newbie suspension question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, newbie suspension question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Hi All I'm New Here And Looking At Buying A 2009 Or 2010 Cts V. When I Find One I ...
    irish91983 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

newbie suspension question

Hi All

I'm New Here And Looking At Buying A 2009 Or 2010 Cts V. When I Find One I Want To Do Suspension Mods. My Question Is What's Out There What To Get And Stay Away From. I'm Looking To Lower It And Be Able To Takes Turns And Bumps Very Well.

Thanks, Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    These cars handle so well, there are few options on the market. Much fewer than the earlier generation V. Springs are about it. Most work well, but som modding is often needed to control squeaking. Nothing crazy, though....

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6, 752 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: newbie suspension question

The D3 sway bars are !
    Rule12b likes this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

The D3 lowering springs are excellent. They will drop the stance nicely and still retain the Magnaride. For the street, there is nothing better. I had them on both of my V's. Now my sedan is track only, so JRi coil overs are the best, but for the street, the springs and sways are the best.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I'd drive it a while, and see where YOU want to make changes. Like was said, nothing needs to be done until you overdrive the factory setup.

Eddie@RenEngDiv is offline Authorized Vendor

If you're still interested in getting suspension mods, we have lowering springs and sway bars for you

Mr. Hyde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Just throwin' this out there....

Yesterday, Friday the 29th of May, 2015 to be exact, I decided to purchase a set of D3 Springs and sway bars. But, wanting to be sure they are in stock and ready to ship, I pulled up their page, which says they ARE ready to ship.

Not being the trustworthy consumer, I even went so far as to call them. Which promptly got me to their message machine (voice mail?)

I took the next step and sent them a "Quick E-mail"...this according to their own site.

I have not heard anything yet, I am wondering if it is this difficult to get ahold of them when they DON'T have my money, how much agony will I be in, if I do trust their site and order the bars and springs?

Granted it has only been one day...but I will keep current on this and let everyone know the type of customer service, or lack thereof I receive...or don't lol

Ahhh the hell with it..I ordered them online today....

Got a call from D3, said the springs are indeed in stock and ready to ship.
    However.....the sway bars are 3-4 weeks out.
    So...going to PM RED and see what they can do for me!
    Club Malibu likes this.

I REALLY wanted to be the guy that said...."See guys, I ordered the springs from D3, they said they were in stock and ready to ship!"

However........it's been over a week now from the day they should have been shipped, already got my sway bars from RED, and they were shipped out a day later than D3!

Sooooo I called D3 only to have the same guy that told me they were in stock and ready to ship the same day, tell me that he has no idea where my order is, and why it hasn't shipped.

As soon as he calls back, I'm cancelling the order, which they already charged to my credit card, and ordering a set of Eibachs.

I really wanted to be the guy that restores some faith in D3 after all the horror stories.

jzips is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V wagon

I just put in Eibach Pro Kit springs and sway bars that are identical spec to the D3 (same actual manufacturer). Talk to Gev at GevPower. He has them in stock. That being said, I track my car and like the changes on the track. On the street, however, they are not an improvement over stock. You never drive on the street in a way that brings out the lean and understeer the stock suspension is susceptible to on the track. The stock suspension can fully handle street use. The suspension mods just diminish a bit the ride quality on the street (IMHO from experience) without improving anything much. The stock suspension is a world class balance for the street.

Thank you for the input!
    I never got a call back from D3....no surprise there...so later today I'm going to give them a call and cancel the order. Amazing how some Companies never seem to quite get the whole customer service idea, even though they do so well in putting out a quality product and back it up with race wins.

All's well that ends well I guess.
    I called to cancel the order, and to make a long boring story short, a very professional young lady answered the phone and had my order picked up and on it's way in less than two hours.

She gave me a tracking number and verification email.

Obviously, she wears the pants over there and nobody with a set of balls can manage to get anything done!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Oof.

Got the springs and bars installed, but have yet to align it, but here is a quick evaluation on the suspension upgrades.
    Remember that I'm no track expert, just an ordinary guy that thinks he can drive better than he actually can.

To sum it up, the car has much better turn in, and the front end feels much more "planted". I have a slight uphill street that I take coming home, and if I'm in the sweet spot in the RPM's I can goose it as the car hits a little rise and get the back end loose. This is a 30 MPH little "sidestep" the car will do with all nannies off.

Lots of fun, but I only do it once in a while...it is a residential street after all.

Now, the back end stays planted to the ground! With all the conditions being the same, of course if I hit it harder, it'll still break them loose.

The ride is about the same with the D3 springs, and the gap in the fenders looks much better with less of it to look at. I had them cut the bump stop, so NO squeeking at all!

Over all, I am very pleased with the upgrades and certainly recommend them to anyone who wants their car to feel tighter and about 300lbs. lighter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.