looking.

Fair to say that the XTS had sex with a 2011 CTS and produced this new baby. Overall very sharpe and like the original CTS , looks like nothing on the road !!

image-3379263214.jpg.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Now it looks like a Toyota Avalon in the back.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

Per Auto Week I just received the 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD will only be available with a 6 speed transmission. If this is true then the 2014 may be DOA for me. How do they expect to compete with BMW and Mercedes when they offer more advanced powertrains? Also, Corvette was suppose to debut with an 8 speed auto. I also read that the 8 speed being offered is for 2014 only and is supplied by Aisin. I would hate to buy either only to have an 8 speed (from GM?) available next year.

skymynx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is no different then previous models. The regular 3.6 AWD can come in a stick. If the manual transmission is holding you up I'd save the money and buy the previous generation used. Unless you are stuck on getting the latest looks wise the regular 3.6 motor is nothing to write home about. I do some custom tuning and you are able to get more power out of the little 2.0T motor found in the ATS then you can get out of the 3.6 DI motors. I give GM credit for at least coming up with some option inbetween the CTS and the CTS-V with this new turbo'd 3.6 motor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.