OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I went from hating the CTS coupe, to loving it, to now finding it meh. I am certain you are ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: OK, the REAL photos of the 2014 CTS are out now... who designs these cars?!

I went from hating the CTS coupe, to loving it, to now finding it meh. I am certain you are right. For most, it will grow on us. I just think they should have stuck with the ATS silhouette, and given it more aggressive head and tail lights.

al williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 coupe-- manual shift-- 1 of 65 built.

I think the front end of the new CTS looks too aggressive for a 4-door. That is the front end that the CTS Coupe needs. The front end of the CTS Coupe is too conservative. Swapping the front ends (which isn't possible, I'm sure) would improve both.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I have it on good authority that the next CTS-V will have rocket fins.

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Turbo rocket fins or supercharged rocket fins?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I went from hating the CTS coupe, to loving it, to now finding it meh. I am certain you are right. For most, it will grow on us. I just think they should have stuck with the ATS silhouette, and given it more aggressive head and tail lights.
    Both the CTS coupe as well as this new CTS design is what I label as having "potential"....they needed to take both vehicles a step or two more in design; if you wanted a "Ceil" look in the CTS then give it more of a Ceil front end application with light treatments, etc....continuing with a swept tail light design.....the CTS coupe back end is damn good, but they needed a better match up front to go with the wedge styling.....bottom line: front and rear of both vehicles just don't quite match up.....the ATS on the other hand, was a perfect match from front to rear....destined to be a classic in design IMHO.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

I saw the car at the NY Auto Show and pics don't do it justice. In person its a very nice looking car. Maybe a bit more mature than the current vehicle but that is what is needed for where they want to bring this model. If the ATS wasn't in the line up I would call it a misstep but to compete against the E-Class & the 5 Series I think this car fits the bill.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Thanks for the photos. Nice to see it in red without the kleiglights ruining the photos, as at Autoblog.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

It is interesting to see all the cars going to the higher hood lines for the upcoming pedestrian safety standards.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think most cars already meet those new standards. They have been in place in europe for years now.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    The rear end is growing on me... Rapidly. There's a pic on the Cadillac website of a Vsport in Black Diamond... Whoa.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    The rear end is growing on me... Rapidly. There's a pic on the Cadillac website of a Vsport in Black Diamond... Whoa.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    Please let GM management know that we need TT 3.6 with all wheel drive.
    Competition Mercedes and Audi have AWD cars for reasonable price.

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-merce...#axzz2Oq2Y9rtx
    Cadillac is solely focus on BMW! As long as BMW's M5 is RWD; so is Cadillac's CTS-V and CTS-V Sport going to be RWD only. Cadillac does not focus on the other upscale car company such as Benz nor Mercedes not Porsche nor Jaguar. They do not think that if you offer something like CTS-V AWD that BMW does not have that people would go and maybe buy it. In this respect they are just copy cats - have no vision - they react to the leader and are not leaders themselves. Same old GM!
    Tedboss1 and Tedboss1 like this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Second trip to ny auto show today. I take all my previous comments back espically the mom jeans comments. I thought it all worked today. . It looked great

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild

Cadillac is solely focus on BMW! As long as BMW's M5 is RWD; so is Cadillac's CTS-V and CTS-V Sport going to be RWD only. Cadillac does not focus on the other upscale car company such as Benz nor Mercedes not Porsche nor Jaguar. They do not think that if you offer something like CTS-V AWD that BMW does not have that people would go and maybe buy it. In this respect they are just copy cats - have no vision - they react to the leader and are not leaders themselves. Same old GM!
    You chase and copy the leaders to establish your credibility. Once that is done you now have the resources to be a leader.

That's what Lexus did with Mercedes back at the start. Worked for them.
    RAB and RAB like this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild

Cadillac is not even close to being a copy cat. The art and science theme is ground breaking and has always looked like no other car on the world. Simply because they benchmark against a BMW does not mean anything other then they want the Cadillac to perform better then anyone else's car.

Also remember it was all the other car companies that copy Cadillac As Cadillac was the first luxury car the world knew. In the early days no movie star, sports hero or successful businessman wanted to be seen driving anything but a Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.