2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 138
Like Tree23Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by Merge This could be it? V? That is someone's photoshop attempt at an ATS-V....
  1. #91
    jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    58

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by Merge View Post
    This could be it? V?
    That is someone's photoshop attempt at an ATS-V.

  2. #92
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,634

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Wow....you really expected them to totally retool the CTS to be different from the ATS and XTS? You have no idea of the interior appointments, and your ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. Quite frankly, the CTS sedan design is old and outdated and needed a change...perhaps you guys are more set in your ways than you think. Those sharp angle designs are ANCIENT!! I love the ATS design and dumped my 2008 STS just to buy it, I was so impressed. The handling, performance, interiors, engines, CUE, etc, are such a jump ahead of the older STS and CTS models. I remember having work done on my STS, and I had a CTS loaner.....what a horrible car! The interior was cheap and old fashioned, and the handling was rough and uncomfortable; could hardly wait to get the STS back. Even though i preferred the ATS over the XTS, I think these models are some of the most beautifully designed Cadillacs to date....believe me, other happy Cadillac customers bear this out! CTS sales have slipped for a reason. To each his own.
    I guess I don't understand your post, rustybear. You state that angular design of our current CTS is ancient, yet the ATS is fresh? I look at the ATS as almost the next gen of the CTS with that design (I like it). Or are you a fan of the new CTS? Hell, I'd just go buy a Lincoln rather than the new CTS (based on these photos) . Just trying to better understand you.

  3. #93
    snofun3 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    319

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Wow....you really expected them to totally retool the CTS to be different from the ATS and XTS? You have no idea of the interior appointments, and your ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. Quite frankly, the CTS sedan design is old and outdated and needed a change...perhaps you guys are more set in your ways than you think. Those sharp angle designs are ANCIENT!! I love the ATS design and dumped my 2008 STS just to buy it, I was so impressed. The handling, performance, interiors, engines, CUE, etc, are such a jump ahead of the older STS and CTS models. I remember having work done on my STS, and I had a CTS loaner.....what a horrible car! The interior was cheap and old fashioned, and the handling was rough and uncomfortable; could hardly wait to get the STS back. Even though i preferred the ATS over the XTS, I think these models are some of the most beautifully designed Cadillacs to date....believe me, other happy Cadillac customers bear this out! CTS sales have slipped for a reason. To each his own.
    CTS sales havce slipped because the car is now6 model years old, which is ancient in car terms.

    The ATS I like, the XTS is for the next generation of old-fart owners. Sadly, what brought people like me that had never in a million years considered buying a DTS, STS etc, was the funky styling of the CTS. Now that it's been dumbed down again, it's back to pandering to old-farts apparently. Another marketing blunder by GM.

  4. #94
    BreakingThrough's Avatar
    BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    254

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I remember having work done on my STS, and I had a CTS loaner.....what a horrible car! The interior was cheap and old fashioned, and the handling was rough and uncomfortable; could hardly wait to get the STS back. Even though i preferred the ATS over the XTS, I think these models are some of the most beautifully designed Cadillacs to date....believe me, other happy Cadillac customers bear this out! CTS sales have slipped for a reason. To each his own.
    Interesting, I had the opposite experience with STS vs. CTS. I had an STS loaner while my CTS was being repaired after a minor fender bender. I found the STS very awkward to drive with an unbelievably cheap interior more fitting of a Chevy than any luxury car. It felt like I was driving around a huge slab-sided square...and I couldn't get over the "dead pedal" that was just a random square in the footwell. It felt as if the body was placed on a chassis that was a different shape than the final car. There was a reason why the STS sold so poorly. On the plus side, the seats were comfy. As you said, to each his own.
    RAB and RAB like this.

  5. #95
    The_Judge's Avatar
    The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, California
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingThrough View Post
    Interesting, I had the opposite experience with STS vs. CTS. I had an STS loaner while my CTS was being repaired after a minor fender bender. I found the STS very awkward to drive with an unbelievably cheap interior more fitting of a Chevy than any luxury car. It felt like I was driving around a huge slab-sided square...and I couldn't get over the "dead pedal" that was just a random square in the footwell. It felt as if the body was placed on a chassis that was a different shape than the final car. There was a reason why the STS sold so poorly. On the plus side, the seats were comfy. As you said, to each his own.
    My thoughts exactly. I thought the STS was a boat out of water, an "old man's car" -- all I needed was a hat! (I'll be 67 in April, so I can say that.)

  6. #96
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge

    My thoughts exactly. I thought the STS was a boat out of water, an "old man's car" -- all I needed was a hat! (I'll be 67 in April, so I can say that.)
    He (Rusty) started a thread on the ATS forum stating that the CTS guys "hate" the new CTS. Interestingly the feedback there is consistent with what has been said here. (Front end looks good, rear is boring)

    Below is the response I posted there.


    Originally Posted by rustybear3
    Here are 2 shots of front end (dark car) and rear end (silver) of the new 2014 CTS. I like it, but most posters on the CTS forum HATE and I mean HATE IT! ....especially the rear end. For whatever reason, they all expected the CTS to be totally different in design (and old fashioned edgy) from the ATS and XTS. What do you guys think?
    [/IMG] [/IMG]

    http://jalopnik.com/5982278/2014-cad...cts-this-is-it
    The feedback you're getting here is consistent with what has been said on the CTS forum.

    In your post on that forum, I don't think you were being completely fair about the disappointment.

    I don't think anyone there expects a slightly warmed over version of the current model. You also called the existing CTS "horrible". Kind of a harsh comment for a car the arguably redefined the brand. Let's see what people in 5 years say about the current gen ATS. You also called the interior of a CTS loaner "cheap and old fashioned". Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe there is a difference between what you got as a loaner and the interior of my 2012 Premium Coupe, but i think the interior in my car rivals if not surpasses that of my previous Acura RL. The 2nd gen CTS has been out for 5 years and no one will argue that it is time for it to receive the same love that the ATS and XTS have received. Comparing it to a current ATS and XTS is ridiculous.

    The criticism on the CTS boards is Cadillac's decision to soften the "Art & Science" theme primarily to placate the Chinese market. Dynamic styling is what got Cadillac noticed. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my coupe, whether it be a thumbs up while driving on the freeway, or a group of teenagers stopping dead in their tracks as I pull into a parking spot and then telling me, "that is one SEXY car", or the numerous times I have been approached at a gas station and received compliments. These are all true stories that happened to me. I have never gotten that kind of response from the numerous cars I have owned in the past not to mention hearing that about a Cadillac, and this is still from a car that is technically on an older platform, although the coupe itself has only been out a couple of years.

    Everyone there understands that the CTS is due for an update. The concern is that they don't water down the design too much. You can argue that BMW doesn't stray too much design-wise from one model to the next, but Cadillac hasn't developed the street cred yet to rely on the brand reputation. Even Cadillac has come out and said (see my other thread about the ATS coupe) that they will be challenged putting up the CTS against the 5 series.

    They are off on the right foot from a performance perspective with the ATS, us CTS owners just hope they don't soften the lines too much, that's all.

  7. #97
    RAB's Avatar
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,925

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Very well said gohawks63 - excellent post.

  8. #98
    CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,872

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    I have more anticipation for the Chevy SS sedan this week than I do the new CTS now

  9. #99
    Mistercoffee2's Avatar
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    516

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Should we hold out hope that the V will correct the rear?

  10. #100
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,982

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    i think you should hold out hope that the rear is misrepresented by that photo
    tinman and tinman like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  11. #101
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Very well said gohawks63 - excellent post.
    +1 on that...Well put sir!

  12. #102
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I guess I don't understand your post, rustybear. You state that angular design of our current CTS is ancient, yet the ATS is fresh? I look at the ATS as almost the next gen of the CTS with that design (I like it). Or are you a fan of the new CTS? Hell, I'd just go buy a Lincoln rather than the new CTS (based on these photos) . Just trying to better understand you.
    Very simple...current CTS has very angular design; so did the STS, but not as radical......the ATS,XTS, and now the CTS 2014 have a smoother, more refined look. If you look on the ATS and XTS forums, you'll see that most of us owners love the new look. The angular style of the old models are dated IMO.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    He (Rusty) started a thread on the ATS forum stating that the CTS guys "hate" the new CTS. Interestingly the feedback there is consistent with what has been said here. (Front end looks good, rear is boring)

    Below is the response I posted there.


    Originally Posted by rustybear3
    Here are 2 shots of front end (dark car) and rear end (silver) of the new 2014 CTS. I like it, but most posters on the CTS forum HATE and I mean HATE IT! ....especially the rear end. For whatever reason, they all expected the CTS to be totally different in design (and old fashioned edgy) from the ATS and XTS. What do you guys think?
    [/IMG] [/IMG]

    http://jalopnik.com/5982278/2014-cad...cts-this-is-it
    The feedback you're getting here is consistent with what has been said on the CTS forum.


    In your post on that forum, I don't think you were being completely fair about the disappointment.

    I don't think anyone there expects a slightly warmed over version of the current model. You also called the existing CTS "horrible". Kind of a harsh comment for a car the arguably redefined the brand. Let's see what people in 5 years say about the current gen ATS. You also called the interior of a CTS loaner "cheap and old fashioned". Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe there is a difference between what you got as a loaner and the interior of my 2012 Premium Coupe, but i think the interior in my car rivals if not surpasses that of my previous Acura RL. The 2nd gen CTS has been out for 5 years and no one will argue that it is time for it to receive the same love that the ATS and XTS have received. Comparing it to a current ATS and XTS is ridiculous.

    The criticism on the CTS boards is Cadillac's decision to soften the "Art & Science" theme primarily to placate the Chinese market. Dynamic styling is what got Cadillac noticed. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my coupe, whether it be a thumbs up while driving on the freeway, or a group of teenagers stopping dead in their tracks as I pull into a parking spot and then telling me, "that is one SEXY car", or the numerous times I have been approached at a gas station and received compliments. These are all true stories that happened to me. I have never gotten that kind of response from the numerous cars I have owned in the past not to mention hearing that about a Cadillac, and this is still from a car that is technically on an older platform, although the coupe itself has only been out a couple of years.

    Everyone there understands that the CTS is due for an update. The concern is that they don't water down the design too much. You can argue that BMW doesn't stray too much design-wise from one model to the next, but Cadillac hasn't developed the street cred yet to rely on the brand reputation. Even Cadillac has come out and said (see my other thread about the ATS coupe) that they will be challenged putting up the CTS against the 5 series.

    They are off on the right foot from a performance perspective with the ATS, us CTS owners just hope they don't soften the lines too much, that's all.
    Again, I'm just surprised by the quick judgment and angry comments by CTS owners on the new CTS design; there was no doubt in my mind that it would be similar to the ATS and XTS in concept and form.....and it is! In no way shape or form does the XTS or ATS resemble the STS, older CTS or DTS for that matter, and I for one didn't expect it too. I too have had plenty of complements on both my 2008 STS and 2006 Eldorado in the past......I even had a lady follow me to a garden center with her husband just to inquire about how nice my car looked on the road and what it was. Since I've purchased my ATS, several times (and I'm not exaggerating) I had people remark and compliment me on my car....more than any Cadillac I've ever owned! People are really impressed with the new design; both old and young. Your CTS Coupe is a lot different than the standard CTS design and I'm glad you enjoy your car. No reason you shouldn't stick with it. The rear end of the XTS and ATS isn't all that different, yet I've yet to see a post on any of those forums about how they think those backs ends are boring;and the new CTS back end is virtually identical to the XTS rear end. I'm sorry, I really thought the CTS sedan was too angular in design and I liked the softer look of the STS; hence that's why I bought the STS....but as much as I liked my STS, it couldn't compared to the ATS. Reread the harsh comments posters have made on the new CTS; tell me I wasn't exaggerating that they hate it. These judgements all based on 2 pictures; a car no one has seen in person yet!

  13. #103
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,848

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Very simple...current CTS has very angular design; so did the STS, but not as radical......the ATS,XTS, and now the CTS 2014 have a smoother, more refined look. If you look on the ATS and XTS forums, you'll see that most of us owners love the new look. The angular style of the old models are dated IMO.

    Yet when you posted the spy shots on the ATS forum, the consensus there seems to match the same sentiment expressed in this forum.

  14. #104
    MoFex's Avatar
    MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    metro Atlanta
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,460

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Yet when you posted the spy shots on the ATS forum, the consensus there seems to match the same sentiment expressed in this forum.
    Looks like rustybear3 v. the rest

  15. #105
    CRT_CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 1SA
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

    While in some ways I am saddened to see the some of the angular styling go by the wayside. Cadillac wants to be a mass market luxury brand, like for example, BMW. Look at what BMW has done with each of their 3, 5 and 7 Series, all have gotten softer. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the current CTS looks, but your average German and Japanese luxury car buyer do not. If you like edgy, buy an ATS, it's really not that much smaller and it's pricing is structured closer to the 2008 CTS. I had an opportunity to check out the new ATS4 3.6 and the interior, from the seats, to the dash material is quite impressive. The new CTS is moving up market (higher MSRP), but I'll reserve my full opinion until GM actually launches the new model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting