2014 CTS When ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS When ? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Hey everyone former CTS owner who bought a camaro and now thinking of a new 2014 Cts. I thought we ...
    gord1966 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 CTS When ?

Hey everyone former CTS owner who bought a camaro and now thinking of a new 2014 Cts.
    I thought we would see the unveiling of the 2014 at NAIAS this morning. Icant find anything on it. Did it happen does anyone have any link or know when it maybe revealed ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

Re: 2014 CTS When ?

I too am waiting to see the new CTS and what sort of powertrain options it will have. However, they just unveiled the ELR today so I imagine that is Cadillac's priority for the Detroit show. I guess the CTS will show up at Chicago or NYC.

I wish they would hurry up and spill the details. The new Corvette is looking quite attractive and if I could pair it with a diesel ATS for a daily driver...I might just cry a little.

gord1966 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love the Vette. Haven't been a Corvette fan in the past but thats a nice car

Blue CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe '14

ELR looks pretty close to the CTS Coupe --- amazingly close. Would be a great transition of the CTS coupe to this....

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue CTS
    ELR looks pretty close to the CTS Coupe --- amazingly close. Would be a great transition of the CTS coupe to this....
    I believe it is smaller though. Given how difficult it is getting in the back of the CTS coupe, I can't imagine it in the ELR.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I believe it is smaller though. Given how difficult it is getting in the back of the CTS coupe, I can't imagine it in the ELR.
    Actually, it surprised me that the two models are quite close in the specs published by Cadillac:

ELR Coupe Weight 4070 pounds; CTS-4 Coupe 4096 pounds. ELR Coupe Length 186 inches; CTS-4 Coupe length 188.5 inches. ELR Coupe wheelbase 106.1 inches; CTS-4 Coupe 113.4 inches. ELR Coupe trunk 9 cubic feet volume; CTS-4 Coupe trunk 10.5 cubic feet volume.

Cadillac describes the ELR Coupe as a "2 + 2" and mentions its rear seats fold to accommodate golf bags. Of course, the rear seat of the CTS-4 Coupe folds, too. The full length console in the ELR Coupe looks nicely done--and I read something about an electric cup holder cover.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos

Actually, it surprised me that the two models are quite close in the specs published by Cadillac:

ELR Coupe Weight 4070 pounds; CTS-4 Coupe 4096 pounds. ELR Coupe Length 186 inches; CTS-4 Coupe length 188.5 inches. ELR Coupe wheelbase 106.1 inches; CTS-4 Coupe 113.4 inches. ELR Coupe trunk 9 cubic feet volume; CTS-4 Coupe trunk 10.5 cubic feet volume.

Cadillac describes the ELR Coupe as a "2 + 2" and mentions its rear seats fold to accommodate golf bags. Of course, the rear seat of the CTS-4 Coupe folds, too. The full length console in the ELR Coupe looks nicely done--and I read something about an electric cup holder cover.
    Wow. Since they have been saying it's based on the Volt, I assumed it was similar dimensionally.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

It is too bad the ELR drivetrain is quite similar to the Volt--but maybe this will lower the price from its projected levels? The ELR Coupe's proportions are those of its front-wheel-drive system, so I find the appearance of the CTS Coupes much nicer, but the trendiness of having a hybrid should assure its success in the marketplace. It's time for Cadillac to re-fresh the CTS Coupe with niceties like door mirror turn indicators, heads-up display and redesigned wheels--especially if they're not bringing out a Generation III CTS Coupe anytime soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.