2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; ...
    EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot!

2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6!
    Left Lane News
    June 11, 2012
    by Drew Johnson

Itís been a while since weíve seen the 2014 Cadillac CTS testing in the wild, but the wait has apparently been worth it. Our spies have just sent us the latest shots of the next-generation CTS, including the carís interior and twin-turbo powerplant.

Currently being developed under the codename A1LL, the next-generation CTS will ride on an extended version of the ATSí Alpha platform. With the ATS set to take on the BMW 3-Series, the 2014 CTS will grow a bit larger to better compete with the BMW 5-Series.

Cadillacís Art & Science design language will remain part of the 2014 CTSí DNA, but the overall look will be refined. Prototypes of the CTS are still testing with heavy camouflage, but our photographers managed one lone shot showing off the carís new front end styling.

The rear of the CTS will continue to feature Cadillacís signature vertical taillights, but a new bumper will sport integrated exhaust outlets.

The next CTS will also, as our latest spy shots reveal, adopt an interior layout similar to that of the ATS and XTS. The overall shape of the carís interior will be more organic and include Cadillacís latest CUE infotainment system.

The big news, however, has to do with the 2014 CTSí engine bay. Our photographers managed to snap a few shots with he carís hood open, revealing a new twin-turbocharged V6.

Full Article and Images Available at Link

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot!

That interior is amazing. This car is going to bring it to the E/5er, and hopefully it'll get new technology that no one else has. Cadillac is coming back!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

The pics and links are gone already? Did anyone save them?

dreiloft is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by 00 ss
    The pics and links are gone already? Did anyone save them?
    Click on left lane news on first post.

Thanks. It does look nice! I can't wait to see the specs on the TTV6! Let's hope for 400+ on torque and HP. I'm sure this car will weigh at least as much as the current car and maybe more with the extra size. If Cadillac is taking aim at the 5 series, their going to need the power and twist, as well as a tranny that shifts MUCH faster in "manual" mode than the one we have now. Standard paddle shifters would help as well.

General Croc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

I think I'll start saving my pennies!

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Alright, just my opinion, but it looks too big, despite loving the powertrain and the interior goodies. Granted, if they are going after the 5-series then it seems perfectly positioned. That's fine, but personally, I like the CTS Goldilocks size right now: not too big and not too small. Although I own a coupe, I think it applies equally to the sedan as well.

Another question though, if the ATS is meant to compete with the 3-series (which I believe is appropriate), then where does the XTS fit in?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I think it will compete with barges on the Rhine river.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

If the 2014 CTS has an 8 speed trans I will be interested. I would hate to buy the 2014 only to see the 8 speed come in 2015. A vehicle in this class should offer an 8 speed right out of the gate.

I really don't care how many gears it has, only that the it makes the best possible use of them. If they give it enough torque and a flat enough torque curve, it won't need 8 different ratios to stay in a usable power band. A proper performance/racing style auto with a twin disk clutch that shifts at lightning speeds might be nice though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm enjoying the reactions so far! Thanks, as always, for the great feedback, you all. And let me know if you'd like me to double check my resources in the future for the latest information at my disposal.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

If I were betting man, I would say the next gen CTS will have less HP than more witnessed by the XTS. Fuel economy is the big thing right now and a paltry 23 mpg highway will not cut it, and the V-Series will be a thing of the past. They can hardly give the V's away and most dealers still have sizable inventories of 2011's of all Cadillacs.

I hate turbos. I do not want Cadillac to become BMW or even Ford.

Cadillac is shooting itself in the foot with the ATS. They will sell bunches of them at first, but resale values will be horrible. No potential buyer is going to pay a big premium for the tech stuff in the XTS and ATS, which is almost the same as in the Prius v Advanced Tech Package, albeit without blind spot and the magic screen. Most Cadillac buyers nowadays buy the base models just to say they have a Cadillac.

I hate to say it, but once 20 January 2013 comes around the automakers better start pulling in their horns as dark days are ahead.

There's nothing wrong with small engine models and more sedate versions. I just want to see at least one version that can stack up to the 550 head on. Without a V model and the LS9 (or equivalent), the M5 will still be out of range. I only use the 5 series as a gauge because Cadillac says that's the target competion.

Mr. Frontier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Black

Hey Katie! Some real customer service would be more leaked shots and specs... nudge nudge wink wink.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.