2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; The lead designer should be fired. Why would you pull your brand back to 2001 with a DTS rear? Are ...
    Mr. Frontier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Black

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

The lead designer should be fired. Why would you pull your brand back to 2001 with a DTS rear? Are you even trying or are you in a tenured position after a real designer at the company brought the brand back to life. Don't smother yourself Cadillac. It's not looking good.

GrayGhost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I think it's the rear tail lights that really ruin it...they are short and stubby. Nothing like the tall sleak looking tail lights of the current CTS, which are reminiscent of the old Cadillacs with tail fins. It's those retro styling influences that let you know it's a Cadillac when you're a quarter mile away. I also agree with another poster that the license plate section is too wide. I really hope they change the rear design a bit. I can't see enough of the front to make a decision. In any case, I think the new BMW's are beautiful compared to what I've seen of this. I expected the XTS to be a little boring, but not the ATS and CTS, which is what they are in my opinion.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhost
    I think it's the rear tail lights that really ruin it...they are short and stubby. Nothing like the tall sleak looking tail lights of the current CTS, which are reminiscent of the old Cadillacs with tail fins. It's those retro styling influences that let you know it's a Cadillac when you're a quarter mile away. I also agree with another poster that the license plate section is too wide. I really hope they change the rear design a bit. I can't see enough of the front to make a decision. In any case, I think the new BMW's are beautiful compared to what I've seen of this. I expected the XTS to be a little boring, but not the ATS and CTS, which is what they are in my opinion.
    The rear license plate section is wide to accommodate European tags.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Don't the Mercedes have tons of electrical problems like the BMWs? The word on the street is that the mechanics cannot keep up with the problems. (My comment is based on several comments from M B owners.) (Hearsay??)

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

@ gohawks63

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The rear license plate section is wide to accommodate European tags.
    That would be the most weird design choice ever.

1) Most european countries offer us size license plates for imported us cars.
    2) Cadillac sales in Europe are non existent, and will always be that way. No European in their right mind would ever trade their luxury German car for a Cadillac. The quality is still not on the same level (the xts interior comes close but doesn't surpass or match the Germans, and the sheet metal and paint used is no way near the German quality), and the resale value of a Cadillac in Europe resembles the sale numbers, so is also non existent.

When i first saw the back of the xts, i thought it was ugly and hideous.
    But that was nothing compared to the atrocity they have designed to be the back of the new cts.

If the new Escalade is at the same level of disappointment as the new xts and cts are to me, i will switch brands and never look back.

Superbenzin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3,6 Performance Sedan 2012 ( Europe-Edition )

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    @ gohawks63

Sorry, this is not correct. In the EU this is the standard size ( in cm ):

8e8dc5b258.jpg

No exception for imported car`s !

Only for Classic ( US- ) Cars you can have smaller sizes :
    d6d68d72ea.jpg

The " H " is for Historic car

Best Regards

Heinz

PontiacV8 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

...a little offtopic, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Superbenzin View Post
    Attachment 103819

I don't think so...and there are exceptions sometimes... (...das bezweifel ich, Ausnahmen gibts immer wieder...)

...not only classic us cars...my STS got a 28 x 20 cm...my TA has a us size license plate...

Superbenzin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3,6 Performance Sedan 2012 ( Europe-Edition )

Congratulations PontiacV8

off topic :
    Generous licensing authorities in Niedersachsen !
    Here in NRW impossible or only after demonstration
    and clarification by an expert, whether the reconstruction on Cars
    reasonable anyway and then only for rear, forward must
    be an EU licence plate.

Best Regards

So großzügige Zulassungsstellen in Niedersachsen ?
    Bei uns in NRW nahezu unmöglich oder nur nach Vorführung
    und Klärung durch einen Sachverständigen, ob der Umbau am KFZ
    zumutbar ist und dann sowieso nur für hinten, vorne muss
    ein EU-Kennzeichen hin.
    2005 an meinem Mustang ging das noch mit Kleinkraftradkennz., beim
    2010 Camaro haben die das rigoros abgelehnt, beim Caddillac paßt
    es halt.

Grüsse Heinz

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc
    @ gohawks63

That would be the most weird design choice ever.

2) Cadillac sales in Europe are non existent, and will always be that way. No European in their right mind would ever trade their luxury German car for a Cadillac. The quality is still not on the same level (the xts interior comes close but doesn't surpass or match the Germans, and the sheet metal and paint used is no way near the German quality), and the resale value of a Cadillac in Europe resembles the sale numbers, so is also non existent.

When i first saw the back of the xts, i thought it was ugly and hideous.
    But that was nothing compared to the atrocity they have designed to be the back of the new cts.

If the new Escalade is at the same level of disappointment as the new xts and cts are to me, i will switch brands and never look back.
    Europe isn't the only consideration. China is a big market for GM too.

I personally wouldn't call the XTS or Cadillac's new design direction hideous, I just think they have gone a bit "less bold" in their designs. Then again the Germans and Lexus can hardly be considered bold either. I just personally like cars that are unique. I was drawn to the CTS and especially the coupe because there is nothing else quite like it on the road. Now I'm afraid that the new design direction will cause Cadillac's to blend in with everything else.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Latest photo of the 2014 CTS (circled in red) without camouflage, undergoing winter driving tests.
    Obviously difficult/impossible to see much detail. We may see further leaked photos as the reveal date approaches.

http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-acciden...-fac-151057844

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    To me, the ATS was disappointing in terms of styling. The XTS would be perfect if the hood was a little longer instead of the stubby look ( I know it's stubby because of the front wheel drive) and if they tweaked the roofline a little bit. The XTS is beautiful from the front and back it's the side view that ruins it. The ELR is absolutely gorgeous and they did a great job with that design. The new CTS looks awesome from the front (as I can see in the picture) but they should of put the XTS rear on it with the fin taillights. The back of the new CTS looks just like the first generation CTS. The other thing I do not like is the stance of the rear, one thing about the BMW 5 is that it has a great stance...

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    To me, the ATS was disappointing in terms of styling. The XTS would be perfect if the hood was a little longer instead of the stubby look ( I know it's stubby because of the front wheel drive) and if they tweaked the roofline a little bit. The XTS is beautiful from the front and back it's the side view that ruins it. The ELR is absolutely gorgeous and they did a great job with that design. The new CTS looks awesome from the front (as I can see in the picture) but they should of put the XTS rear on it with the fin taillights. The back of the new CTS looks just like the first generation CTS. The other thing I do not like is the stance of the rear, one thing about the BMW 5 is that it has a great stance...
    Well said Bearle, as that echoes my thoughts exactly on the recent Caddys as well. I've been trying to figure the right words for these spy photos of the new CTS. Although I'm a coupe man, this generation (2008-2013) CTS whether it be the sedan or coupe just has a great stance to it. They helped defined sporty luxury with this model and its stance really helps in that look. This gen has a unique look and I like that they don't look like German cars but are an excellent alternative to the German cars. Looks wise, the BMW, Audi, and Mercs all have appealing features but they have a German look to it (that's not a negative thing, as the same can be said for Lexus, Acura, Infiniti). Cadillac, with the CTS seemed to bridge the gap between a distinctly American car, but filled with no-nonsense Germanness and, yes, Japanese reliability. I just don't want Cadillac to screw it up that's all.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I get it...you all hate the back end. But the front end is somewhat puzzling to me (even though I like it). Below the ATS looking headlamp assembly, is a J shaped metal/led type trim that curves to the left. Am I perceiving it wrong?

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    They are taking design cues from the CIEL concept. The front end is almost all CIEL, the way the headlights curve and the upright big grill etc. they should of added design from the CIEL rear which I think is the most beautiful rear I have ever seen on a car.

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

@Superbenzin

Quote Originally Posted by Superbenzin View Post
    Sorry, this is not correct. In the EU this is the standard size ( in cm ):

No exception for imported car`s !

Can you explain me then, how can i have a 1992 seville and a 2008 sts and a 2012 escalade with us size license plates in the netherlands in my garage when i'm completely wrong?
    Is the 2012 escalade a classic import car?
    And the other 2008 sts and 7 other 2012 escalades in my company, all classic imports?

Ever looked at the tiny italian license plates?
    tinman and tinman like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.