OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; OK, as many of you know by now the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... While the ...
    pologuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Looking at CTS Premium

OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?!

OK, as many of you know by now the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now...

While the front is stunningly beautiful - the rear looks like they can't figure out if they want this car to appeal to a "younger" or "older" demographic.

The rear is just plainly a huge step backward (except for the now molded in exhaust tips - which was way past due) from the old (pre-2014) CTS version.

It seems as though they got the new CTS and new XTS mixed up...

If the CTS had the rear of the XTS; and the XTS had the CTS rear - both cars would look more appropriate.

The CTS is a sport sedan - the XTS is a luxury sedan.

Wow, who designs these cars..?

What a huge mismatch!

The front of this CTS is beautiful, as is the rear of the XTS...

Anyone know a good chop-shop? LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?!

We appreciate your honest feedback, pologuy. I'm going to document it where the appropriate GM teams can see, and please let us know if you do have any questions you'd like Customer Service to research!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Harry_Wild and Harry_Wild like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

interesting ... i've heard many people say similar things (front is great, rear sux) but you're one of the first who says that they like the integrated exhaust tips in the bumper ... most usually don't like that
    Harry_Wild and Harry_Wild like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I shall repeat myself; the front and rear of this new CTS look like they were designed on two different continents that were at war with each other. It's like two different cars.
    RAB, RAB, Harry_Wild and 1 others like this.

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

The new CTS looks good, maybe I'll trade my new Kizashi for one?
    ( Yes I'm still lurking around here).

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    I shall repeat myself; the front and rear of this new CTS look like they were designed on two different continents that were at war with each other. It's like two different cars.
    The front end looks like an enlarged ATS grill, coupled with a Ceil lower facia....the back end part XTS in the bumper and an combo ATS/XTS shorten trunk...XTS type interior (layout) with its own unique leather options and console design...we'll see how the public responds this fall....

pologuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Looking at CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Kind of like a one-line condensed version of my post...

And yes, I totally agree.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    We appreciate your honest feedback, pologuy. I'm going to document it where the appropriate GM teams can see, and please let us know if you do have any questions you'd like Customer Service to research!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Please let GM management know that we need TT 3.6 with all wheel drive.
    Competition Mercedes and Audi have AWD cars for reasonable price.

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-merce...#axzz2Oq2Y9rtx
    rodster111 and rodster111 like this.

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    Please let GM management know that we need TT 3.6 with all wheel drive.
    Competition Mercedes and Audi have AWD cars for reasonable price.

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-merce...#axzz2Oq2Y9rtx
    The CTS is not in the same class as the CLA45 AMG. Not really sure what you are trying to get at.

papanots is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I was anxiously awaiting the 2014 CTS reveal. Put it this way; when the previous generation was revealed, I immediately loved every aspect of every angle in pictures. The 2014 looks to take a step forward....as in forward in age demographic. The front is gorgeous. The interior as well....the back looks like an old man's Mercedes. I was waiting for the new model to upgrade from mine...now, I am torn. I will wait to see the new car in person before deciding, but it doesn't look promising. GM hit a homerun with the Corvette Stingray. They seem to have hit a single with the new CTS....batter reached first on an error. This is quite disappointing....
    angelbones and angelbones like this.

ultimate_ed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    I don't know what you guys are smoking.

Maybe being 40 now I just fall into the old man category, but I think the new CTS is gorgeous all around. I fell in love with the 08 CTS and have owned my 09 sedan since they showed up in late 2008.

I really don't get all the hate for the rear end, especially compared to the 2nd generation. Aside from the tail lights, the back of the 2nd generation is pretty nondescript. This new one has a lot more character and I don't see it being confused for the more generic looking rear ends that Lexus, Mercedes, etc are offering.

I am disappointed that with the bigger size that cabin space isn't better. However, aesthetically, I think it is a home run over my current CTS.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_ed
    I don't know what you guys are smoking.

Maybe being 40 now I just fall into the old man category, but I think the new CTS is gorgeous all around. I fell in love with the 08 CTS and have owned my 09 sedan since they showed up in late 2008.

I really don't get all the hate for the rear end, especially compared to the 2nd generation. Aside from the tail lights, the back of the 2nd generation is pretty nondescript. This new one has a lot more character and I don't see it being confused for the more generic looking rear ends that Lexus, Mercedes, etc are offering.

I am disappointed that with the bigger size that cabin space isn't better. However, aesthetically, I think it is a home run over my current CTS.
    No at 40 your a kid in the auto industry demo targets. I'm still in my 40s and as much as I loved the new CTS the rear end was given too conservative of a treatment. Still a smoking hot beautiful car that looks totally unique. But just a toned down rear end vs current CTS.

A great analogy is the new CTS is like seeing Jennifer Lopez in a pair of loose fitting " mom jeans" wearing flat shoes vs seeing Jennifer in super tight designer jeans and high heels !! Big difference right. Well, like Jennifer the new CTS is beautiful it's just wearing " mom jeans"...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    A great analogy is the new CTS is like seeing Jennifer Lopez in a pair of loose fitting " mom jeans" wearing flat shoes vs seeing Jennifer in super tight designer jeans and high heels !! Big difference right. Well, like Jennifer the new CTS is beautiful it's just wearing " mom jeans"...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I should say I don't think the CTS is an unattractive car. Overall, the shape is okay. The silhouette is just dated, while creases all over the place make the car look oversculpted. And the front and rear faces just don't jibe.
    I understand they had to go more extreme with the CTS to set it apart from the ATS (which, btw, I think is one of the best looking sedans ever) They just took it too far in some ways, and not far enough in others. It's like they tried to half-copy the German sedans (which, another btw, I think are pretty hideous these days)

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    I should say I don't think the CTS is an unattractive car. Overall, the shape is okay. The silhouette is just dated, while creases all over the place make the car look oversculpted. And the front and rear faces just don't jibe.
    I understand they had to go more extreme with the CTS to set it apart from the ATS (which, btw, I think is one of the best looking sedans ever) They just took it too far in some ways, and not far enough in others. It's like they tried to half-copy the German sedans (which, another btw, I think are pretty hideous these days)
    Agree. It's a great looking car. IMHO ( yeah man just my Lobowsky opinion ) had they tightened up the rear and gave us cooler taller tail lights it would have been off the charts. I'm sure it will grow on us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.