Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Whole Car images of 2014 CTS

11K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  Pillow 
#1 ·
#6 ·
People crucified me on this forum cause I though it not half bad from the earlier photos......especially the back end. I said give it a chance.....now everyone loves it! Not far off from the originally released photos except better detail. Not bad of a model (though I like the ATS lines better), and certainly an improvement over the XTS in my opinion.

#11 ·
00 ss said:
I have to admit, I like it. I like my 08 better overall, but the new front end is better than the old one.
I agree. I do like it.

Still not enough to want to trade in my coupe.

----------

danoh123 said:
I am surprised that Cadillac released these photos before tomorrow's official release date. I can see Cadillac releasing the teasers, but the whole ??? I am glad to see them, but bit anticlimactic for tomorrow's release
People crucified you because you ridiculed them for their opinion.

I personally said that based on the pictures I saw I didn't like it, but would have no problem retracting my opinion if there were better pictures and I changed my mind.

I have also been pretty consistent in my opinion. Overall I like the car, but the back end is still a bit plain.

#13 ·
People crucified you because you ridiculed them for their opinion.

I personally said that based on the pictures I saw I didn't like it, but would have no problem retracting my opinion if there were better pictures and I changed my mind.

I have also been pretty consistent in my opinion. Overall I like the car, but the back end is still a bit plain.
I Just stated an opinion that maybe CTS owners should give the new model a chance, especially based on two pictures. Specifically... "surprised by the quick judgment and angry comments by CTS owners on the new CTS design"... You called it "lecturing and criticizing".....now ridiculing.
You liked the front end, but dismissed the car for the back end....then went on to state that I was apparently wrong about my opinion on the styling cause the majority disliked the car immensely on both forums. Funny how the majority likes and loves it now. Read the original thread, and you thought Cadillac had lost it's mind and was catering to China, etc. I Think it's a nice car (front end a little bit too aggressive for my taste, especially the ridges), prefer the lines of my ATS.

#15 ·
Wondered about that console storage too. Maybe it's a back hinge,not a side hinge?

Much nicer than the old CTS and looks better proportioned than the XTS. Same engine as the XTS....RWD....wonder what the price differential wouldd be? Cadillac could be losing XTS customers to this.

#17 · (Edited)
rustybear3 said:
I Just stated an opinion that maybe CTS owners should give the new model a chance, especially based on two pictures. Specifically... "surprised by the quick judgment and angry comments by CTS owners on the new CTS design"... You called it "lecturing and criticizing".....now ridiculing.
You liked the front end, but dismissed the car for the back end....then went on to state that I was apparently wrong about my opinion on the styling cause the majority disliked the car immensely on both forums. Funny how the majority likes and loves it now. Read the original thread, and you thought Cadillac had lost it's mind and was catering to China, etc. I Think it's a nice car (front end a little bit too aggressive for my taste, especially the ridges), prefer the lines of my ATS.
You were lecturing and I never said you were wrong about your opinion. You posted a thread in the ATS forums basically implying that we were all a bunch of idiots (my words). You also posted comments basically saying the current CTS is such a POS (again i am paraphrasing, but not too far off) and how you couldn't see how anyone could own the car. Again, a judgement on the choices that many in this forum have made.

I simply stated that most people agreed that the styling was too understated and YES I did feel that GM was catering to China. Bottom line is that you posted two pictures and asked for opinions based on those pictures and people gave them. Now that there are MORE pictures, people like it.

So what's your point? You predicted that maybe we would like it once we saw more pictures, and we do. You want credit for that? Great, you get a gold star.

Ironically what I like about the car (the aggressive front end) is what you like the least. I like the aggressive look (explains why I love my coupe), you like the tamer lines of the ATS.

Nice to have choices in life. Enjoy you car.

#19 ·
As you keep saying, your words not mine. Encouraging people to give it a chance once you see more pictures is lecturing?.....whatever! I stated I didn't like the old CTS (and still don't)...hated the handling and interior...I feel it's outdated style wise, along with my old car, the STS.....never said anything about how anybody else could own a car. That's called "an opinion." Plenty of people on this forum love or hate vehicles for certain reasons. Yes, I'm glad people have and did change their minds....nice to see. Just thought there was an over-reaction on the new CTS model. Yes, I like the stance and look of the new vehicles; fresh and more up to date. Pictures are 2d and never conveys what these cars look like when you see them in person. Have fun enjoying your car as well.

#29 ·
Now that I have seen the pictures I still stand by my previous statements. Love the front and the profile, the rear is a bit understated. Not terrible mind you, but could have taken it further, maybe if there is a coupe version they will be a bit more daring in that area.

I think it makes much more of a statement than the ATS.

Interested in the pricing.

Nice to see it gets the configurable gauge cluster like the XTS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.