2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Originally Posted by tinman I wonder how many wagons MB sells. I don't see them discontinuing their model. Or Audi. ...
    MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS: This Is It

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I wonder how many wagons MB sells. I don't see them discontinuing their model. Or Audi. Heck, even Acura came out with a wagon. This is what you have to do to have a complete line of vehicles and keep customers happy with the Badge.
    MB and Audi sell a lot of wagons in Europe......

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Nice! I love that front end it's almost CIELish!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    MB and Audi sell a lot of wagons in Europe......

we've had a nonV wagon on the lot almost a year!

and by the way, does anyone else think that the general styling (profile, etc) of the coupe make it look like a quarter scale batmobile (the tumbler)??
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Posting from the V side of the forum:

We have the same general opinion as you guys. Front looks really promising and mean, rear is WTF?

I fell in love with the mean, angular, "get the f out of my way!" look of the current gen CTS at first glance and love it so much I bought a second one two months ago. Turns out I may have made the right decision rather than waiting for the next gen....especially since a 3G V wagon, let alone a stick wagon is not a given and is probably unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by smithb View Post
    Very disappointed. The current CTS to me looks like an angry sports car forced to shuttle around four doors. It's sharp and angular and looks like it is sucked to the ground. The new one looks looks like an XTS, a four door forced to shuttle around angry old men..
    Best statement here. AWESOME. And true! My V sounds like an angry, pissed off beast....that has to carry a wagon hatch.

I have owned almost 15 cars in my 23 years of driving. My new V wagon has attracted the most attention of any car I have ever owned, even more attention than my Honda S2000 and certainly more than my V sedan. EVERY TIME I gas up I can count on someone walking over and asking about the wagon, and when I tell them it's a stick wagon Cadillac, you can just see their eyes light up in desire. I've never seen anything like it. That's the sort of thing Cadillac needs to move cars.

Maybe they need to lure Maximum Bob back from retirement to show them a thing or two about injecting emotion into a car design. He wasn't perfect by any means but there was no doubt he was a passionate car guy, and that led to cars like the current CTS and CTS-V.

My hope is that these are planted spy pics to gin up sentiment among potential customers. If so, hopefully we'll get better pics to get an idea of where the design is really going, or a change.
    gohawks63 and gohawks63 like this.

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

According to Automobile magazine a Cadillac Vice President said that the 2014 CTS is going to be unveiled at the New York Auto Show which is usually Easter weekend. The way the story reads is that the "next generation" CTS is going to be revealed, not a "prototype". If that's the case, what you see is what you're going to get, or pretty close to it so I would imagine that the CTS is going to look like the ATS and the XTS. I can't see it having a different look. Usually all models look like they have the same bloodline. But, who knows, maybe the things I don't like on the ATS and the XTS will look just right on the CTS. I really don't believe that, I'm just trying to talk myself into it. I want to buy a Cadillac and I want to support American workers but I'm not going to spend 50 grand on a car I don't like.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Contrary to what some have said here, I just saw an XTS (yes, XTS) ad on TV, full of yupsters and 40-somethings being very cool. I'd find it hard to understand that Caddy isn't targeting that audience if they didn't have 30 seconds full of them. And the CTS is even more in the sights of yuppies than the XTS.

The CTS has been a rousing success because younger people have embraced it, bringing Caddy's average age of ownership down by over a decade, which was a requirement for them, as their clientel was literally dying on them.

If the latest pictures are really representative of the new CTS, Caddy's stepped on its proverbial dick very, very hard.
    MoFex and MoFex like this.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    I have read all of the posts and it seems we all have very similar if not the same opinion – we do not like the new design. Most of us stated that Cadillac went backwards, will lose customers and so on. I thought a bit more about it and I think Cadillac made a right decision. Why? First of all we are car enthusiasts; we do care about cars look, performance, handling and many other things.
    Unfortunately we are minority, there is only a few of us and Cadillac doesn’t care about us. Even if they lose us that only a few unsold cars.
    What they do care about is China – and Chinese do not like edgy design of current CTS and “general public” that does not care either. They designed car for masses…..they want to sell cars in large numbers….so spreadsheet has taken over…..sad but true.
    But maybe not all is lost yet. As others said there are other car manufacturers for auto enthusiasts…..we have choices and that’s a good thing![COLOR="Silver"]

----------
    I understand what you're saying and you may be right, but one part of your statement I found interesting. To paraphrase, they're going to sell more cars despite the fact they are going to lose some present Cadillac customers. Here's the problem if this is Cadillac's thinking. It is VERY shortsighted. Assuming this is true and they sell more cars to the "general public" and China, I think ultimately going in a bland direction is going to ruin Cadillac's reputation. A reputation that has been greatly improved as a result of this generation's CTS. Regarding the 2014 CTS, as one poster put it, "hey that's a great looking Cadillac said NO ONE under 75." In other words, they may sell a few more cars for a few years, but all the younger buyers are once again going to be turned off by Cadillac's offerings, and as evidenced by the many comments on here, people are already talking about the competition. That is a terrible omen for the brand. I count myself as one of the younger skewing buyers (despite my 40ish age), but I don't want to be associated with a brand that other people will say, "Oh you drive a Cadillac, I didn't realize how old you were." Present Cadillac owners will flee the brand, talk crap about it, and then go buy something else. Cadillac can't use this strategy long term. As a final note, did I make it clear that I'll add my vote among the others in order to make it unanimous on here that I do not like the looks of this direction. (I will however reserve final judgment until I see more pictures)

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

What I miss most about their recent designs (except the ELR, which dates to 2008-9) is the crisp corners and lines in the side greenhouse. Since everyone is doing the same sloping roofline for aerodynamics, it was about the only way left to be distinctive, and they threw it away.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    As I have posted on here before, the CTS coupe got me to buy a Cadillac (much less a domestic brand) after owning Acuras for 20 years. Acura lost it's way in the styling department and the dynamic styling of the CTS moved me enough to take a chance even if I was concerned that I might take a risk with reliability.

If they are watering down their styling there is a risk, at least for me, that my CTS will be my first and last Cadillac.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Meanwhile... on the Chinese Cadillac forums they're raving about the upcoming 2014 CTS, and absolutely love the new rear end treatment.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

I will defer absolute judgement (maybe others should as well) until you see the new car in 'the flesh'.

Blue CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe '14

I'm already starting to look the other way....currently leasing a '12 Coupe and love it and not really fond of the ATS "basic" look and doubt the ATS Coupe will be as "cool" as the CTS coupe. When this lease is up looks like Goodbye Cadillac.....

@angelbones
    I totally agree with your post. Even though I am almost 57
    Seriously though my wife and I always were looking for cars that are “different”, that “stand out” in terms of look/design but also performance. Of course within our means and the current CTS met all my requirements except reliability…..as you I will reserve my final judgments till the new CTS release, but if ATS it an indication of what to expect I am not optimistic…Cadillac needs to be different….needs to go back to its roots and truly become a “standard of the world” it once was…not only in pointless commercials…

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post

we've had a nonV wagon on the lot almost a year!

and by the way, does anyone else think that the general styling (profile, etc) of the coupe make it look like a quarter scale batmobile (the tumbler)??
    I am not surprised. Americans in general do not like wagons. They are not "cool". What is cool are crappy SUV's and trucks

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

I don't believe it. GM cannot possible F up that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp
    I don't believe it. GM cannot possible F up that bad.
    You never know

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.