2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by MotownPimp I don't believe it. GM cannot possible F up that bad. Apparently you haven't checked out ...
    snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp View Post
    I don't believe it. GM cannot possible F up that bad.
    Apparently you haven't checked out the new Malibu. WTF were they thinking.

At least it's consistent. Last in all of the recent comparos.

Sad.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I agree with some of you regarding the styling. To me I think the front end looks really beautiful, I like the big grill and the almost CIEL front headlamps and fascia. I 100% agree about the rear of the car, it's really plain and boring. The XTS's rear is more stylish than the CTS's. it seams like they have all the styling statements up front and seams to taper off to boring in the back.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    As I have posted on here before, the CTS coupe got me to buy a Cadillac (much less a domestic brand) after owning Acuras for 20 years. Acura lost it's way in the styling department and the dynamic styling of the CTS moved me enough to take a chance even if I was concerned that I might take a risk with reliability.

If they are watering down their styling there is a risk, at least for me, that my CTS will be my first and last Cadillac.
    Gohawks, we've had very similar experiences in the types of cars we bought and the timing as well, and once again, I agree completely with your post. My average time of ownership is between 3-6 years so when I'm ready for the next car, I'm afraid I'll be looking elsewhere (unless the ELR price is less than anticipated; at least I'll give Cadillac kudos on the styling of that vehicle). Don't know if I'll just be holding onto my CTS coupe longer or looking at something like I was originally interested in until I was swayed by the CTS styling: the A5. Either way, this may also be my first and last Cadillac. Judging by the thousands of views this has gotten on the short time this post has been on here, I sure hope Cadillac is paying serious attention.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Meanwhile... on the Chinese Cadillac forums they're raving about the upcoming 2014 CTS, and absolutely love the new rear end treatment.
    Yeh dam the Chinese if it wasn't for them Buick probably would have been killed instead of Pontiac

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

***NEWSFLASH***
    Feb 9, 2013
    Bowing to intense pressure, GM announced today they will ditch the controversial rear end styling on the upcoming 2014 CTS and proceed with their runner-up design. Specifics weren't provided, however a tipster within GM provided an updated spy image (see below).
    Look for the full reveal of the all-new '14 CTS at the 2013 New York International Auto Show in March.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    ***NEWSFLASH***
    Feb 9, 2013
    Bowing to intense pressure, GM announced today they will ditch the controversial rear end styling on the upcoming 2014 CTS and proceed with their runner-up design. Specifics weren't provided, however a tipster within GM provided an updated spy image (see below).
    Look for the full reveal of the all-new '14 CTS at the 2013 New York International Auto Show in March.

Lol, that was good :-)

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones

Gohawks, we've had very similar experiences in the types of cars we bought and the timing as well, and once again, I agree completely with your post. My average time of ownership is between 3-6 years so when I'm ready for the next car, I'm afraid I'll be looking elsewhere (unless the ELR price is less than anticipated; at least I'll give Cadillac kudos on the styling of that vehicle). Don't know if I'll just be holding onto my CTS coupe longer or looking at something like I was originally interested in until I was swayed by the CTS styling: the A5. Either way, this may also be my first and last Cadillac. Judging by the thousands of views this has gotten on the short time this post has been on here, I sure hope Cadillac is paying serious attention.
    great minds think alike.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

New sketch (by a contributor at gmauthority.com) of the 2014 CTS based on the two latest Jalopnik spy photos:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/02/...s-illustrated/

Blue CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe '14

Come on...they just F'd up with the 2014 Corvette rear end....now the CTS!

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp View Post
    I don't believe it. GM cannot possible F up that bad.
    You cannot believe that GM could F up that bad. They wrote the book on f...ing up. Actually it's not the size of a book as it is more like the size of a set of encyclopiedias.

Tri-SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2010 CTS 3.6DI FE3, 2011 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    Get rid of the hideous integrated exhaust outlets.
    x2
    I'd much rather see a couple of nice exhaust tips.

Swallow123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS

I have a 2012 CTS and the seats won't heat up during a remote start and taking it out on the highway makes me feel like I'm driving in a bubble/wind tunnel. By the looks of things, I'm stuck with this "loaf", unless or until I can get help or purchase something else. So, even though the looks of the 2014 are a turnoff, I'd certainly consider it - if they could fix what they build!

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow123
    I have a 2012 CTS and the seats won't heat up during a remote start and taking it out on the highway makes me feel like I'm driving in a bubble/wind tunnel. By the looks of things, I'm stuck with this "loaf", unless or until I can get help or purchase something else. So, even though the looks of the 2014 are a turnoff, I'd certainly consider it - if they could fix what they build!
    Yes they do under a certain temperature. The indicator won't light up but seat begins to warm up. The heating element will heat up much faster once your behind puts pressure on the seat. Do some searching this has been discussed many times.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Wow....you really expected them to totally retool the CTS to be different from the ATS and XTS? You have no idea of the interior appointments, and your ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. Quite frankly, the CTS sedan design is old and outdated and needed a change...perhaps you guys are more set in your ways than you think. Those sharp angle designs are ANCIENT!! I love the ATS design and dumped my 2008 STS just to buy it, I was so impressed. The handling, performance, interiors, engines, CUE, etc, are such a jump ahead of the older STS and CTS models. I remember having work done on my STS, and I had a CTS loaner.....what a horrible car! The interior was cheap and old fashioned, and the handling was rough and uncomfortable; could hardly wait to get the STS back. Even though i preferred the ATS over the XTS, I think these models are some of the most beautifully designed Cadillacs to date....believe me, other happy Cadillac customers bear this out! CTS sales have slipped for a reason. To each his own.

Merge is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

This could be it? V?
    untitled.png

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.