2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot! in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; The 2014 will launch with an 8 speed from what I've heard. It'll also debut a 2nd generation 3.6L V6 ...
    EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Spied With Twin-Turbo V6 and Interior Shot!

The 2014 will launch with an 8 speed from what I've heard. It'll also debut a 2nd generation 3.6L V6 if my source is correct. So expect better power and FE at the same time!

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by 00 ss View Post
    I really don't care how many gears it has, only that the it makes the best possible use of them. If they give it enough torque and a flat enough torque curve, it won't need 8 different ratios to stay in a usable power band. A proper performance/racing style auto with a twin disk clutch that shifts at lightning speeds might be nice though.
    Most vehicles of that class in 2013 will be offering an 8 speed trans for performance and mileage. Even the Chrysler 300 V6 offers an 8 speed now and soon the Jeep Grand Cherokee will also and others in the Chrysler line will follow shortly. For GM, I believe the Corvette C7 will begin the roll-out of the 8 speed at first then maybe in the 2015 CTS. From what I read (not sure where) the development of the 8 speed was shelved due to the bankruptcy and was recently started up again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Frontier View Post
    Hey Katie! Some real customer service would be more leaked shots and specs... nudge nudge wink wink.
    Ha! Wish that I could, Mr. Frontier. I appreciate your attempt, though!

I'm just a direct message away if you'd ever like me to double check for breaking news.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Maybe power folding heated mirrors would be nice a little bigger also.Don't care about turbos you can only go so fast anyways these & they burn enough fuel w/o turbo's(then you qualify for a gas guzzler tax)As far as pkgs. go they don't need so many offer 2 and be done with it top of the line and middle of the road Options are a PITA.I doubt I will buy another anyways.

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

Any rumors on whether or not a manual transmission will be available? I am disappointed that the ATS will only have one with the 2.0T AND you won't be able to have the HUD or other electronic goodies with it.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I saw one last night at my dealer. Only rumors at this point, and, as usual, we on this forum know more that most any and all salesmen. Ooops, my fault, I was talking about the ATS, not the CTS.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

Per this article, the 8 speed transmission production won't ramp up until Q1 2014 which may be late for the 2014 CTS rollout - Other articles indicate that Corvette and some trucks/suvs may be the first to get it.

http://www.13abc.com/story/18769971/...d-transmission

here is another post from GMI:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...coming-108937/

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

At least it's being made in Toledo. They do a pretty good job there.

Bandit1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I'm enjoying the reactions so far! Thanks, as always, for the great feedback, you all. And let me know if you'd like me to double check my resources in the future for the latest information at my disposal.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Katie--You tell the guys to keep it comin! This is AMERICA and this what we do!!! AND like 'Tim the Tool Man Taylor' says on the Corvette commercials...AMERICA STILL BUILDS ROCKETS!!!!! Make that new generation CTS bigger, better, faster and show Bimmer how it's done.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

The XTS, because of its size, and price range, will slot just above the CTS, with competition from the likes of the 6Series, A6, LF, Equus , and CLS. The new TT addition to the V6, just shy of 400hp., will appear on the 2015 refresh of the XTS. Other new enhancements wiil include, many new apps. for CUE and enhancements, sort of a CUE 2, Cadillacs "Super Cruise" the 1st "in production" application is currently on schedule to launch on the 2015 XTS. The 2015 XTS models will be...Luxury, Premium, and Platinum, all more upscale with standard features. Base Model will be discontinued. Intellibeam, and power folding mirrrors are among the "enhancements" !

''

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Alright, just my opinion, but it looks too big, despite loving the powertrain and the interior goodies. Granted, if they are going after the 5-series then it seems perfectly positioned. That's fine, but personally, I like the CTS Goldilocks size right now: not too big and not too small. Although I own a coupe, I think it applies equally to the sedan as well.

Another question though, if the ATS is meant to compete with the 3-series (which I believe is appropriate), then where does the XTS fit in?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

source? ... and what about the 2014 XTS?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.