Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just released Intercooler Expansion Tank For The V

16K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  STS_Chiller 
#1 ·
This is complete kit that adds 3 qt of water to system. The surge tank mounts to stock bracket out of the way. The water tank mounts to inner fender well on passenger side behind bumper cover. These are manufactured by Vortech for there Super Chargers.

Kit comes with all the formed hoses, mounting bracket, hose clamps and hardware needed. We came up with this for an upgrade to Super Chiller Kit but believe it will work well with stock system as well. Surge tank has one line in high and one line out of bottom that should help filling system. Once installed looks nearly factory best of all its not aluminum so no insulation is needed.

See less See more
#7 ·
What are the benefits of this without the super chiller?

----------

What is it with vendors not having more than a certain amount of pictures of products you guys sell? Camera broken? Too lazy to take more pics?

Surge tank has one line in high and one line out of bottom that should help filling system. More water volume helps keep IAT temp down. No where near as well as with Super chiller but every one I have added a Super Chiller to and a larger tank states the larger tank helps even when AC is off.
The CTS V doesn’t even have a Tank. The ZR1 comes with a hidden tank behind bumper cover to do just this but does not have a fill tank under hood same as CTS V.

rbanshee1 car has gone home his car has the Super Chiller installed so it was hard to take pictures of this installed without the Super chiller.
I don’t see any benefit of additional pictures I show both tanks installed and a top view.

I would not call any one working 2 full time jobs Lazy

#8 ·
SoCalCTSV said:
What are the benefits of this without the super chiller?

----------

What is it with vendors not having more than a certain amount of pictures of products you guys sell? Camera broken? Too lazy to take more pics?
I have a factory front mount heat exchanger, so with the extra capacity of antifreeze being cooled and stored,it seems to keep inter cooler temps lower longer at wot

#10 ·
Can the lower tank be installed without removing the front bumper cover?

I'm going to be doing a cam install shortly and at the same time add a larger HX, with the rad and everything else out of the car would it be easy to install your lower tank and not have to screw around with the body work?

Also, what's the price and availability? I'll need it within a 2-3 weeks if I'm going to get everything done at the same time.

Cheers, Paul.

#11 ·
Can the lower tank be installed without removing the front bumper cover?

I'm going to be doing a cam install shortly and at the same time add a larger HX, with the rad and everything else out of the car would it be easy to install your lower tank and not have to screw around with the body work?

What is your reservation going with a Super Chiller? Super Chiller will out perform any passive system and you won’t have to upgrade HX. Super Chiller is probably same price or cheaper.

Don’t you take bumper cover off for cam and HX? Radiator/Cooling module drops out bottom

Also, what's the price and availability? I'll need it within a 2-3 weeks if I'm going to get everything done at the same time.

Cheers, Paul.

What is your reservation going with a Super Chiller? Super Chiller will out perform any passive system and you won’t have to upgrade HX. Super Chiller is probably same price or cheaper.

Don’t you take bumper cover off for cam and HX? Radiator/Cooling module drops out bottom

#13 ·
mtirc6z said:
My appologies, I thought you were selling an "intercooler expansion tank for the V" since that was the title of this thread and what I was looking for, more capacity for my existing Katech HX system. Must say you did a good job of NOT answering a single one of the questions I asked.

Cheers, Paul.
Don't be so harsh. He works TWO jobs.

#15 ·
Idk I guess he could have answered his question differently. But either way the bumber removal is quite simple.
http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum/showthread.php/2424-Blacked-Out-Headlight-Mod
Thanks for the link...wish it worked for me. Also wish I could get the search function to work.

Regardless of the whole bumper removal question, availability and price could have been answered in the same amount of time it took to post a bunch of questions back to me and that ain't got anything to do with having two jobs.

Cheers, Paul.

#18 ·
So what is the cost of this system? As for the water tank you said "The water tank mounts to inner fender well on passenger side behind bumper cover.". So you would literally bolt the tank to the plastic fender liner? Its not bolted with a bracket to something more substantial?

----------

To mtirc6z,

Nathan brought the tread over to this site so heres the new link for the bumper removal.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ance-mods/261691-black-out-headlight-mod.html

#30 ·
mtirc6z said:
Hey Dave, looking forward to receiving your product.

So if I'm understanding this correctly what I should do is:

Exit from HX goes to pump and then up to inlet of S/C (this routing already exits from factory?).
Exit from S/C (aka,. the intercooler) to the top mounted filler (this routing also exists from factory?).
Exit from filler goes to new HX tank mounted on passenger-side inner fender.
Exit from new HX tank goes to inlet side of HX.

Does that sound correct?

And can you ensure all the appropriate hoses and connectors/clamps are provided to do this?

Cheers, Paul.
I have this original kit and you will be satisfied but I really suggest the chiller,I'm running a 11.30 flat with just a 9.55 lower,Airaid intake,id850 ,160 therm,I know I can pull two more 10ths with running the inter cooler temps at 45 deg with drags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.