Cadillac Owners Forum banner

D3 Springs...Question

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MikeJCx9 
#1 ·
HEy guys,

What are your thoughts on the D3 springs? I made an impulse buy the other day and in speaking with some people they strongly recommended against them saying the only route to go is coils or bust. Do the springs hurt the car in any way shape or form? In terms of ride, performance, durability etc etc. I should of looked into them more before I bought them which was my first mistake but hey we all learn and do stupid shit at times. If anyone with them on their cars could give me a quick review id really appreciate it.

Thank you

Brendan

#2 ·
I have the comp springs on my car and I have 10,000 miles and 10 track days on them. I've been happy with mine. As long as you run the sleeves on the upper coils on the front they won't make any noise. Springs won't hurt the car in any way. Ride is stiffer, but not unbearable for a lowered car. Would I have gone coil-over from the beginning if I had the choice.. possibly to be able to change spring rates for the track, but it wasn't an option at the time.
Unfortunately there aren't many options for us (D3, eibach, KW)

#4 ·
I've also got the comp springs for about 10K and 10 track days. First off, HUGE improvement on track. Like night and day. On road, I notice a very slightly firmer ride. I'm talking very slight. Other than that I actually think I prefer the lowered ride over the stock ride. Coilovers definitely offer a lot more adjustment. Had I known how much I was going to track my V I would have gone right to coilovers. Mine are quiet with no sleeves but I removed the dust cover and trimmed the bump stop in the front.

#6 ·
I have D3 comp springs...just make sure the installer is familiar with the product so you don't experience noise - like op stated. The ride is great, the look fantastic. I have approx 15k miles on springs but 1 spring did fail (snapped in half). D3 overnighted new one and haven't had a problem since.

#8 ·
2013 CTSV,

Our spring package will not damage your V, it even comes with the mag ride rods to adjust the system. Coil overs will require deleting of the mag ride.

So all of you have the competition springs, and not just the lowering ones?I thought that more had the lowering ones. I didn't realize that we had to do the trimming thing on the competition ones also.
We recommend trimming the dust cover to keep from making noise.

#9 ·
I had them before going to coil overs. If you search my history I posted in detail about them. At the time, I thought they were the best thing I'd done to the car. It actually, to my mind, improved the ride of the car across the board. Definitely improved handling on the track of course, but also improved day to day driving too.

#10 ·
I also have the comp springs and sway bars -- love them and the handling is absolutely great -- but the real unanswered question for Rule12b -- do you believe the coil overs are better from racing and/or street perspective -- I assume (and you know what it means when you assume) racing is better -- but what about the street?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.